Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

Maybe because he loves the game and is very much a student of it. He might even coach a college team, say if that whole Kiffin thing doesn't work out at UT.

Why would a coach who has already made millions and won championships want to come back?
Old 06-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
If you can't see Peyton Manning being a coach one day than I've got some beachfront property in Arizona to sell you.
Alot of these top players probably COULD be coaches, but most of them dont. It happens, but if its like past Maddens, these players become coaches a few years later.

Is it a huge deal? No, I just brought it up because I dont think it is realistic.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #91
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Don't kid yourself. If it wasn't for us, there wouldn't be a need for a blog. Who else is dissecting the post moments after it is made?

I get what you're saying, but I feel that if they're going to put up a mini-hype for it (holding out the information specifically for a blog post), then it better deliver more than 14 questions, especially considering the amount of legitimate questions that were asked.
I think "mini-hype" is overstating it a tad. They simply asked for questions to help shape it, is all. I think that was the point being made. It's the "they better..." type attitude. They aren't obligated to do any of it. Yes, the dissecting and details are mostly for people like us, but the thought that they are required to cater to EVERY one of our demands is a bit much, IMO. I'm not saying that's what you're asking for, but some people get a bit carried away with their assertion that these guys are put on earth for our whimsy...lol.

Besides, I hate to say it, but maybe the reason there was so little info/answers is because there is so little to say.. I've been saying for a while now that I wasn't getting my hopes up for franchise as the marquee type feature we were all wanting in 2010. He addressed the logic and interface, which appears to be the only thing that got any real attention. And of the 100+ questions that were asked, how many were just variants of the same idea?

What it boiled down to is we wanted to know about logic and features. They addressed logic (largely) and basically stated there are no new significant features. I may be wrong, but I'm looking at it like if it wasn't answered, it probably wasn't addressed for the most part.

Sad, but probably true. Might disappoint some still holding out hope for revolutionary change, but that's just what I think. Hopefully the logic is as sound as we want it to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #92

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Cause its about the love of the game?
That's why they go into broadcasting, not coaching.

Payton Manning isn't spending his retirement years working on game plans until 2 in the morning as a coach.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #93
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

There's a reason stars don't coach and "scrubs" do. It's no different than a musical teacher. A virtuoso is a wonderful performer, terrible teacher. Why? Because they never had to learn, really. It came naturally. A journeyman CB had to study, practice, and learn from years of experience in many different systems. They've seen it all, and they've done it all. Stars have a god-given talent that you just can't teach. Look at Deion Sanders, and the story I once heard of him sitting in a Dallas room telling the coach "you worry about that cover 2 stuff. See that guy? Where he goes, I go."

That said, Peyton Manning is one heck of a student of football.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #94
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I think "mini-hype" is overstating it a tad. They simply asked for questions to help shape it, is all. I think that was the point being made. It's the "they better..." type attitude. They aren't obligated to do any of it. Yes, the dissecting and details are mostly for people like us, but the thought that they are required to cater to EVERY one of our demands is a bit much, IMO. I'm not saying that's what you're asking for, but some people get a bit carried away with their assertion that these guys are put on earth for our whimsy...lol.

Besides, I hate to say it, but maybe the reason there was so little info/answers is because there is so little to say.. I've been saying for a while now that I wasn't getting my hopes up for franchise as the marquee type feature we were all wanting in 2010. He addressed the logic and interface, which appears to be the only thing that got any real attention. And of the 100+ questions that were asked, how many were just variants of the same idea?

What it boiled down to is we wanted to know about logic and features. They addressed logic (largely) and basically stated there are no new significant features. I may be wrong, but I'm looking at it like if it wasn't answered, it probably wasn't addressed for the most part.

Sad, but probably true. Might disappoint some still holding out hope for revolutionary change, but that's just what I think. Hopefully the logic is as sound as we want it to be.
Understandable, but I was not asking about a revolutionary feature. I am simply asking about the IR rules bug. I know I saw that question in the list compiled by the forum members.

It is a bug - bug's should get the highest priority. Also, it is simple yes or no answer.

Another member has indicated there is an answer out there somewhere, if anybody knows, please point it at me. This has been wrong for ages with Madden.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 27

Bart Starr became a Head Coach (Packers)... he was a great player (HOF'er)...

Norm Van Brocklin, Head Coach (Eagles)... great player (HOF'er).

There are probably a lot more stories at the Collegiate level of great College players becoming College Head Coaches though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

This make alot of sense...Good post!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »