Home

Full minors 24 news?

This is a discussion on Full minors 24 news? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2024, 01:36 PM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Full minors 24 news?

Does anyone know where they’re posting news about the full minors (formerly OSFM) these days? I know at one point they were doing it on Twitter but I can’t find anything since Ridin has taken a step back. I am holding off on buying the game for right now, but I’d still like to follow the news on rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 01:47 PM   #2
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Full minors 24 news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Does anyone know where they’re posting news about the full minors (formerly OSFM) these days? I know at one point they were doing it on Twitter but I can’t find anything since Ridin has taken a step back. I am holding off on buying the game for right now, but I’d still like to follow the news on rosters
They're on Twitter @MLBFullMinors . They don't post a ton of updates because I'm sure they don't want to bombarded with questions about how much is done. The only update so far is that they began work on missing service time players.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:20 PM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
They're on Twitter @MLBFullMinors . They don't post a ton of updates because I'm sure they don't want to bombarded with questions about how much is done. The only update so far is that they began work on missing service time players.
Thanks man. I appreciate that
Old 03-20-2024, 12:03 AM   #4
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

The game basically comes with Full Minors and last year rather than wait around, I said to myself "This is good enough to work with" and never turned back

I spent a couple nights going through each team and making sure there I made the transactions and added the players that were critical for me to start a franchise

If you just put a little time in - you can definitely come up with a very good roster by utilizing the following resources

1) Download a couple of the top rated/downloaded rosters from the vault and poke around these roster sets. Then identify players/prospects in those rosters that you want to export from that roster and import into your own base.....I call this the "Golden Roster" which is basically going to be what I use for my franchise

2) Utilize the Player Vault to download necessary players/prospects and import them into the "Golden roster"

3) There are a number of websites that you can use to track transactions, check lineups/rotations, edit equipment, gather data, etc
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/transactions/trade/
https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...charts/red-sox
https://www.gettyimages.com/

4) Spend a couple nights building the roster, setting team rosters, setting lineups & rotations, editing equipment, etc

I guarantee that you will have a finished product certainly good enough for you to play your franchise without waiting aruond for two months

....and I mean all of this with complete respect for the guys that produce FULL MINORS, their work is incredible and the level of detail in their releases are second to none. I am just simply saying that last year I did not want to wait and the fact that the game basically has full minors as part of it's base roster made it easy for me to produce something that while not at the overall level of deatil the Full Minors set has, it is definitely good enough*

Enjoy!!
Old 03-20-2024, 12:33 AM   #5
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4

We're working on it now. Actually, we've been doing prep work for three months. We don't have an ETA at this time but we are way ahead of last year. We'd like to wait for the live roster that has Yamamoto's scan and then start building the set. He should be a scan shortly after his first start, which should happen this week.

We'd ask that everyone please be patient. We're going as quickly as we can. We'll try to keep everyone apprised as to our progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 11:52 AM   #6
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe
We're working on it now. Actually, we've been doing prep work for three months. We don't have an ETA at this time but we are way ahead of last year. We'd like to wait for the live roster that has Yamamoto's scan and then start building the set. He should be a scan shortly after his first start, which should happen this week.

We'd ask that everyone please be patient. We're going as quickly as we can. We'll try to keep everyone apprised as to our progress.
Awesome! Good to see your still involved Ivanhoe.
Old 03-20-2024, 11:56 AM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
The game basically comes with Full Minors and last year rather than wait around, I said to myself "This is good enough to work with" and never turned back

I spent a couple nights going through each team and making sure there I made the transactions and added the players that were critical for me to start a franchise

If you just put a little time in - you can definitely come up with a very good roster by utilizing the following resources

1) Download a couple of the top rated/downloaded rosters from the vault and poke around these roster sets. Then identify players/prospects in those rosters that you want to export from that roster and import into your own base.....I call this the "Golden Roster" which is basically going to be what I use for my franchise

2) Utilize the Player Vault to download necessary players/prospects and import them into the "Golden roster"

3) There are a number of websites that you can use to track transactions, check lineups/rotations, edit equipment, gather data, etc
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/transactions/trade/
https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-res...charts/red-sox
https://www.gettyimages.com/

4) Spend a couple nights building the roster, setting team rosters, setting lineups & rotations, editing equipment, etc

I guarantee that you will have a finished product certainly good enough for you to play your franchise without waiting aruond for two months

....and I mean all of this with complete respect for the guys that produce FULL MINORS, their work is incredible and the level of detail in their releases are second to none. I am just simply saying that last year I did not want to wait and the fact that the game basically has full minors as part of it's base roster made it easy for me to produce something that while not at the overall level of deatil the Full Minors set has, it is definitely good enough*

Enjoy!!
That’s the problem though. This years roster seems really light compared to last year. Tons of double A and Triple A players missing. Players that are on 40 man rosters in real life. Top prospects missing that were in the game last year (see Marcelo Mayer)

You’re a Red Sox fan. Your team is literally missing the biggest piece of its future lol. He was in the game last year with a scan and a player card if I am not mistaken.
Old 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM   #8
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I’m sure you guys already know but for those who want to make your own roster and prospects export and edit Ethan Salas from SD for your younger prospects. I’m sure everyone knows who he is but he’s the only one to my knowledge you can make 17 in the game. Use him for your younger players

Last edited by franch1se; 03-20-2024 at 02:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »