Home

MLB 12 The Show: Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show: Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #801
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB 12 The Show: Road to the Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I'm
Confused. I see the little scene where it shows third base coach and it says coach will show signs 3 times etc..

I always look at 3B coach while on base, but I never see any signs.

What am I missing here?
Here you go, when this cut scene plays it will be after you have reached base sometimes. The photo was taking during the cut scene in which if you pay attention to the coach he is giving a ton of signs some real some fake. So if you see him do one of the indicated three times thats the sign. (3 swipes of leg, 3 taps to top of head, and the belt. He usually does the 3 touches consecutively. Once you catch the signs then advance thru the cutscene by pressing X
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_00037.jpg (59.4 KB, 114 views)

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #802

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

lol, my guy goes from AAA pitcher to MLB ace in a single offseason lol.

Royals offered me a contract of over 10M, I signed for about 8M(cause they had a good amount of free agents so I wanted to give them some money to sign guys).

First spring training game....vs Rangers with their starting pitcher....Roy Halladay!?!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #803
Rookie

OVR: 0

Currently in my third season in Road to the Show with a shortstop whose secondary positions are all across the infield. He started out with the Kansas City Royals organization and I was excited since that meant that he would be a part of the young hitting core of Gordon, Butler, Moustakas, and Hosmer. Started hot in AA Northwest Arkansas, but got injured in early May for a month and then came back for a few games before being called up to AAA Omaha. Struggled mightily in AAA before getting sent back down to AA to finish the season. Started the second season in AAA and was struggling. He was traded in the middle of the second year with the Royals to the Toronto Blue Jays for Kelly Johnson straight up. D.J. continued to struggle in AAA but got called up to the Majors because of injuries to middle infielders. D.J. started hot in the majors against teams like the Red Sox and Angels, but would eventually start a long slide. He would however get the opportunity to win a spot on the Major League roster in the next Spring Training and hit just below .300 in Spring Training. D.J. is currently in his third year and is starting at shortstop for the Toronto Blue Jays. He started very slow the first three months, struggling to hit .200, but has come around the next few months and has steadily raised the average to .259 in early September.

Here are his career statlines to this point.

D.J. Reynolds S/R - Toronto Blue Jays SS (thru September 16, 2014)

2012 AA Northwest Arkansas .265(63-238) 18 R 3 HR 20 RBI 9 2B 2 3B 10 SB 8 BB 23 SO in 59 games

2012 AAA Omaha .171(14-82) 5 R 0 HR 4 RBI 1 2B 0 3B 6 SB 1 BB 17 SO in 21 games

2013 AAA Omaha/Las Vegas .181(58-320) 24 R 5 HR 29 RBI 6 2B 1 3B 25 SB 28 BB 32 SO in 83 games

2013 MLB Toronto .189(33-175) 11 R 2 HR 12 RBI 4 2B 0 3B 10 SB 7 BB 25 SO in 49 games

2014 MLB Toronto .259(109-421) 69 R 16 HR 48 RBI 20 2B 4 3B 46 SB 38 BB 54 SO in 117 games
Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #804

Majingir's Arena

^SS on the Jays, don't they have Escobar or Hechavarria? Really strange to see how some people make some teams under certain positions when you know that team has lots of depth at that position.

Just like on my RTTS. Royals traded for another SP, despite the fact that they had their best pitcher stuck in AAA and a few others in AAA with B or A potentials.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #805
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

My 1B is having a heck of a time getting a sniff of the Majors in his 2nd year.

His contact and power are both in the 90's. He's hitting over .400 with 25 HR and 73 RBI @ the All-Star break.

He is currently rated the 2nd best player in the ENTIRE Yankees organization. But New York refuses to add him to the 40-Man roster. I would understand if I was rated lower than Teix, but that's not even the case anymore.

Anyone else having these issues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #806
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
^SS on the Jays, don't they have Escobar or Hechavarria? Really strange to see how some people make some teams under certain positions when you know that team has lots of depth at that position.

Just like on my RTTS. Royals traded for another SP, despite the fact that they had their best pitcher stuck in AAA and a few others in AAA with B or A potentials.
My player was behind Yunel when he first got called up to the Majors, but the next year, I didn't notice him on the roster, so he was gone..Have no clue what happened to Hechavarria..he may be the guy getting spot starts here and there..not sure. I started playing RTTS with the default rosters so I couldn't definitively tell you..
Old 05-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #807

Majingir's Arena

One of my goals is crazy. Allow 13 or less hits in the next 4 series. Meaning in about 3 starts, I have to let up only like 4 hits per game.

I hate the pitch location training. It seems like it's rigged or something. I can't hit any target(even though my control is all over 90) yet in games, I hit all the targets perfectly.

How do you increase pitcher speed to run to the bag? My speed is currently at 20(which seems to be higher than most pitchers? So I really doubt I have to make it higher) yet I can never get to 1st base early enough to get an out. I've allowed 3 infield hits in a single game cause my guy couldn't reach the bag fast enough(or the CPU just waited for me to get to the bag before throwing it to me)

Last edited by Majingir; 05-08-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #808
Rookie

CF with a secondary position in RF
Drafted by the Rangers which was were I wanted to be. Got traded a few weeks into AA ball to Akron and absolutely killed it. .400, 19HR 98 RBIs and ended Champs. No Call up.
2nd year moved up to AAA and put up solid numbers again. .341 21HR 96RBIs led in Avg and Slg. and won the AAA Championship. No call up.
3rd year got signed to the bigs as a starter at CF for the Indians. Hit .340 22HRs and 98 RBIs with 17 SB. Got beat out by Joe Mauer who hit .351 for the silver slugger and close to a gold glove at .997. Came from 16 games back to missing the playoffs by one game behind Detroit but took Rookie Of The Year.
4th year. started off slow in spring training only batting .260 1HR 10 RBIs but seem to have found my swing 3 weeks into the season now hitting .359 6HR and 12RBIs. Hopefully we make the post season and I get that batting title or gold glove.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »