Home

Using generic offensive playbooks

This is a discussion on Using generic offensive playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2020, 10:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Using generic offensive playbooks

Just wondering if anyone was using a generic offensive playbook? Was just wondering if you are if this year it shows up in formations subs and when they show the starting lineups is it accurate to the defense you choose 3-4 for example or do they all default to the 4-3?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Using generic offensive playbooks

Have they finally made generic playbooks customizable or usable as a scheme in franchise mode? Such a stupid thing to remove from the game and they won’t get another penny from me until they bring it back
Old 09-15-2020, 01:12 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Plays and formations which are unique to the non-team books have NEVER been available for custom books and you have never been able to set a non-team book as your default in CFM.

Please repeat after me. NOTHING WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.

Last edited by stinkubus; 09-15-2020 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:01 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Plays and formations which are unique to the non-team books have NEVER been available for custom books and you have never been able to set a non-team book as your default in CFM.

Please repeat after me. NOTHING WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU.
In madden 15 you could use the non team books in cfm and assign them. That game had the classic coaches books like Madden, Lombardi, Bill Walsh. I just popped this game in a few weeks ago before 21 came out.

You could also use the plays from those books in custom books. I think this was the last time you could do this. I don’t really remember madden 16. May’ve been on that one. But i believe 16 is when they took out the Legendary Coach’s playbooks.

Losing those books was a huge hit for classic roster makers. Those Legend’s books had the old school pro set and far/near formations.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-15-2020, 06:26 AM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Yea when creating a coach I wish they would let us pick a generic playbook inside franchise mode instead of having to do it before every single game.

Last edited by NYJin2011tm; 09-15-2020 at 06:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Yeah they have no time to fix these things because they had to make the "yard". So stupid. So has anyone tried using them yet and if they affect showing the correct starting line ups? I dont have the game yet so I was curious

Last edited by niftyjets; 09-15-2020 at 09:20 AM. Reason: add
Old 09-15-2020, 01:08 PM   #7
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
In madden 15 you could use the non team books in cfm and assign them. That game had the classic coaches books like Madden, Lombardi, Bill Walsh. I just popped this game in a few weeks ago before 21 came out.

You could also use the plays from those books in custom books. I think this was the last time you could do this. I don’t really remember madden 16. May’ve been on that one. But i believe 16 is when they took out the Legendary Coach’s playbooks.

Losing those books was a huge hit for classic roster makers. Those Legend’s books had the old school pro set and far/near formations.
Whats frustrating is, why remove them? They weren't broken. And they're not even considerably outdated. Plenty of teams use the fullhouse backfield, which is not that much different than the split, or the far/near
Old 09-15-2020, 01:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

For us cpu vs cpu users let us use custom playbooks on both teams without the work around and also have a true coach mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »