Home

Found a way to create players with service time

This is a discussion on Found a way to create players with service time within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Found a way to create players with service time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty23
Hey RandyBass, can you explain how you export the player? I'm in season mode, but for the life of me can't figure out how to export out of season?
Sorry, didn't make that clear. It's in the cpu roster control section. Updated the original post to clarify. Just select a generated player from there by pressing x, and there's an option to export.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty23
Hey Knight, I downloaded the guys from the vault that RandyBass posted and the stats carry over too. Hello former MLB players that weren't in the game? If someone was careful with stats and player locked we could make players with their real-life service time and stats.
That would be some serious dedication.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

This a great little trick. If we can get players exported to the vault then they could be simply named according to their service time and tendency. For example, "2pull" or something similar could mean a pull hitter with 2 years, etc...

Since they included the ability to edit contract info, why oh why oh why did they not include the ability to edit service time? Ugh. On a positive note, it's great to see flapless batting helmets. Nice touch.

Last edited by JTommy67; 04-04-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:49 PM   #11
MVP

Regarding accumulated stats, one thing that possibly could be done is to take milestones into consideration. So for example if a player hit his 300th homerun in a certain year, you could create a player using this process with close to 300 career HRs so that they were likely to get that milestone during the first year of franchise/season mode.

This could be manipulated beforehand by creating a rookie in a roster file (so that he could be exported) with jacked up stats (high power for HRs, high speed for SBs, etc) and then going through this process of accumulating service time and stats.

Another little small detail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #12
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Does this trick only work on PS4? I can't get it on my PS3! I have CPU roster control on and every other option on auto...any ideas?
Old 04-07-2015, 10:56 PM   #13
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

From what I am reading let me get this straight, you could create a player and accumulate stats for that player and then once they've reached the stats or service time level you want then you export them and then import them into your roster and you've got your minor leaguer with accurate service time?
NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Old 04-07-2015, 10:59 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon96
Does this trick only work on PS4? I can't get it on my PS3! I have CPU roster control on and every other option on auto...any ideas?
Where are you looking to export players? For the PS4 there is a specific section called CPU Roster Control. Not sure how it's set up on the PS3.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:04 PM   #15
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Post Re: Found a way to create players with service time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Where are you looking to export players? For the PS4 there is a specific section called CPU Roster Control. Not sure how it's set up on the PS3.
CPU roster control is on there and that's how it's done one ps3! Thank you so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 12:34 AM   #16
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan31
From what I am reading let me get this straight, you could create a player and accumulate stats for that player and then once they've reached the stats or service time level you want then you export them and then import them into your roster and you've got your minor leaguer with accurate service time?
Yes. Just be aware the stats they accumulate stick as well. A work around I've found is to create the player with every attribute set to zero. That way CPU will generally not use him at all over the course of the season. Then export and re-enter the stats. I personally don't like BS stats with "real" players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »