Home

MLB 11 The Show: Just a Few Features Mentioned

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show: Just a Few Features Mentioned within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 11 The Show: Just a Few Features Mentioned

Really just worried about the leagues. So many issues last year, many were forced to use leaguedaddy making mlb the show cost even more!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:17 PM   #50
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyused
Really just worried about the leagues. So many issues last year, many were forced to use leaguedaddy making mlb the show cost even more!
Yeah there were some issues that hopefully got worked out.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone know if we will be able to change the game time during season and playoffs ? I am not fond of night games, I love the day games better and lighting. In season mode most games are night time, like the real mlb season, however this is only because of people working in the daytime, and attendence will be down if they played the games during daytime. But to me , there is just something about a day game of baseball. I find the night games look rather drab/ bland. Hope we have that option this year to change the time of games in season mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #52
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixmillion
Anyone know if we will be able to change the game time during season and playoffs ? I am not fond of night games, I love the day games better and lighting. In season mode most games are night time, like the real mlb season, however this is only because of people working in the daytime, and attendence will be down if they played the games during daytime. But to me , there is just something about a day game of baseball. I find the night games look rather drab/ bland. Hope we have that option this year to change the time of games in season mode.
this.

I hope one of the CD guys could bring this up when they head out to SD
Old 12-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #53
Banned

khronikos's Arena

OVR: 4

The franchise is the most important thing beyond animations and stadium detail to me. It was pretty sad last year after going through most of the season to be saddled with one tiny little celebration. The announcers show nothing of concern really. It was all ho hum imo. I need to see this in motion because that was another thing. The animations while being good, were severely lacking after more than a couple dozen games.

I cannot even count how many times I saw the shortstop and the catcher make the same exact play the same exact way. It got a bit tedious after a while. On the whole I still love ten and the rosters that everybody was able to create. I just want something that is going to be that next step up and I think I will see that with 12 but I am still quite excited about this game just not for 60 bucks.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #54
Pro

Ya as was mentioned before I hope the announcers display more emotion for important moments throughout the game and especially in big pressure post season situations. Like setting the stage for what is about to happen.

Also as for night games I didn't really find a problem with it except that it got dark WAY to fast. In early april ya games get dark fast but in the middle of summer it is at least 4 innings by the time it gets close to dark. Night games start in light obviously before transitioning to dusk and then into night. If they figured out a way to make this happen that would be tremendous and create that awesome summer baseball atmosphere.

Also it would be cool if they could speed up the clocks in the stadium. Even in a high scoring slugfest in mlb 10 the games would still end at like 9:45 or earlier.The only time I had a game go past 10 was in a coach mode game. In the post game the stadium PA guy says the game took 3 hours and 40 minutes. So the clock in the stadium should reflect that and the in game clock should say like 10:45 instead of 9:45. I know it's a very minor detail and I am sure most people didn't even pay attention to this.

I also think it could help with how the lighting is transitioned if the clocks were synced up as well.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #55
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Here's what I'd like to see...

1)Add an Online franchise Mode

2) When you're in an online league/franchise at the league menu, I hope you can hear other people in the league, if they happen to have their mic on and are in the league menu at the same time you are...

3) In the game lobbies, add mic icons beside their PSN name for the people that have their mic on...

3) Activate the mic as soon as you accept the game invite when you come to the team selection screen...

4) Do away with the on/off mic button on the controller and just always have the mic on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #56
Pro

People should be able to turn there mic on and off whenever they want. It should not be on all the time that is just not a good idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »