Home

MLB 2K12 Impressions (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Impressions (Kotaku) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: MLB 2K12 Impressions (Kotaku)

I turn off all the helps... I want to play baseball... It's largely a guessing game... That's what makes it appealing, realizing it's more about dealing with failure than success...
Old 01-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I turn off all the helps... I want to play baseball... It's largely a guessing game... That's what makes it appealing, realizing it's more about dealing with failure than success...
If the IE stuff was dynamic and changed over the course of the season, I could sort of see the point. But it makes no sense to me to play a game where I face the same hitters 100+ times a season each, knowing they all have their same strengths and weakness on opening day as they do when the playoffs roll around. If a CPU hitter can't hit curve balls when he's down two strikes, guess what I'm going to throw him all year long every time the count is 0-2, 1-2, etc.?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
To be fair, it sounds like more than a roster update, even according to that quote you posted. Now, if you enjoy using IE and the stick pitching mechanics in 2K baseball, it sounds like some work has gone into that. Me though, I only ever use classic pitching. And I shut off all the IE stuff anyway: I don't feel it's ever worked or been programmed properly, and I basically see it as a form of cheat programming. So for me, the only way this game will seem like a worthwhile upgrade (from the little we've seen and heard about so far anyway), is if they've also put some time and energy into improving the hitting mechanics in the game.
To be fair, you cut off the first half of the quote.

Quote:
Yeah, they made some improvements here and there, but at its core it's a roster update.
I acknowledged they made some improvements, however, the amount of improvements they've mentioned thus far sound more like a patch than a new release. As the quote says, these were things they supposedly fixed in MLB2k11.

Quote:

I asked, then, if MLB 2K11 was a developmental stepping stone to a better product this year, why someone should pick up MLB 2K12 when its feature promises sound much like ones made by last year's game's. Little, quite bluntly, said that there still is value in having something that reflects the current game: New stadiums, new uniforms and, yes, updated rosters. Left unsaid, of course, is the fact that MLB 2K12 may be a stepping stone to nothing. This may be as good as it ever gets.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #52
Rookie

thorpey8's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for the help bigfnjoe96
Old 01-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpey8
Thanks for the help bigfnjoe96
No Problem. Here's hoping 2k12 makes it to your region
Old 02-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #54
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
No Problem. Here's hoping 2k12 makes it to your region
Just to complete the picture here. I believe last year MLB 2K11 was COMPLETELY region free, because I'm playing a NTSC version (printed on cover) on an italian (european PAL) Xbox 360 since October. On TWO Xbox to be precise, since I bought a new one at the beginning of December.

I'm going to the US at mid march and I'd be very tempted to buy MLB 2K12 NTSC there, but I'm looking for more info on the region free matter before throwing away some $.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »