Home

2013 Milwaukee Brewers

This is a discussion on 2013 Milwaukee Brewers within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Banned

GatorChomp2345's Arena

OVR: 7
2013 Milwaukee Brewers

Already lost Gamel, again, for the whole year. But signed a few relievers to help the pen, Gorzelanny and Gonzalez. Decent pick ups, would have liked for us to have gone after Lohse a little harder, but those additions should definitely help our pen out.

I see us as a .500 club, maybe a little over if we can make a push at sometime later on in the season, as we usually do. What do you guys expect this season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2013 Milwaukee Brewers

Quote:
#Brewers officials surprised that Friday's game has modest pre-sale. That's night Kyle Lohse makes his debut for the club.

That is my favorite thing in ever. Who has ever bought a ticket in their life to see Kyle Lohse pitch besides his parents? Who the hell do they think they signed? This isn't Greinke again, nobody cares. Most people don't even want him here.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #3

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Copypasta'd from the prospects thread.

I know it's nothing major, nor is it a sexy prospect... BUT.

Brewers 2B Scooter Gennett (who I was/am still lukewarm on) is doing what he's always done. Hitting for a nice average at every level. He's solidly average in the field, so he won't hurt us there (plus he would be an upgrade from Rickie Weeks.)

2010 (Midwest League [A]): 482 AB hit .309/.354/.463 with 9 home runs, 31 walk and 91 strikeouts
2011 (Florida State League [A]): 556 AB hit .300/.334/.406 with 9 home runs, 27 walks and 69 strikeouts
2012 (Southern League [AA]): 533 AB hit .293/.330/.385 with 5 home runs, 28 walks and 71 strikeouts
2013 (Pacific Coast League [AAA]): 80 AB hitting .388/.417/.450 with 0 home runs, 3 walks and 11 strikeouts.

He obviously won't ever hit 10+ home runs in the majors, but the kid is 5'10'' 157 (according to MiLB.com) and he's average in the speed department as well (career 36 SB, 19 CS). Despite that, he continues to prove everyone that he can hit at every level he's played at, and would slot nicely into our batting order replacing Weeks. Hopefully by the end of the year he will be there.

I don't want my 2B being bad in the field, while only contributing a sub-.250 average and 25 bombs if you're lucky.

Also, **** John Axford. That is all.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
MVP

BigBoi23's Arena

OVR: 9

Not a good showing at all against the Cardinals, who appear to be the class of the division right now. I would definitely like to see at least a split against the Rangers.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #5

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Resurrecting this a bit, but on the braun thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewers.com
CHICAGO -- Brewers principal owner Mark Attanasio wrote an open letter to Brewers fans on Tuesday expressing thoughts about suspended star Ryan Braun and reaffirming that the club will play an active role in Braun's healing process ahead.

"We recognize that Ryan has many steps ahead of him to regain your trust and respect," Attanasio said. "This process will take time, and the road to redemption for Ryan will not be easy."

Attanasio's letter was emailed to fans a day after the team announced the first of what it is calling its "Fans First" program -- distributing a $10 voucher for food, merchandise or tickets to every fan who passes through the turnstiles in August.

The team expects to spend about $3.6 million on that initiative. Attanasio referred to it as a first step.

"As we have previously stated, no single player defines the Milwaukee Brewers, and the success or failure of our organization is not tied to the performance or behavior of any single player," he wrote. "Within the clubhouse walls reside many talented players who will be the centerpieces of what we hope are the next great Milwaukee Brewers teams. This abiding belief is reflected on the cover of our 2013 Media Guide, where six players are pictured. We have always maintained that any success the team experiences on the field is not possible without our fans, and we ask you to continue to be a part of the success of our organization.

"We deeply appreciate your loyalty, patience, and understanding. On behalf of the entire Brewers organization, you have my pledge that we will overcome these current challenges, and we will reward the best fans in baseball with a team that truly represents our community."

Attanasio said Braun has twice apologized for his mistakes, including during an in-person meeting in Milwaukee last week. Braun has since returned home to Los Angeles.

Attanasio has had some one-on-one discussions with other core Brewers players about the task ahead.

"I did get a chance to talk to him a little bit, and I think the main thing when you own a team or any business, period, is knowing what's in front of you," second baseman Rickie Weeks said. "I think he handled it the best way he could. It's still shocking to most of us, to say the least.

"There's probably more questions that need to be asked and resolved. Everything should come out. Just saying somebody is suspended doesn't answer too many questions."

For the rest of the team, Weeks said, "The biggest thing is staying the course. Not just the Braun situation, but we've had some freak things happen to us throughout the year, whether it's guys not performing to their ability, or just injuries. Guys are still doing a great job of coming in and playing hard. That's what we pride ourselves in."
I think the team (and management/ownership) is handling this thing as best they can and I really have no complaints about what they are trying to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »