Home

mkharsh33 MLB 2K11 Sliders: Classic Hitting / Total Control Pitching

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 MLB 2K11 Sliders: Classic Hitting / Total Control Pitching within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
mkharsh33 MLB 2K11 Sliders: Classic Hitting / Total Control Pitching

NOTE: Begin inputting your sliders from ALL-STAR difficulty. (Very important as it helps with more ground ball outs and seems to cut down on the line drive outs). POST-PATCH SLIDER SETTINGS:

FRIDAY / AUGUST 26TH / 7:50 P.M.

Controller Setup:
- Classic Batting
- Total Control Pitching

Controller Options:
- Batter's Eye: Off (or user preference)
- Pitch Aim: Breakpoint Aim

Pitcher Fatigue: 40
Active Bullpen: On
Catcher Suggestion: Off

(Note: I use Broadcast Camera for pitching...default camera for batting (but zoomed in +1)...2K9 camera for fielding. Strike Zone window is OFF and I do not use Inside Edge K-Zone).

USER BATTING:
Batting Contact: 35
Batting Power: 55
Bunt Contact: 5
Bunt Success: 5
Batter Eye Frequency: -- (User preference - I have this off. Suggest reviewing other threads.)

CPU BATTING:
AI Batting Contact: 50
AI Batting Power: 80 (*75 if too hard*)
AI Bunt Contact: 70
AI Bunt Success: 70

USER PITCHING:
Pitch Meter Speed: 85
Pitch Speed: 75
Pitch Break Influence: 50
Pitcher Composure Influence: 10
Pitcher Control: 30

CPU PITCHING:
AI Pitch Speed: 75
AI Pitch Success: 70 (raised from 65)
AI Strike Zone Tendency: 40
AI Pitch Break Influence: 50
AI Pitcher Composure Influence: 5

USER FIELDING:
Throw Accuracy: 5
Gather Error Frequency: 100

Throwing Error Frequency: 100

Outfield Throw Speed: 70
Infield Throw Speed: 40
Outfield Run Speed: 40
Infield Run Speed: 40

CPU FIELDING:
AI Gather Error Frequency: 100
AI Throwing Error Frequency: 55 (*50 if too many throwing errors*)
AI Outfield Throw Speeds: 60
AI Infield Throw Speeds: 40
AI Outfield Run Speed: 40

AI Infield Run Speed: 40

USER RUNNING:
Base Runner Speed: 35
Pickoff Success: 55
Catcher Arm Strength: 50
Catcher Arm Accuracy: 40

CPU RUNNING:
AI Base Runner Speed: 35
AI Hit-n-Run Tendency: 85
AI Sacrifice Bunt Tendency: 50
AI Squeeze Tendency: 35
AI Base Running Aggression: 50
AI Steal Aggression: 50
AI Catcher Arm Strength: 50
AI Catcher Arm Accuracy: 40

Last edited by mkharsh33; 08-26-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: updated - new updates in BOLD / RED
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: mkharsh33 MLB 2K11 Sliders: Classic Hitting / Total Control Pitching

Used your set last year. Testing them as soon as I get home.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Just curious and I've never been able to figure this out about the 2K series. While using classic batting I understand before the pitch is thrown pressing up influences a fly ball and down a ground ball.

What I am wondering is while the pitcher is in his wind-up and the ball is coming to the plate, does aiming the LS have any kind of influence on whether you pull or push the ball. Do you just leave the LS alone after the pitching is thrown? I've never been able to tell if it makes a difference or not.

I have felt like this year so far if I don't use the LS to aim I miss it entirely especially on a pitch low that is just out of the zone. (This could just be a result of the user contact slider though) Typically you would think it would be fouled off or a weak dribbler/squib would be the result.

Sorry to crap in your thread, but you seem to know a fair amount about classic hitting and I figured you might know. I will definitely be trying these sliders this weekend regardless. Thanks!

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182
Just curious and I've never been able to figure this out about the 2K series. While using classic batting I understand before the pitch is thrown pressing up influences a fly ball and down a ground ball.

What I am wondering is while the pitcher is in his wind-up and the ball is coming to the plate, does aiming the LS have any kind of influence on whether you pull or push the ball. Do you just leave the LS alone after the pitching is thrown? I've never been able to tell if it makes a difference or not.

I have felt like this year so far if I don't use the LS to aim I miss it entirely especially on a pitch low that is just out of the zone. (This could just be a result of the user contact slider though) Typically you would think it would be fouled off or a weak dribbler/squib would be the result.

Sorry to crap in your thread, but you seem to know a fair amount about classic hitting and I figured you might know. I will definitely be trying these sliders this weekend regardless. Thanks!
I don't use the left thumb stick. I try to time my hit with the location of the pitch. I've also asked elsewhere about the left thumb stick and classic hitting, but I'm not sure many people use the one-button hitting anymore so I never get any feedback.

I did press it up once in a game I played last night and sure enough I popped it up. Might have just been a misnomer, I don't know...

- - -

Also, I've been reading other threads and want to throw this out... If you guys could play a few games using the sliders in thread 1 as posted and THEN bump both user and cpu infielder and outfielder speeds up to 30 each and make some comparisons. Those are all currently set at 25 right now... That's one of the few things I'd like some feedback on. Appreciate it!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182

From my experience.. the left stick, when you have batter's eye on, works as the player's eye.

If the ball goes right and u folow with the left stick to the right u have more chance to hit the ball or even get a foul ball.

I chase some balls outside the SZ with the left stick and works that way... some balls that goes really down, i chase then pulling the left stick back...

Hope i could help you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I figured I would give these a go since I have used your rosters and sliders in past games. Here is my first box score using the sliders on the opening post.

Indians (Me) 1 0 0 0 4 0 0 2 2 --9-13-2
Brewers(CPU)0 0 0 0 0 2 6 3 x --11-16-0

S D T HR W K SB CS
8 4 0 1 0 9 0 1
8 2 4 2 2 4 0 0

Observations:

The game was going well through five innings. Carmona was cruising with a lead and striking out 6 batters and drawing 2 gidp's. The Brewers helped this cause by swinging at a lot of pitches out of the zone. Then the six inning started and all hell broke loose. Everything the Brewers hit from there on out was a laser to the gap or over the fence. I went 3-0 on three different batters only to have them swing at the first pitch I put over the plate and crush it. I ended up using 5 pitchers through the 7th and 8th due to the brutality of the bats. I just could not do anything to stop their hitting clinic. I did only throw 63% of pitches for strikes so it was not like I was just piping it right down the middle for them to mash. 8 of the cpu's 16 hits came in the 7th and 8th innings.

I did strike out 4 times (twice looking) but I feel that I did not really swing and miss too much through out the game. This lead to a lower pitch count for the cpu. I did not walk a batter due to the aggressive swinging nature of the cpu chasing balls out of the zone when the count was in their favor. The four triples by the cpu were legit and not misplayed by me. This is definitely an issue. Two of the triples barely went over the outfielders reach and may have been caught if I used the 30 spd setting for the outfielders. The increased speed may also have held one of the other two triples to a double as it was a close play at the bag.

Overall, I did enjoy the sliders and the way the game played out until the extra base hit barrage began. I will report back after upping the fielders speed to 30.

Last edited by lenvlade; 03-25-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Thanks, lenvlade! Based upon what your game and some other stuff I'm reading elsewhere here and my own observations I've made 3 changes in post 1:

- Raise both user and cpu outfielder speed to 50

- Raise both user and cpu infielder speed to 30

- lower cpu baserunner speed to 40
Old 03-26-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Another update...

- lower cpu batting contact from 50 to 45. with power at 100, though they aren't jacking them out of the field (and I have not hit one homer nor had one hit against me yet) they are tagging the ball pretty hard. lowering contact might have an effect on this...

- raise user batting power from 70 to 75. sorry, but playing singles and doubles baseball gets old after awhile. at 70 i'm seeing nothing but warning track stuff even from top hitters. bear in mind that if you've been using Bulls23's sliders, I have the pitching sliders slightly more difficult than his.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »