Home

***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

This is a discussion on ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions*** within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #1113
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

i like this game,but the one thing i hate that sometimes hitting from behind the pitcher cam.some of the pitches seem too low and they are called strikes.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #1114
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'm done with this. Injury bug,awful umps,errors,collision detection,mentally challenged base runners,terrible fielding in general,can't throw runners out,can't steal properly,after the patch hit batters all over the place,broken classic hitting,not even going over everything. I'm done with this garbage. 2K should have their exclusive taken away or be offering refunds so they can actually be held responsible for this and Sony needs to find out to make systems that don't break (not that I'd ever buy anything from them again).
I haven't used it enough, but I just assumed it was busted like last year. After a few games using classic hitting though, I have to ask what exactly is wrong with it? If I try to pull an outside pitch my guy gets contorted and hits a weak grounder.

What are seeing that shouldn't be happening? Just curious...

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 04-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #1115
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'm done with this. Injury bug,awful umps,errors,collision detection,mentally challenged base runners,terrible fielding in general,can't throw runners out,can't steal properly,after the patch hit batters all over the place,broken classic hitting,not even going over everything. I'm done with this garbage. 2K should have their exclusive taken away or be offering refunds so they can actually be held responsible for this and Sony needs to find out to make systems that don't break (not that I'd ever buy anything from them again).
This pretty much sums it up. The game has so much potential but they're stuck on the same bad gameplay engine and really haven't done anything to make it better. Granted it has a lot of good points but after playing about 10 games I am now to the point to where the negative aspects are too much.
2k, I never figured you'd get complacent like the Madden series but it's pretty evident that you have and as a result you're killing your customer base.
I am going to be buying a PS3 and MLB The Show now. You've lost a long time customer and I mean since the inception. I'm sure others have and probably will do the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #1116
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Another thing that needs to be fixed: pitchers should not become better when tired. I just went up against Johan, and after he got over 100 pitches, his "fatigue" caused his low 70's curve to drop into the mid 60's. THe thing was like a flying saucer, slowly coming towards the plate as it swung wildly to the side and dropped. The thing is, you can't throw a curveball like that at that speed, it just won't work. It should curve less, not to do the same action, only slower (and thus harder)

Also his fastball was still in the mid to high 90's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »