Home

2013 Colorado Rockies

This is a discussion on 2013 Colorado Rockies within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 2
2013 Colorado Rockies

Granted it is only one series, but the Rockies offense was firing on all cylinders in Milwaukee in the opening three game series and their pitching performed reasonably well. If they can stay healthy, this team will exceed all expectations of where the pundits said they would finish.

Last edited by My993C2; 04-05-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2013 Colorado Rockies

The lineup is very dangerous. The key, like you said, is staying healthy.

Really though, it all boils down to pitching. So far the starters have looked good. If they can consistently work into the 6th-7th inning then that'll be huge and save the bullpen from burning out.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
MVP

The team is on fire right now. But with all due respect to the Brewers and the Padres, they have yet to play one of the really good teams. However a big test will begin tomorrow when they play the Giants for a 3 game set in SF.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Went to today's game with the wife (it's our anniversary, too. You know I married a good girl when she wants to see a ball game on a day like today) and had a blast. Coors Field is nearly 20 years old but it doesn't feel like it and is just a really cool place to take in a baseball game.

I really like the lineup when EY Jr. leads off and Dexter hits in the two-hole. To me, that is the best lineup as it moves Cuddy to 1B so there is plenty of speed in the OF. Helton throws a wrench into those plans this year but I fully expect Cargo-Fowler-Young Jr. to be the regular OF in 2014.

Chacin located his pitches well today. Like I said, if the starters can work into the 6th-7th inning, this team could surprise people in 2013.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
MVP

That was an ugly 3 days of Rockies baseball with the Giants thoroughly dominating the series in all aspects of the game. The Giants could do no wrong in the series while the Rockies could do no right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Pitching is always going to be key for this team, and unfortunately Coors is not the easiest place to learn your trade on the mound, as mistakes will be punished.

5-4 is a decent start though and I have faith in the batting lineup to do good things for us this season.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
MVP

When Francis is healthy and ready to return to the lineup, I hope Weiss keeps Chatwood in the majors and sends Garland down. Garland has not pitched very well his last 5-6 starts. He has given up way too many hits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »