Home

Late inning goofiness

This is a discussion on Late inning goofiness within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #33
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Late inning goofiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by payton425
Shows a good game...but u could argue the hard evidence is in the many of threads u see on this board.
I didn't think I would have to explain what "hard evidence" is, but it appears that I'll have to do just that. Here's an example of hard evidence:

Another example:

Well I'll be damned, the home team came back. Too bad I was the home team. That's the way Baseball go...

Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #34
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

So what was the total # of solo homers?
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
doesnt matter people still wont believe you
They must think it's a conspiracy.. which isn't tangible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #36
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
So what was the total # of solo homers?
It was a whole hell of a lot I'll tell you that. Cespedes in my franchise is a beast; I hate facing him.

Last edited by Perfect Zero; 12-08-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: beat is slang for beast around my parts :D
Old 12-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #37
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
It was a whole hell of a lot I'll tell you that. Cespedes in my franchise is a beat; I hate facing him.
Same here, Coco Crisp is another guy on their team that I have trouble keeping off base and if he gets on, it's pretty much a given that he's running!
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 12-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
Explain why the home team ALWAYS comes back even if you sim after looking unbeatbale after 6 innings, it happens ALL THE TIME. same with error all of a sudden if I am at home I know i will come back because the CPU all of a sudden forgets how to play and throws it 10 feet above the first place head into row 56. it never happens in the 1st innings
I just played 2 games in my franchise as the Indians against the Red Sox and got blown out in both.
In the first I never led, was down 6-0 after 6 and ended up losing 8-2. My onlu runs came on 2 solo homers in the 8th.
In the second game I trailed 7-0 after 2 (Tomlin got shelled) and ended up losing 9-3. My only runs came on a 2 run blast in the 8th (Red Sox left Matsuzaka in obscenely long) and a double and a 2-out single in the 9th.
While I did eventually score in these games (mostly due to pitcher fatigue and the fact the Red Sox didn't have to use the good part of their bullpen), I'd hardly say some comeback code was the cause of my runs.

Oh, and I WAS the hometeam.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #39
Rookie

dutch4404's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, I don't think it's a conspiracy, nor do I think it's a coded script. But u can assume my thoughts if you want. It's just the way the game plays out for me. Sorry not every one knows how to post screen shots or film and post all their games. Just sharing my experience. I've played baseball for over 20 years and I currently still play. So your 'that's baseball' comment that assumes I don't know baseball is also a little off color. The fact that this is an age old debate surrounding the game means there's something to it. I'm sure if you are playing a normal game, and you are good at this game u can avoid some of the comebacks other people experience. I myself play rtts an observe the comebacks(both in my teams favor, and against me) on the reg. and clearly I'm not the only one. But that's ok, dismiss my thoughts cuz I can't physically show you my tv screen
Old 12-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #40
Rookie

theSmilingAssassin27's Arena

Haha, death, taxes, and comeback code threads...I normally don't like to add to these threads, but they really make me wonder if people are watching MLB in real life. Even looking back at the small sample of size of the 2012 playoffs, I remember several instances of "late inning goofiness.". That's the beauty of baseball! Late innings, add a little tension into this mix, mistakes are amplified and more costly. This is my favorite game, I love how tense it can get the late innings, and I can't wait to see how the addition of the playoff atmosphere plays out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »