Home

Gang Tackle Strip?

This is a discussion on Gang Tackle Strip? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Gang Tackle Strip?

I have played the demo numerous times and haven't seen this happen, so I was wondering if it was in the game. With the new pro-tak in, which gives us the numerous gang tackles, did they put it in where the ball carrier can be held up and someone can come in and try and strip the ball from him like you see numerous times in the NFL? I think that is a big part of gang tackling, and you hear a ton of Defensive Coordinators teach their players to do that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Gang Tackle Strip?

I saw numerous fumbles while in the pro tak. Some have been where the ball carrier is wrap up and just lose the ball and others where some one else branches on to the tackles and inadvertently knocks the ball out. But I haven't saw anyone come in and strip the football out of someones hand intentionally ala apf2k8.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 55

[quote=bls;2039951870]I saw numerous fumbles while in the pro tak. Some have been where the ball carrier is wrap up and just lose the ball and others where some one else branches on to the tackles and inadvertently knocks the ball out. But I haven't saw anyone come in and strip the football out of someones hand intentionally ala apf2k8.[/quote]

I've been looking for that too, particularly on a QB sack. If anyone sees a ball strip on a sack especially on the QB blindside, I'd be very thankful to hear of it!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

All I know is that when I am getting pro-tak'ed I press and hold the RB for dear life instead of going for a branching break tackle animation. To points of view here. these are plays Frank Gore makes highlight reel plays and fumbles the ball in real life. I am the kind of guy that likes to not fumble. I'll trade ToP and ball control over big plays myself. Who ever plays mistake free football normally wins, and the 49ers play mistake football. I aim to change that in Madden 10.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #5
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I've seen them but, not enough to make me think they don't happen. IMO it's just enough.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I've seen them but, not enough to make me think they don't happen. IMO it's just enough.
Have you done one or just seen them? I try hitting L2 (I'm on PS3) constantly when I get in there, but nothing happens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »