Home

2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

This is a discussion on 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

Ok got it thanks for the help.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #370
Banned

Excellent Work.

I am playing through an entire 2014 MLB season with each team -- And I am using HV2.1a -- I am taking screenshots on my ps vita and adjusting the ratings of like 100 players.

My question is this:

I know that many prospects (from the draft and otherwise) were added in HV3. So, if I were to take, let us say, the Top 20 players and input their name and ratings into my current season (Using a crappy created players as my base -- and I do not care if the players look correct -- and I do not think that we can import/export into an on-going season file) -- what top 20 players would YOU suggest that I input ?

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #371
Banned

I see H/9 were greatly raised in this set .... am I wrong ?

Also, what is up with Mr. Matthew Shoemaker ?

Maybe he needs a bump ..... *GLORY*.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #372
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsfan34
I've simmed 6 seasons*.

Observations:

The ratings as a whole are obviously a lot lower than SCEA or any other custom roster set out there. I like how they play out though in the sims.

- Seasonal team stats/averages - pretty much spot on. Runs or ERA might be a tid low. I'm fine with that.

- Clayton Kershaw is awesome. As he should be. Sub 2.00 ERA in all 6 seasons. Johnny Cueto has had 3 seasons under 2.00. Both have WHIPs under 0.90 in each season as well.
- Felix Hernandez is spot on as well - consistent in the 2.20 to 2.65 about even W-L, 224 to 246 K's.
- I wish there was a way to get batting averages to work for individual players. Yasiel Puig was the only hitter to hit about .300 in the 6 sims. Cabrera had a .262 season, Mike Trout had a .257 season for an Angels team that won 102 games!?!
- Robbie Cano is the only anomaly - his power rating may be a hit high - seems to hit 25-32 HR.
- As noted the H/9 is low. I like it a lot that way. I actually have a All-Time Roster I'm tweaking (over a month in the works) and the goal is higher batting averages, lower HR, lower ERA. Only a few elite pitchers have H/9 such as Nolan Ryan (under 7 hits per 9 for his career - that's nuts!) and Pedro Martinez.
- So for pitching, this is the best I've seen.

*Sliders are all at default in the sims.

I'm very curious, if we 'tared out' every player in the game - every rating, a 50 - what would happen. Would all the averages/numbers/etc be the same across all hitters and across all pitchers?

Maybe this way would be the true way to figure out the line of best fit for the ratings affect SCEA has programmed.
Thanks for the data. I'd just like to remind everyone that there is a lot of variation in individual player stats. So, guys like Miggy or Trout can have a down year. This is all sim engine. Don't take what a player produces in any single sim as indicative of what he's capable of or usually gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
I see H/9 were greatly raised in this set .... am I wrong ?

Also, what is up with Mr. Matthew Shoemaker ?

Maybe he needs a bump ..... *GLORY*.
As I've said before, H/9 depends on the pitcher. We did create a new ratings scale as well.

Matt Shoemaker already did get a substantial bump. No one is confusing him for Clayton Kershaw though.

If you want to adjust ratings on your copy, go for it, but as Willard said this release was it so feedback on how we should adjust ratings really has no purpose unless you just want to express your opinion. We are not releasing an update based on this information.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #373
Rookie

OVR: 7

anyone know how to keep rosters from messing up when u begin franchise?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #374
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpun23
anyone know how to keep rosters from messing up when u begin franchise?
30 team control or turn this into a 25 man roster.

Last edited by pimpinpidgeon8; 09-02-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #375
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinpidgeon8
30 team control or turn this into a 25 man roster.
Anyone be willing to create a 25 man roster that puts all injured players in the majors? Would really appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »