Home

Is there a way to turn off fatigue in Franchise?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to turn off fatigue in Franchise? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Is there a way to turn off fatigue in Franchise?

Fatigue in Franchise is killing me. literally all my players are tired like a week into the season even though I make substitutions every game. I have looked for an option to turn it off, but cant find one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Is there a way to turn off fatigue in Franchise?

You can play them until the bar is waaay down. Also, you can edit players so their durability is higher but honestly I can't imagine your players are really gassed. A day off a week is more than enough combined with whatever off days your team has.

Guys with high durability should be able to play pretty much every day. If they don't have high durability then you should be giving them some time off anyway. Once again, you can ride them until the bar is down pretty low.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Does a low bar mean they will play worse, more prone to injury, etc?

I notice Cabrera and Victor Martinez are always close to a full bar which is nice. Cabrera is a guy who plays 160 games a year so that's cool.

But Austin Jackson will be 3/4 drained after 4 games. He's 23 and as athelitic as anybody. He can play more than 1 series without being totally gassed. Same with Yunel Escobar and Brennan Boesch. They are young and athletic, but their bars go down to almost 0 after a few games.

It seems like the old players are fine, but it's the guys south of 30 that drain so quickly. Increasing durability will make the bar go down slower though?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I play my players until i get a message saying that he needs a rest. I'll still sometimes still play them depending on the game. Also take some of your starters out if your up or down big
Old 03-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

i wish they had a slider for player fatigue or the option to turn it off. with it off i would still rest players just to keep it real. it just sucks playing the cpu because i always have to face their full lineup while my guys are always gassed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
Does a low bar mean they will play worse, more prone to injury, etc?

I notice Cabrera and Victor Martinez are always close to a full bar which is nice. Cabrera is a guy who plays 160 games a year so that's cool.

But Austin Jackson will be 3/4 drained after 4 games. He's 23 and as athelitic as anybody. He can play more than 1 series without being totally gassed. Same with Yunel Escobar and Brennan Boesch. They are young and athletic, but their bars go down to almost 0 after a few games.

It seems like the old players are fine, but it's the guys south of 30 that drain so quickly. Increasing durability will make the bar go down slower though?
Yup, just raise durability. I disagree with a lot of the default ratings (especially pitch repertoires) so I just edit them. SCEA was smart enough to let us tweak them at any time in franchise so why let the ability go to waste?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Jackson's original Durability was set at 85, Cabrera's was set at 92.

Cabrera's bar has hardly gone down through 45 games and Jackson's will be wiped out after 4-5 games.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
Jackson's original Durability was set at 85, Cabrera's was set at 92.

Cabrera's bar has hardly gone down through 45 games and Jackson's will be wiped out after 4-5 games.
Did Cabrera play any time at DH?

There was a change between 09' and 10', where the DH position would actually gain Energy if playing at that position for a game. In 09' the player still lost some energy.

I will post what I do through out a season and someone can decide if they want to put in the 'Tips / Work around' Sticky..since this issue has been brought up in multiple threads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »