Home

Would you like to see new or/both analog options for gameplay in MLB '11?

This is a discussion on Would you like to see new or/both analog options for gameplay in MLB '11? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you like to see new analog gameplay options for MLB '11?
Yes 214 66.46%
No 108 33.54%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #17
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Would you like to see new or/both analog options for gameplay in MLB '11?

I would like to see analog control for the pitching and throwing in the field. Hitting would be cool too but only if the hit varity will be good (like it is now) and get the great check swing system thats in place now over to analog, than i will be all for it on all aspects hitting pitching and fielding
Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #18
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I would like to see it as options for other people, only if it is done right for pitching and hitting like EA NCAA 07. Not a gimmick like games as of late.
Backbacker started this thread earlier in the year which looks like a good implementation of using the analog sticks: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-lets-do.html

As long as all of its optional, I have no problem. Probably not for me but I'll give it a try.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #19
MVP

chuckm1961's Arena

OVR: 12

No.

Development time is limited, and I think resources are better spent elsewhere.

I would rather see you spend your time getting the current system as solid as possible. For example, fixing things like too many wild pitches on default settings, too many hard hit balls.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

I Vote for Pitching. I think classic pitching does not give enough control to the user while meter gives a little too much making it where we cant see the differences in pitchers ability definitively. A system that blends the two and joins them in the middle would be the best system ever. Thanks for the oppurtunity to provide feedback.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:46 PM   #21
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

No, I would rather see resources dedicated elsewhere. I do not feel this is a pressing concern.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think a reverse manager mode would benifit the game. It is simply where you dont make any decisions and you just play. For instance, pitching changes, pinch hitters and runners, definsive alignment, etc... would be handled by the cpu. I have tons of friends that think the game is great but are intimidated by baseball. They have asked me can you play this way and it is pretty much the only thing stopping them from getting the game.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #23
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsHOF
No, I would rather see resources dedicated elsewhere. I do not feel this is a pressing concern.
This has nothing to do with any other part of the game. Again its just a poll and a ttopic of conversation. Try not to over think this guys that's when things get out of wack.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd like to see improved throwing controls. Holding the throw button post-catch should improve accuracy, not power. Power could be controlled by pre-charging or by adding an extra button (such as holding L2 while pressing a throw button). This would allow for a wider variety of tosses:

1. Quick and Powerful (highest error rate, fastest catch-to-throw release)
2. Quick release (Good for short distances only, e.g. flipping to 2B on a double play)
3. Normal
4. Accurate (low error rate, takes longer to release)
5. Strong and accurate (longest release, low error rate, better than "accurate" for long throws).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »