Home

MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Overall Team Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
Really? I think 10th in baseball is about right. Their pitching could maybe put them up a spot or two, but I think you'd be hard pressed trying to argue them much higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBraves22
I agree, if you think about it, Braves are 5th in the National League, 10th overall.

I'd argue that we're better than the Cards and Rockies. And honestly, I feel like we're better than the Giants.

Yes, yes, I know -- they won the World Series, but can you honestly say they were the best team in the playoffs? They were the hottest/luckiest team, I'd say. We (the Braves) played them tougher than any other team did in the postseason. Had Conrad not made so many critical errors, I honestly think we could have won that series. Whether we'd have beaten the Phillies after that, I don't know.

So anyway, the Braves are, I believe, better than the Rockies and Cardinals, and possibly the Giants.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 The Show - Overall Team Rankings

When it comes to the Braves, Freddie Freeman will surely be under-valued. Venters and Craig Kimbrel are probably undervalued as well. I also sense people undervaluing Heyward. He slowed down quite a bit at the end of last season, but still put up a 5.0 WAR and 131 OPS+. And yes, that's better than Buster Posey. In the ratings scale, I think he's a legit "A" player right now.

Still, Chipper Jones is on the decline. Prado is overrated. Uggla is a ghastly defensive second baseman. And Lowe is brutal. So, there are some holes there.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm probably going to take the attributes from last year's game anyway and put them in it for my Phillies. That's what I love about this game is the fact that I can edit the rosters as I see fit.

I don't want to get into what I think the team ranking should be because it's just going to end up becoming a "my team is better than yours" thread.

I commented on it in the other thread and I honestly wish I hadn't because these are all opinions anyway...

That said, the Phillies are better than the Giants top to bottom
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 5

My opinion.

Team Overall Rankings
1st Red Sox
2nd Phillies
3rd Yankees
4th Rangers
5th Braves
6th Giants
7th Twins
8th White Sox
9th Cardinals
10th Angels
11th Tigers
12th Rays
13th Brewers
14th Reds
15th Dodgers
16th Rockies
17th A’s
18th Jays
19th Orioles
20th Marlins
21th Cubs
22th Padres
23rd Mets
24th Nationals
25th Astros
26th Pirates
27th Diamondbacks
28th Mariners
29th Indians
30th Royals
Old 03-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinks
When it comes to the Braves, Freddie Freeman will surely be under-valued. Venters and Craig Kimbrel are probably undervalued as well. I also sense people undervaluing Heyward. He slowed down quite a bit at the end of last season, but still put up a 5.0 WAR and 131 OPS+. And yes, that's better than Buster Posey. In the ratings scale, I think he's a legit "A" player right now.
I agree with you until you got here.

Quote:
Still, Chipper Jones is on the decline. Prado is overrated. Uggla is a ghastly defensive second baseman. And Lowe is brutal. So, there are some holes there.
Prado is not overrated. I think he's got potential to be a true number three hitter very soon.

Uggla isn't nearly as bad with a glove as he gets a wrap for. He's certainly at least average. He gets knocked on because he looked so bad in that one All-Star game, but if you look at his numbers, he played much better defense away from Sun Life Stadium (or whatever heck it's being called this year).

TalkingChop.com had the splits on this. They were taking it all with a grain of salt, but said a few possible reasons he committed so many errors might have to do with having fairly poor defensive 1st basemen, as well as a pretty shoddy infield at Sun Life. He committed far fewer errors on the road than he did at home, so we'll have to see. If he plays defense half as good as he hits at Turner Field, then we'll be just fine. His numbers at the Ted are ridiculous.

And Lowe was looking pretty inconsistent until September, when he started pitching more like the real Derek Lowe. I think he'll be good this year. And even if he's not, he always manages to attract ridiculous amounts of run support.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lester over Oswalt, Pedroia over Utley, Adrian over Howard and Buchholz over Hamels. Red Sox deserve that top spot.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCannFann
I agree with you until you got here.

Prado is not overrated. I think he's got potential to be a true number three hitter very soon.

Uggla isn't nearly as bad with a glove as he gets a wrap for. He's certainly at least average. He gets knocked on because he looked so bad in that one All-Star game, but if you look at his numbers, he played much better defense away from Sun Life Stadium (or whatever heck it's being called this year).

TalkingChop.com had the splits on this. They were taking it all with a grain of salt, but said a few possible reasons he committed so many errors might have to do with having fairly poor defensive 1st basemen, as well as a pretty shoddy infield at Sun Life. He committed far fewer errors on the road than he did at home, so we'll have to see. If he plays defense half as good as he hits at Turner Field, then we'll be just fine. His numbers at the Ted are ridiculous.

And Lowe was looking pretty inconsistent until September, when he started pitching more like the real Derek Lowe. I think he'll be good this year. And even if he's not, he always manages to attract ridiculous amounts of run support.
I won't argue with you except to say Uggla's UZR stands on its own. Prado is emerging as a sound hitter-- a future number 3 hitter on a real good team he is not. Lowe had two sub 100 ERA+ seasons in a row-- 100 is average. Curious if you have defenses lined up for McLouth and Alex Gonzalez?

Look, the Braves will be good. Solid line-up. Two really good starters in Hudson and Hanson. Maybe Jair Jurrjens if he's healthy will give them a great top 3. My moneys on Mike Minor being a more valuable piece than Lowe as this season goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #96
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Alright Giants Rank 3rd Overall. Go World Champ San Francisco Giants!!!

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »