Home

Community Day 2013 - FRANCHISE MODE/EDITOR

This is a discussion on Community Day 2013 - FRANCHISE MODE/EDITOR within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #81
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Community Day 2013 - FRANCHISE MODE/EDITOR

This may have already been said many times, but maybe a franchise mode where you create a team and basically rebuild them (similar to the MVP Baseball 2005 one?). That would be awesome.

As far as editing, make literally EVERYTHING editable. That will open up insane amount of potential for roster makers. Things like potential should be editable.

That's about all I can think of. Rain delays and stuff would be really nice, but not absolutely needed. Just something nice to be in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #82
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
The Futures Game -

If I see Boof Bonser and Paul McAnulty one more time on the roster I will flip!!!!

Offer a more intuitive AI on the selection of the players in the Futures Game. Possibly have it contingent upon the ratings we give coupled with the potential grades we adapt in OSFM.
Maybe put a cap on the amount of MLB experience a player can have for being selected for the Futures Game too. (ie been on the MLB roster for 45 days or 2 months or something...or maybe all players must be qualified for "Rookie" status or below). In my franchise, I not only ran across David Robertson and Andrew Bailey being in the Futures Game, but both players were on BOTH the US roster AND the World roster.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 01-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 5

I've got on more question. Will we be allowed to charge the pitcher? And if not, will the ejections make more sense? For example, I beaned a batter against the CPU and it went to the cut scene of the batter charging my pitcher (which is the one and only time I've ever seen this), and my pitcher got ejected but the batter who charged him didn't! Makes no sense. In that situation, the batter should get ejected as well. Will that be corrected?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #84
Rookie

ticats8's Arena

OVR: 2

Wondering about if we could have the ability to have NRI's in Spiring Training, instead of having to put them on the 40 man...
Old 01-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #85
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

I hope the spring training roster management is much improved. I throw my prospects out there a fair amount but every team I face always has their A guys out there and even worse they ALL play for at least 7 innings.. It's almost pointless, to even have a spring training when this is the case.

Also, I don't get to watch spring training much, unless I'm desparate for baseball. I don't think the pitching selections are at all accurate for spring training. For example, if I'm against the Phillies, I get Roy Halladay for the first 3 innings only to be followed up by #2 starter, Cliff Lee or Cole Hamels for one more inning, then we get one of their main relief guys. I've never even heard of that happening in real life. And it's certainly pointless strategically as a manager in spring training. I was dissapointed to see this was the case in 2012.

I hope this already fixed for 2013 because this has been the same issue since 2006.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #86
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by @legendm0de
I hope the spring training roster management is much improved. I throw my prospects out there a fair amount but every team I face always has their A guys out there and even worse they ALL play for at least 7 innings.. It's almost pointless, to even have a spring training when this is the case.

Also, I don't get to watch spring training much, unless I'm desparate for baseball. I don't think the pitching selections are at all accurate for spring training. For example, if I'm against the Phillies, I get Roy Halladay for the first 3 innings only to be followed up by #2 starter, Cliff Lee or Cole Hamels for one more inning, then we get one of their main relief guys. I've never even heard of that happening in real life. And it's certainly pointless strategically as a manager in spring training. I was dissapointed to see this was the case in 2012.

I hope this already fixed for 2013 because this has been the same issue since 2006.
I wouldn't call it an issue.
They never really wrote a separate A.I. scheme for Spring Training. The CPU know's who it's going with....it was really intended for you to try your players and see how they would perform against MLB pitchers/lineups so that you might pick one player over another for your final MLB roster spots.

I get what you're saying...

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #87
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

Well thanks, I hope its easy to script a different AI. I was flattered when in NHL 13 preseason, they simply took out all the guys obviously on the team already and I was suprised at the realism of the rosters. Then on the last 2 games that was the tune-up for the regular season.

It works similar in baseball, the whole month is a gradual tune up to the regular season picking up steam in the last 2 weeks, not a whole "test month" of the upcoming season
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #88
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Just another note on this...

We(myself and tabarnes19) are really pushing for Non-Roster Invitees for spring training.....but this would require a lot of new logic built into the game on many different levels...something that's definitely not in '13.

...and...while split squad games might not be on the radar....being able to get any player from your roster into a ST game without burning an option is something we would like to see as well.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »