Home

Foul Balls (and one other issue)

This is a discussion on Foul Balls (and one other issue) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Foul Balls (and one other issue)

I am still disappointed with the amount of foul balls hit by both player and computer... while improved over last year it is nowhere near the amount that is hit in an actual MLB game. Does anyone have a fix to this or know if it will be address in the patch?

Also, what bugs me a lot is the presentation, it seems like it is always in hurry up mode regardless if you have it turned on or off... Mainly when a pitch is thrown back to the pitcher, more than half the time the scene cuts out and you don't see the ball being caught by the pitcher.. and the sequence of the batter is off because of this as well.. Anyone know if this will be addressed in the patch and is it too late to mention this.. if it is even fixable? Yes I have hurry up mode turned off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Foul Balls (and one other issue)

I see lots of foul balls, I get at least one 10 pitch at bat per game, and I have no plate discipline
Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I see lots of foul balls, I get at least one 10 pitch at bat per game, and I have no plate discipline

Hitting foul balls is easy to perfect, even with the worst hitters. I had an eight-pitch foulfest batting with Roy Halladay.

they should tweak the ease of use of the defensive swing, IMO.

On the other side, no, I haven't noticed too many grueling at-bats with the CPU. The more and more I play, the more aggressive the CPU is (but not to the extent of last year's game).

I have one too many four-or five-pitch innings when I'm pitching.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not sure if this is true or not but the cpu seems to adjust to how you pitch throw a lot of strikes and they will hack thow balls an they seem to be more patient. I also noticed this with batting somewhat it seems the more I swing at balls the more they throw and vice versa, the more balls I take the less they throw.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1014
I am still disappointed with the amount of foul balls hit by both player and computer... while improved over last year it is nowhere near the amount that is hit in an actual MLB game. Does anyone have a fix to this or know if it will be address in the patch?

Also, what bugs me a lot is the presentation, it seems like it is always in hurry up mode regardless if you have it turned on or off... Mainly when a pitch is thrown back to the pitcher, more than half the time the scene cuts out and you don't see the ball being caught by the pitcher.. and the sequence of the batter is off because of this as well.. Anyone know if this will be addressed in the patch and is it too late to mention this.. if it is even fixable? Yes I have hurry up mode turned off.

i think the RTP is glitched this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 46

also, probably wont work, but try moving HURRY UP to on. lol maybe its backwards
Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1014
Totally agree, unless you use the defensive swing on purpose, you won't see many, the problem is the lack of a foul ball slider (it is in the show, it was in 2k8).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »