Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

There was really not much in here that was new and I didn't already know. Anything that was the real meat and potatoes of franchise mode was not answered.

I'm going to assume that franchise is basically the same with some time spent on finding the bugs in the logic that should have just been corrected anyway.

I'll assume you can't move LBs to DEs.
I'll assume that importing a draft class still means that all the info will be revealed so there is no need to actually scout.
I'll assume that you still can't trade future picks.
I'll assume Free Agency is still just a matter of signing all the guys you want at the beginning of the season before the CPU does.
I'll assume that IR is still broken.
I'll assume the CPU still doesn't trade or make trade offers.
I'll assume that none of the front office type stuff actually matters still.

Disappointing...made up draft classes and some bug fixes don't make the franchise mode seem like a multiple season option for me.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 13

Look, here is the bottom line...

I dont REALLY care about the players-coaches thing. I brought it up because I dont want to see Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Ty Law as coaches in 2020. Not a game killer, but unrealstic and annoying. Randomly generated coaches would be much better IMO.

THat has nothing to do with why I wont buy the game. It just isnt where I think it should be, and if Im going to sink my time and money into a game, it better be up to standards. What I was looking for this year are some fixes in gameplay, presentation and franchise. Presentation, check. Gameplay and franchise, while they are both obviously better, still dont impress me all that much. And yes, you can tell quite a bit from just watching it.

I give EA a TON of credit. Unlike past years when Ive been furious at their lack of effort, I think they did the best they could, but sadly, it just doesnt meet expectations just yet. If it meets other peoples, so be it and I respect that.

I believe the game will be fun and a step in the right direction. But worth $60 and an investment of time...not from what Ive seen, at least not this year.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #99
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
There was really not much in here that was new and I didn't already know. Anything that was the real meat and potatoes of franchise mode was not answered.

I'm going to assume that franchise is basically the same with some time spent on finding the bugs in the logic that should have just been corrected anyway.

I'll assume you can't move LBs to DEs.
I'll assume that importing a draft class still means that all the info will be revealed so there is no need to actually scout.
I'll assume that you still can't trade future picks.
I'll assume Free Agency is still just a matter of signing all the guys you want at the beginning of the season before the CPU does.
I'll assume that IR is still broken.
I'll assume the CPU still doesn't trade or make trade offers.
I'll assume that none of the front office type stuff actually matters still.

Disappointing...made up draft classes and some bug fixes don't make the franchise mode seem like a multiple season option for me.
Aww, there there, bucko! Cheer up!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why is everyone just assuming that great elite players and only great players will be the ones becoming coaches in Madden? Where exactly is this coming from?

And I seem to be one of the few that actually liked this blog. Went into further detail about the logic which is the foundation as was said. As far as I know, the problems that have made Franchise unplayable for more than a few years for some like myself are now fixed. So... I'm happy.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Puppet
Why is everyone just assuming that great elite players and only great players will be the ones becoming coaches in Madden? Where exactly is this coming from?

And I seem to be one of the few that actually liked this blog. Went into further detail about the logic which is the foundation as was said. As far as I know, the problems that have made Franchise unplayable for more than a few years for some like myself are now fixed. So... I'm happy.
Past Maddens, maybe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #102
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Look, here is the bottom line...

I dont REALLY care about the players-coaches thing. I brought it up because I dont want to see Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Ty Law as coaches in 2020. Not a game killer, but unrealstic and annoying. Randomly generated coaches would be much better IMO.

THat has nothing to do with why I wont buy the game. It just isnt where I think it should be, and if Im going to sink my time and money into a game, it better be up to standards. What I was looking for this year are some fixes in gameplay, presentation and franchise. Presentation, check. Gameplay and franchise, while they are both obviously better, still dont impress me all that much. And yes, you can tell quite a bit from just watching it.

I give EA a TON of credit. Unlike past years when Ive been furious at their lack of effort, I think they did the best they could, but sadly, it just doesnt meet expectations just yet. If it meets other peoples, so be it and I respect that.

I believe the game will be fun and a step in the right direction. But worth $60 and an investment of time...not from what Ive seen, at least not this year.
Great.......now can everyone please not try to persuade him to buy the game? Let him go, so we can keep a good discussion about franchise mode instead of arguing with people who aren't purchasing the game anyways.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #103
Pro

OVR: 9

I would have been happier if they were just honest and said "No, this is not in the game" or "This is left unchanged from last year."

Because we are still in the dark about 75% of our concerns.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #104
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
Great.......now can everyone please not try to persuade him to buy the game? Let him go, so we can keep a good discussion about franchise mode instead of arguing with people who aren't purchasing the game anyways.
Yes, and people who arent thrilled with the game have no say whatsoever, right?

Silly little fanboy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »