Home

2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

This is a discussion on 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

Ok, so I said I was done, and so did teeds, but we aren't.

Teeds along with Waittilnextyear and a few others have started working on an update to the last release of the OSFM Hybrid V2.1a, and now I am able to jump aboard and give them a hand.

So for those interested - what will this roster include?

Every single created player in our last roster has been reviewed and in most cases corrected, whether it was bad ratings, facial changes, even down to proper jersey numbers, age and spelling errors

I don't know the exact number but approximately 250 new players have been created with more to come - we actually will have a second roster with a ton of extras to cover trades, DFA's etc.

Players potentials and ratings have been re-rated where needed - ZiPs ratings seem to be more bang on this year through the All Star break then I have ever seen.

Transactions up to date

This is a very meticulous project and has kind of slowed to a crawl with teeds doing 90% of the work - I created this thread to bring awareness to what is coming simply because I know many users look for my user name.
I am helping create when I can but honestly we are having a great summer weather wise in TO this year and I also have a newborn at home as well as a 2 year old so time is a bit tight.

When will this be done - I would guess somewhere around the Trade Deadline give or take.

I would say this roster is aimed at those of you that enjoy using the Hybrid Roster and have lost interest maybe in your team because they simply suck this year IRL - like this Blue Jays fan. I plan to fast forward to the 2014/2015 Offseason and start my franchise then.

If anyone is able to help create - please contact teeds or myself.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #2
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2014 OSFM HYBRID UPDATE - V3

If I may just chime in a bit about what to expect...

Player potentials have been updated, especially those of top prospects to account for season performance to date. You can expect top prospects (Buxton, Bryant, Baez etc..) to have POT values that roughly track with midseason prospect updates and scouting reports. So, guys like Dalton Pompey aren't still C-POT, and Joey Gallo's/Mookie Betts' continued rise would be reflected.

Also, guys we may have been a bit pessimistic on such as Michael Brantley, Brock Holt, and Steve Pearce have all seen attribute adjustments to correspond to their sustained career years.

teeds deserves basically all of the credit for this and has been meticulously tracking down roster moves, new CAPs and the whole 9 yards all summer long.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

It's been good to have the contributions from the gentlemen above.

A few things I'd like to note:

There have been an insane amount of players created to more accurately represent organizational depth throughout the league. Each player is created with proper equipment, face edit, ratings based on projections and scouting reports, repertoires, pitching motions, and batting stances.

Not only have players been created but I've recreated players that didn't have the right positions listed. This was mostly for minor league utility players who play both INF and OF.

Many skin tones, beards, and hair styles have been adjusted for the ps4.

Many minor leaguers have been rerated to reflect projections and scouting reports using Knights ratings spreadsheets.

As best as I can, players have been assigned to the correct minor league level and lineups and rotations have been adjusted to reflect that players are playing the position they have spent the most time at this season. Baseball reference has been good to me for most of this.

40 man rosters have been set with uniform numbers and minor leaguers not on the 40 are given the number that they wear for their respective team.

Height and weight errors have been corrected.

I'm not including any draft picks as I plan on creating those guys within my franchise if I ever get to it. Luckily, if you choose, a number of prospects are available from other users that you can import.

One last thing, many many many face edits to players from the original OSFM. Nearly every player. I've updated prospects such as Brandon Drury, Jake Lamb, Joey Gallo, Ryan Rua, Austin Hedges, Enrique Hernandez and so on. Those guys are in the vault. The others I've done won't be seen until this roster release.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

thanks for the rosters. I have wondered why jason giambi and raul ibanez have a 99 potential rating in hybrid v2.1a ?
Old 07-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #5
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
thanks for the rosters. I have wondered why jason giambi and raul ibanez have a 99 potential rating in hybrid v2.1a ?
They still will have that - as well as a few older vets - otherwise their skills will diminish far too quickly during the season and basically make them totally useless

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 PM   #6
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Big Piece may be the exception...I saw him increase by 10 in pretty much every category by midseason, lol. Otherwise, the high POT's for old vets is a good way to make regression more realistic.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #7
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

Looking forward to an update. V2 was great, very well done.

A suggestion for equipment editing: whatproswear.com gives updated profiles on about 20-30 major league stars (they usually add one profile every couple days). If you weren't planning on editing current player equipment, that's fine--then I'll have some fun with it

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoller1331
Looking forward to an update. V2 was great, very well done.

A suggestion for equipment editing: whatproswear.com gives updated profiles on about 20-30 major league stars (they usually add one profile every couple days). If you weren't planning on editing current player equipment, that's fine--then I'll have some fun with it
Perhaps you'd like to help us edit equipment?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »