Home

auto generated draft is terrible

This is a discussion on auto generated draft is terrible within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
auto generated draft is terrible

seriously ea has to fix the automated draft classes because every player i draft is normal even in the top 5 or 10 like that's not realistic at all especially when you scout correctly, it's like it's pointless and it kills my rebuild.

thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: auto generated draft is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetjstag83
seriously ea has to fix the automated draft classes because every player i draft is normal even in the top 5 or 10 like that's not realistic at all especially when you scout correctly, it's like it's pointless and it kills my rebuild.

thoughts?
I have no issues with them really. They seem to be balanced well. I've found my share of stars and have drafted some busts that I thought would be great. I think the bigger issue is the CPU draft logic.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2020, 09:01 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

This is one of the issues with dev being tied to abilities... you can’t give players SS/X dev when those players are supposed to be very rare.

Also in some ways you’re better off drafting a normal player to a star. If you pop a breakout scenario you can get up to 20K in XP.. which is like 4-5 overall
Old 12-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
This is one of the issues with dev being tied to abilities... you can’t give players SS/X dev when those players are supposed to be very rare.

Also in some ways you’re better off drafting a normal player to a star. If you pop a breakout scenario you can get up to 20K in XP.. which is like 4-5 overall

especially with all As across and great combine and still get normal dev player like what's the point of scouting then?
Old 12-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Would the lack of above normal have a direct relationship to franchise settings and the number of super star traits already in use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Captures
Would the lack of above normal have a direct relationship to franchise settings and the number of super star traits already in use?
Not positive since I don't have the research myself but I would think not, it seems like a deliberate change from 20 to 21 since last year's game had a lot more drafted players with higher dev traits, just as this year it's obvious they ramped the auto-generated O-Line players down a huge amount (you used to be able to get steals on the O-Line throughout the entire draft at every position, now there's usually one or two OL worth drafting at their originally projected round).

I don't understand why Madden will give upwards of two-thirds of the actual IRL rookie class' first round (plus some after that) Hidden Dev Traits but the auto generated classes are so scarcely populated with them it's ridiculous.

Saying it's just better to draft a normal dev. player and hope he gets a Breakout scenario seems counter productive to me and defeats the idea of being good at the game in the draft (and I say this knowing full well it's easy as hell to game Madden and turn virtually whoever you want into a superstar provided you get them at the right age).
Old 12-20-2020, 11:54 AM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

As someone who doesn't meta game, I love the wider distribution throughout the draft rounds and the scarcity of hidden dev trait players. Getting a hidden dev trait player is rare now and a big deal like it should be. I still draft real well and get good players, but don't get two or three star players every draft like I did the last couple of years.

The front end is always going to be souped up in terms of rookie players having higher dev traits, because of marketing, an appeal to the NFL players and casual gamers. The way the classes are now in Madden is a better methodology IMO, but I could see it being changed back because of people complaining.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:42 PM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

I think the classes are balanced and that they are actually better than they ever have been.

This was discussed in another thread a few weeks ago and here is my take from there and for this as well.

If I draft a safety rated 78 but normal that is not a bad player. I focus train him for a year as a focus player and every other week do DB training plus start him he will increase 3-4 in that first year and maybe more depending on awards, stats etc. He will probably increase by 1-3 more a year after that first year without training and be around 85 at contract renewal time. Pretty solid pick.

I think it is more fun that if I draft that 74 overall player in the top 10 that I have to coach him to make him better even with normal development. I think it adds to the challenge of the rebuild that not every player is a sure thing.

We as a community need to look at overalls and ratings in a new way. A player rated in the 70s is a good starter and will come to work and do his job. We need to accept that not all players will be rated 90 or higher and that we don't need a team full of superstars and xfactors to win championships.

I think we need to look no further than recent quarterbacks. Look at players drafted in the top 10 like Darnold, Trubisky, Winston, Mariota, and RGIII. All were top 10 picks and looking at their careers thus far should any be considered a star player. Sure they have had their moments.

The fun in rebuilding is finding the right mix that when you get that hidden potential player and find out during the season he is a superstar, it is even more satisfying.

Long story not so short, I am digging the new draft classes.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 12-20-2020 at 09:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »