Home

MLB 2K12 Impressions (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Impressions (Kotaku) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB 2K12 Impressions (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Er, why does that first site you posted have 2K11 listed at 75 bucks, down from 90? This game was never 90 bucks new?!
In other regions the game cost more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
In other regions the game cost more
Good lord, and I thought $69.95 for a new game was a ripoff. Haven't bought a new Xbox 360 game in close to three years because I refuse to pay even that much.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:09 AM   #43
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Er, why does that first site you posted have 2K11 listed at 75 bucks, down from 90? This game was never 90 bucks new?!
That's an Australian site, so the prices aren't U.S. prices, and the Australian dollar is not the same as the U.S. dollar, even though they use the same $ symbol....but yeah it's more expensive there, I guess because they have to import it.

Last edited by jeffy777; 01-25-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
Showing promise. if I remember correctly, they would'nt even release any footage of last years game so the fact their releasing videos this early has me feeling optimistic
Old 01-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
Oh, wait maybe that was The Shows video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #46
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
That's an Australian site, so the prices aren't U.S. prices, and the Australian dollar is not the same as the U.S. dollar, even though they use the same $ symbol....but yeah it's more expensive there, I guess because they have to import it.
Nope, the games are printed here. It's just greedy publishers. MW3 RRP is $99.95 here...on PC. The Australian dollar has hovered at parity with the US for a few years now. No sane gamer buys instore over here.

It will be interesting to see if the MLB 2K11 sales were decent enough to justify another release in Australia. There was zero promo done so I doubt it.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
I asked, then, if MLB 2K11 was a developmental stepping stone to a better product this year, why someone should pick up MLB 2K12 when its feature promises sound much like ones made by last year's game's. Little, quite bluntly, said that there still is value in having something that reflects the current game: New stadiums, new uniforms and, yes, updated rosters. Left unsaid, of course, is the fact that MLB 2K12 may be a stepping stone to nothing. This may be as good as it ever gets.
This is it in a nutshell for me. Yeah, they made some improvements here and there, but at its core it's a roster update. I've bought 2k7 - 2k11, but I won't be buying 2k12.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
at its core it's a roster update.
To be fair, it sounds like more than a roster update, even according to that quote you posted. Now, if you enjoy using IE and the stick pitching mechanics in 2K baseball, it sounds like some work has gone into that. Me though, I only ever use classic pitching. And I shut off all the IE stuff anyway: I don't feel it's ever worked or been programmed properly, and I basically see it as a form of cheat programming. So for me, the only way this game will seem like a worthwhile upgrade (from the little we've seen and heard about so far anyway), is if they've also put some time and energy into improving the hitting mechanics in the game.

Last edited by peigone; 01-25-2012 at 11:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »