Home

blocking field goals

This is a discussion on blocking field goals within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
blocking field goals

anyone else find it way too easy to block field goals in this game? i play as the eagles in my franchise and with DRC on the left side with his 98 speed ive blocked as many as 4 field goals/extra points in one game.

what ive been doing is timing him to jump as soon as the second ticks down and if not i still have a half second to back up and try again, although i miss a few and get offsides every once in a while if i time it right (which is becoming easier and easier) i can get it almost every time.

just a rant because i dont like purposely gimping myself to allow the cpu to play normally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Slayer82186's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: blocking field goals

I used to do this but stopped cause I enjoy playing sim football.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
Rookie

SportsCenter23's Arena

OVR: 2

My friend blocks my field goals and PAT every time. I never kick it anymore because I know he will block it, gets really annoying.
NCAA: Washington Huskies
RIP: Seattle Sonics
Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

i dont want to exploit the game (i also prefer a more realistic gaming experience), but what you are doing is taking a super fast player on the outside and bringing him in? I'll give it a shot.

What i've been trying to do is take someone from the outside and line him up near the center and hope for an opening. hasnt worked yet
Old 09-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

it doesn't even have to be anyone really that fast. just take the right angle and watch the meter is what i experienced (maddeningly).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

If your player is moving in any direction when they snap the ball they get a huge jump for some reason.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

If some one does this to you he isnt your friend at all I have blocked 2 field got one pat and a 3 pointer all had been CPU I like playing real not being a douche
Old 09-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
it doesn't even have to be anyone really that fast. just take the right angle and watch the meter is what i experienced (maddeningly).
Your problem against your friend is simple to solve. When you hit A/X to set the accuracy for the kick, HOLD IT for a second or two.

If you don't hold it, you will snap the ball when you click A/X that second time. Your friend is timing it so that he will run past the LOS when you click A/X the second time.

Start holding A/X the second time instead of just pressing it, and you will catch him offsides. Then, vary how long you hold the button every single time, so he can never get a read for when you will snap the ball.

Enjoy the free 5 yards when he goes offsides every time

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »