Home

Strike Zone On/Off. How are Hot Zones Effected?

This is a discussion on Strike Zone On/Off. How are Hot Zones Effected? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #9
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Strike Zone On/Off. How are Hot Zones Effected?

If you have the strike zone on hot/cold zones play but if you have the strike zone off hot/cold zones are locked and do not play. Now if you have the strike zone on and hot/cold zones off they still play they are just not on your screen visually. I'm almost certain this is the way it works.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
If you have the strike zone on hot/cold zones play but if you have the strike zone off hot/cold zones are locked and do not play. Now if you have the strike zone on and hot/cold zones off they still play they are just not on your screen visually. I'm almost certain this is the way it works.
So you are saying that since I play with no visuals on the hot zones don't apply to me?

I hope not, are you sure?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

This game gives us so many options that it's easy for a little confusion to pop up every now and again.

Hopefully someone from SCEA can chime in here and clear things up. If only we had a SCEA Bat Signal for times like this..

Last edited by Jgainsey; 03-30-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #12
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
This game gives us so many options that it's easy for a little confusion to pop up every now and again.

Hopefully someone from SCEA can chime in here and clear things up. If only we had a SCEA Bat Signal for times like this..

Sometimes that is not as easy as it sounds! I raised a question when i was there on who's hot and cold zone was in the select screen, the pitcher's or the batter's. I went through quite a few people to get the answer that it was the batter, lol. Some of these things have been in the game so long they forget what they do.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians

So, do you feel like the Strike Zone is irrelevant to the Hot Zones, and ONLY toggling Hot Zones make it dynamic and/or static?
I do not believe turning off the strike zone neutralizes hot and cold zones. To me I thought if they were on they were dynamic and off it was the static one you saw in the select screen.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I like to go by what it clearly states in the options when you highlight the strike zone option. It uses the words LOCKED and IGNORED about the hot/cold zones when it talks about turning off the strike zone. So does that mean locked in to what they are and the dynamic feature is ignored? Or are they just turned off? To me it's the latter. I believe that because it doesn't even let you turn on hot zones when the strike zone is off.

So I roll with the strike zone on, it disappears early enough for me. But people (including me) will believe what they want until someone from SCEA clears it up.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 03-30-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #15
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Hmmm...

I'm not sure what to think.

Ramone and Woodweaver will probably be active on here over the next few days. I'll try to keep this bumped in hopes that one of them will see it and come in.

Do you guys think Knight might know? I know he's a little busy at the moment, but if anyone has point blank posed this question to SCEA, Knight undoubtedly has! LOL!

Thanks again guys for the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #16
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

I would really like to have an option where the hot and cold zone would flash up once during the beginning of each at bat. Just to get a quick glimpse and have to do it from memory after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »