Home

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

Dick Jauron (Buffalo Bills) was a defensive back with the Detroit Lions (1973-77) and Cincinnati Bengals (1978-80).
Tony Dungy (Indianapolis Colts) was a safety for the Pttsburgh Steelers (1977-78) and San Francisco 49ers (1979).
Jeff Fisher (Tennessee Titans) was a defensive back and kick returner for the Chicago Bears (1981-85).
Jack Del Rio (Jacksonville Jaguars) played linebacker for the New Orleans Saints (1985-86), Kansas City Chiefs (1987-88), Dallas Cowboys (1989-91), and Minnesota Vikings (1992-95).
Gary Kubiak (Houston Texans) was a quarterback for the Denver Broncos (1983-91).
Herm Edwards (Kansas City Chiefs) was a cornerback for the Philadelphia Eagles (1977-85), Atlanta Falcons (1986) and Los Angeles Rams (1986).
Ken Whisenhunt (Arizona Cardinals) played tight end for the Atlanta Falcons (1985-88), Washington Redskins (1989-90), and New York Jets (1991-93).
Sean Payton (New Orleans Saints) was a quarterback with the Chicago Bears (1987).

I'm not saying...I'm just saying..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #42
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I liked what I read. He touched on a lot of major points without giving away everything franchise mode has. I knew that the mode wasn't going to be amazingly new, they had said that once before. He reiterated it today, and I'm not disappointed in the least.

A very good step in the right direction, this will finally get franchise mode rolling properly.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 16

what about DE'S coming out of college and being able to be a 3-4 outside line backer
Old 06-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #44
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Mike Singletary's of the world will never coach..thats just absurd.
dont forget jack de rio
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

Really? Do you guys have to make THAT big of a deal out of players becoming coaches? Why does this even matter, if you don't like them, don't hire them. God i'm not trying to be "that guy" but stop being babies and crying about every little thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #46
Rookie

CanesFan5's Arena

OVR: 5

Wait where's part 1?
Austin University Roadrunners (NCAA 10 Dynasty)
Old 06-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #47
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

This is going to battle for Sports game of the Year.

I've been buying madden since 1992 and this is by far the most excited I've been for this game.

Online Franchise! Check

Overhauled Offline Franchise! Check

Gaining 15 lbs in August! Check

This is a great foundation to build off of in the coming years for the Madden Team.

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #48
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Josh, thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions. Last year you said you would get franchise mode to a respectable state and it looks like you have achieved that goal.

Many thanks to you and your team for taking the necessary steps to make this mode enjoyable again. Though there are still a handful of missing features that I had really hoped to see in Madden'10, between this blog and the last blog, I'm excited that most of what I expected will be in this years game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Looman

Q: Has there been more focus put on where a player wants to play in free agency?
A: Yes. I spent a lot of time tuning this over the past few months. I wanted to make sure that it would be harder to convince marquee free agents to play for the Lions, for instance.

Q: Will players be able to become coaches after their retirement?
A: Yes. We even tuned this so that there’s a greater chance that retired players come back as coaches sooner this year.

Q: Since two-back systems are in vogue, will running backs split carries a la Carolina, Tennessee, etc.?
A: Yes.

Q: How will the scouting process work for rookies pre-draft and how is it different from the last few iterations of Madden or similar to HC?
A: Scouting is different than it was in ’09. This year you pick the players you want to scout and each week a piece of information is unlocked about them.

Q: Will coaches effect progression? For example it seemed like the Ravens and Steelers could draft LBer after LBer and most of them would become at least solid players.
A: Coaches, especially elite coaches, do impact a player’s ratings in Franchise Mode.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 06-16-2009 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »