Home

just got the game (LATE)

This is a discussion on just got the game (LATE) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
just got the game (LATE)

So I just bought this game w/c is kinda late since I just got my ps3 replaced.

First of all thank you to those who worked with the franchise workaround last year w/c helped improved the mlb experience.

since I am a franchise geek, now for my questions:

Do I still need to go 30 team control?
Does the cpu now offer contract renewable guys? Or do I still have to do them team by team
Do I have to put the free agency to manual until the last day and set it to auto to make FA more realistic like last year?
Do we now have a trade override or do I still have to view pending transactions?
Training off or on? Do they still improve on a monster rate?

Are there any still necessary workaround for this year aside from those above? THANKS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: just got the game (LATE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by housemikin
So I just bought this game w/c is kinda late since I just got my ps3 replaced.

First of all thank you to those who worked with the franchise workaround last year w/c helped improved the mlb experience.

since I am a franchise geek, now for my questions:

Do I still need to go 30 team control?
Does the cpu now offer contract renewable guys? Or do I still have to do them team by team
Do I have to put the free agency to manual until the last day and set it to auto to make FA more realistic like last year?
Do we now have a trade override or do I still have to view pending transactions?
Training off or on? Do they still improve on a monster rate?

Are there any still necessary workaround for this year aside from those above? THANKS!
While I wasn't around the forums last year for these work arounds I'll try and answer your questions.

1. 30 team control - I think so yea. Unless you feel like watching the CPU trade away all their prospects for junk.
2. I believe they handle their renewable contracts yea
3. Not sure why the FA to manual thing was happening. I don't, but free agency is usually a dud with the exception of some old guys. In 1 of 5 off seasons I have dealt with awesome free agents. Usually it is filled with old has beens and young never gone be anythings. With a few middle of the road guys.
4. Pending transactions for trades
5. I do manual training.. I feel as though it has better affects plus the CPU's judgement on categories is sometimes off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »