Home

Players at wrong positions???....

This is a discussion on Players at wrong positions???.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Players at wrong positions???....

I just realized that there are some players who are not at their right position. Most recently, Sean Jones for the Philadelphia Eagles is a Free Safety in the most recent Madden ratings released by ESPN, when in actuality, he is a Strong Safety. Exact same thing with William Moore (Rookie Strong Safety for the Falcons), he is listed as a FS but really is SS.

These and more position problems will be changed by release, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Players at wrong positions???....

also, half the OLBs in the league. I dont understand why it cant just be SLB and WLB instead of the made up rolb and lolb
Old 06-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think it would be best if they were just OLBs, and then we can put them on the strong-or weakside...
Old 06-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I wish they at least listed MLBs as ILBs... or 3-4 NTs listed as NTs and not just 'DTs'.... they honestly need to overhaul listings for 3-4 defenses. 3-4 DEs should be able to translate pretty decently into 4-3 DTs and 3-4 OLBs should be able to be pretty decent DEs, etc...

It's just annoying that on the 3-4 depth chart you don't have slots for the 2 ILBs and just one generic MLB slot. Same for the 4-3 DT I guess, though. I wish they did the depth chart completely different and allowed to set the chart for WR1 and who backs him up, then WR2 and who backs him up, on down the line. A real depth chart is not just a simple 'list the players from best to worst.' I should be able to have set each individual position and the backups for each position in case of injury.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayer321
I just realized that there are some players who are not at their right position. Most recently, Sean Jones for the Philadelphia Eagles is a Free Safety in the most recent Madden ratings released by ESPN, when in actuality, he is a Strong Safety. Exact same thing with William Moore (Rookie Strong Safety for the Falcons), he is listed as a FS but really is SS.

These and more position problems will be changed by release, right?
Can you post link of espn player ratings?
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillNyeTheScienceGuy
also, half the OLBs in the league. I dont understand why it cant just be SLB and WLB instead of the made up rolb and lolb
Actually SLB and WLB are really only designation guidelines too...

e.g. If a TE goes in motion, then unless the SLB and WLB both swap sides, which they generally don't, then the SLB becomes the WLB and vice versa. Same goes for the safeties...and there's a lot of motion in the NFL.

I've seen teams even drop the "free and strong" bit, and just call them all Safeties recently. I suppose its all down to team designation. Way back in the 80's, when Washington were the sole "one back" offence, their game day programme still listed a half back and a full back both as starters, which never happened..

Old conventions die hard?

And thinking out loud, when did we stop calling Half backs, half backs, and just Running Backs instead...yet we still have the designation Full back, who often get lumped in with the RB in roster listings
Old 06-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
I wish they did the depth chart completely different and allowed to set the chart for WR1 and who backs him up, then WR2 and who backs him up, on down the line. A real depth chart is not just a simple 'list the players from best to worst.' I should be able to have set each individual position and the backups for each position in case of injury.
i totally agree. same thing for CBs. in actual games, Asomughua always plays on the right side but the Madden depth chart puts cb #1 as default to the left side. He will always be put as CB1 and so he always is on the wrong side of the defense.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Yeah madden's dc and ratings have been bad for awhile. Like Dominique Rogers Cromartie being an 87 in the Madden 10 rosters when he was an 87 in Madden 09 and almost everyone except for a few of the top guys took 10 point rating hits except for a few players like him. Dude played half a season. We don't know if he's for real yet but apparently the Madden team does.

And the rookies are all rated too high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »