Home

The Official Draft Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Draft Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #9
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
The guy I posted about earlier won ROY in 2019 with 16 HR and a .250 BA. Hit .275 in 2020 with 28 bombs. Kid's only 22.

Other interesting tidbits: I'm thinking that Mike Stanton might just break the all time HR record. And after Craig Kimbrel's 62 save 2020, I have no doubt that he'll end up the all time saves leader.

Does anyone really care where I sent this from?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
Rookie

iamthepro's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Official Draft Discussion Thread

Put in MLB 09 today cause I had a good chise going and I have a player who is 30 and hit 350 hrs already and .297 clip. 3x MVP, 7x All star in 9 seasons
Old 06-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just got done with the draft and I drafted a 20 year old 2nd basemen with a C overall, C contact and C powers with max durability. I simmed to the rest of the season just to see how high of an A potential he was and he was higher than Mauer and Sano. ( I play every game just wanted to see just how much of a freak he is. ) How do you guys think I should go about developing him, this is one guy I don't want to mess up..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Rookie

iamthepro's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
I just got done with the draft and I drafted a 20 year old 2nd basemen with a C overall, C contact and C powers with max durability. I simmed to the rest of the season just to see how high of an A potential he was and he was higher than Mauer and Sano. ( I play every game just wanted to see just how much of a freak he is. ) How do you guys think I should go about developing him, this is one guy I don't want to mess up..
You should talk to Royals19 about that one, he's somewhat of a player development genius. He has a good thread somewhere round here, but I camt post the link since im on my phone. But I'd take it slow and look to get him up around 23 or 24.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthepro
You should talk to Royals19 about that one, he's somewhat of a player development genius. He has a good thread somewhere round here, but I camt post the link since im on my phone. But I'd take it slow and look to get him up around 23 or 24.
I'd put him in AA, but only move him up when he gets an overachiever letter.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
Safer Plan
Year 1
Send to A ball for roughly half of the Minor League season then ship him out to AA if you feel comfortable. It sounds like he would handle it fine. Leave him there for the rest of the season

Year 2
Depending on how well he has developed you may want to think him going to AAA sometime that year. However I recommend you start him in AA allow him to collect around 250-300 at bats and hopefully send him to AAA by the end of the year.

Year 3
If he played well in his stint with AAA keep him there for at least 1 half year then consider him for a callup or wait until the rosters are expanded in September.

Year 4
Place into Major League Spring Training and see how he fares against the competition, if he does well, then start him at the Major League level, If not, send him to AAA to collect 150 at bats and he should be ready to go.

Advanced Plan
One thought, if you play all the games and want to see how advanced he is, then you can send him to Spring Training in his first pro season and then follow this.

Year 1
If spring training was a success, then start him in AA and moniter how well he does, if he is still struggling by the 3rd month of the season, send him down to A ball Immediately, and follow the original plan.

Year 2
If he flashed his potential great at AA, then start him in AAA after Spring Training and then see if he struggles. If so, send him to AA to spend the year there. If he is still doing well towards September, call him up!

Year 3
Break camp with the Major League squad as your starting 2nd baseman. But if he struggles and you decide to send him back down to AAA, you just burned his final option and can't be sent down again without passing through waivers.

The goal with all Minor League position players is to give them as many ABs as possible to increase their development. A guy with 200-300 ABs is going to develop differently from a guy that collects 300-500 ABs.

If his glove isn't good then you can make him a DH, same plan(s) above but place him in the DH slot.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #15
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals19
Safer Plan
Year 1
Send to A ball for roughly half of the Minor League season then ship him out to AA if you feel comfortable. It sounds like he would handle it fine. Leave him there for the rest of the season

Year 2
Depending on how well he has developed you may want to think him going to AAA sometime that year. However I recommend you start him in AA allow him to collect around 250-300 at bats and hopefully send him to AAA by the end of the year.

Year 3
If he played well in his stint with AAA keep him there for at least 1 half year then consider him for a callup or wait until the rosters are expanded in September.

Year 4
Place into Major League Spring Training and see how he fares against the competition, if he does well, then start him at the Major League level, If not, send him to AAA to collect 150 at bats and he should be ready to go.

Advanced Plan
One thought, if you play all the games and want to see how advanced he is, then you can send him to Spring Training in his first pro season and then follow this.

Year 1
If spring training was a success, then start him in AA and moniter how well he does, if he is still struggling by the 3rd month of the season, send him down to A ball Immediately, and follow the original plan.

Year 2
If he flashed his potential great at AA, then start him in AAA after Spring Training and then see if he struggles. If so, send him to AA to spend the year there. If he is still doing well towards September, call him up!

Year 3
Break camp with the Major League squad as your starting 2nd baseman. But if he struggles and you decide to send him back down to AAA, you just burned his final option and can't be sent down again without passing through waivers.

The goal with all Minor League position players is to give them as many ABs as possible to increase their development. A guy with 200-300 ABs is going to develop differently from a guy that collects 300-500 ABs.

If his glove isn't good then you can make him a DH, same plan(s) above but place him in the DH slot.
Thanks for putting us all to shame with that, Royals. :P

Just curious: how do you come up with these awesome plans? Cause I just drafted a D (A) 18 y/o who's now 19. I'd like to make a plan for him. Wish you could automatically cap innings.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
Thanks for putting us all to shame with that, Royals. :P

Just curious: How do you come up with these awesome plans? Cause I just drafted a D (A) 18 y/o starting pitcher. He'll be 19 when he starts playing. I'm think AA call up for June. I'd like to make a plan for him. Wish you could automatically cap innings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »