Home

Late inning goofiness

This is a discussion on Late inning goofiness within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #25
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Late inning goofiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
Explain why the home team ALWAYS comes back even if you sim after looking unbeatbale after 6 innings, it happens ALL THE TIME. same with error all of a sudden if I am at home I know i will come back because the CPU all of a sudden forgets how to play and throws it 10 feet above the first place head into row 56. it never happens in the 1st innings
It doesn't ALWAYS happen. If it happened ALL THE TIME, there would be actual hard proof of it happening. I've seen the CPU get back to back errors in games where I've been winning. I've stomped the CPU a few times in terrible one sided affairs. I've also seen the CPU come back a number of times too when I make bad decisions as a manager.

That last part is key. You can't assume that you are going to cruse through every single game. If you leave your pitchers in too long, or if you throw the same stuff over and over, or if you make bad decisions on defense, or if you swing at everything toward the end of the game, YOU WILL BE FOUND OUT.

Sometimes, you just have to admit when it a) isn't your day, or b) when you've made a mistake managing your team. The CPU doesn't have it out for you; SCEA has no reason to put that in the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #26
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

This is not an EA sports game!

how do you think the texas rangers felt in 2011, or how do you think the REDS felt after dominating the giants for 2 games and having a lead in game 3 at home only to lose 3 straight. SCOTT ROLEN bobbled the throw in extra innings to allow the giants to score on an infield single. Giants had like 3 hits that game! It happens bro.

make sure you have good defensive substitutions for the last two innings maybe three depending on where you are in your batting order.

for example, i am the mariners and i always put ichiro in late innings on defense. I just can't trust these D and C fielders because they do make mistakes. if you have a pitcher who for some reason is not throwing strikes then you need to bring in someone new despite how fresh or highly rated the guy is, some pitchers are better out of the stretch while some are a train wreck waiting to happen.

pure analog THROWING. it's all on you bro.

Last edited by HouseKeepinItReal; 12-06-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #27
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
No...to every theory in this thread.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #28
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
I like it...simple and to the point.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #29
Rookie

dutch4404's Arena

OVR: 1

Just curious how anyone can tell someone else they are not experiencing a comeback regularly. I get them all the time. And the response from the naysayers is 'no you don't. Haha ok thanks for telling me what I experience in my game that I've played 6 full seasons of. Like the game, I don't think it is programmed to happen that way, but fact of the matter is ridiculous comebacks happen on a regular basis in my rtts with me being the SS. So I have no effect on my teams pitching
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #30
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
doesnt matter people still wont believe you
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #31
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch4404
Just curious how anyone can tell someone else they are not experiencing a comeback regularly. I get them all the time. And the response from the naysayers is 'no you don't. Haha ok thanks for telling me what I experience in my game that I've played 6 full seasons of. Like the game, I don't think it is programmed to happen that way, but fact of the matter is ridiculous comebacks happen on a regular basis in my rtts with me being the SS. So I have no effect on my teams pitching
The onus is on the people complaining about it. If it were real, we would see hard evidence of it happening. I've probably played as many games as you and I fail to see any "late inning goofiness" that happens constantly. Sure I've had a few games where the other team comes back late to win the game: that's Baseball. I've also stomped the crap out of the other team and have had a fairly easy no-hitter this year.

If you have hard evidence of it happening, then by all means post it. Until somebody, ANYBODY can come up with it, it's all hearsay.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0

Shows a good game...but u could argue the hard evidence is in the many of threads u see on this board.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »