Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

good blog, got me even more pumped for the game.
I was a tad bit disappointed because I was looking for some more info on the Draft, especially presentation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
Would it have been that difficult to include a screenshot of the new scouting screen and the draft screen?

Very little new info as well =/.
He cleared up a lot of questions that remained from the initial Franchise Blog. Personally, this answered enough of my questions to get me excited about the game again.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

It looks a whole lot better than last years madden franchise mode.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #28

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Confirms what I thought.

Franchise mode will have better logic and should be a better experience overall, but in the end, didnt really get the facelift it needed.

And while I did like alot of the answers, this one irks me...

Can someone please tell me how many former players become coaches? I can understand as positional coaches, but Ive always hated that you seen top players become head coaches in the game, when that never really happens.

Either way, looks like Ill be renting Madden this year. Looks alot better, for sure, but this blog pretty much made up my mind.
Yeah I can do without this feature.

Pretty much everything he said sounded good except that.

Superstars don't become coaches...they have no need to. I hated seeing Deion as a head coach back on Madden 05.

The only guys who should go into coaching in Madden are like bck-up QBs and no-name players. Tom Brady won't be going into coaching when he is done, I can assure you.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #29
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Still don't know if 2 CPU controlled teams can make a trade. Any insight? Thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 39

Mike Singletary's of the world will never coach..thats just absurd.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
If this is a game killer for you, you may have OCD...
Not a game killer, but it doesnt help.

Me not being that impressed with the franchise mode means I have OCD?

This, compounded with the other things I see that Im not thrilled about is why I wont be buying it. Game killer? No, but Im not going to sink $60 into something if its not going to keep me busy for awhile, and while the game may be improved, Im not really impressed enough to sink my money into it this year. They made strides, but they arent there yet.

Could my mind change when I play it? Yes, but I still see quite a few of the same problems that will undoubtedly get old quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #32
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Q: Since two-back systems are in vogue, will running backs split carries a la Carolina, Tennessee, etc.?
A: Yes. This is all determined by the RB sliders in your coach options. We have logic that determines how carries will be split later on in franchise. If you have two 90 overall running backs, they will split carries.

Glad to see this is fixed, this was a huge problem for me last year.

Quote:
Q: How are the draft classes, are they the same classes from Headcoach?
A: The draft classes are my favorite thing about franchise mode this year. They are different from Head Coach (some old HC favorites were carried over) but they were all hand created like they were there. I created lots of different types of players, too. Run Stopping DEs vs. Pass Rushing DEs, big bruising backs vs. scat backs, etc. I think you guys will have a blast trying to find the hidden gems and living with the busts. I can’t you how satisfying it is to turn a team around like I did when playing a few seasons with the Bengals. I couldn’t run the ball at all with Cedric Benson for 17 games in year one. I got into the offseason and found a RB in the 3rd round that immediately ignited my running game in year two. I made the playoffs and that kid won rookie of the year.

Wow.

Now I will value all my picks instead of trading them away for good players who are up there in age.

I can't wait for this game anymore, I need it NOW.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »