Home

1930 Season Roster

This is a discussion on 1930 Season Roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 1930 Season Roster

My utility will most likely not run on Open Office because it requires macros.

Not sure if you'll be able to open this file, but I went ahead and ran 1930 for you. If you can't open it, let me know and I'll change the format to something you can deal with.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q9...8c4x6/1930.rar

Any franchise not in existence is filled with generated players, and all teams are filled out to about 100 players from MLB on down to single-A. Future MLB players can be found as minor leaguers.

Generated players have a "G" in the DH column. Their ratings will be somewhat lower than actual historical players.

Use it as you may. The ratings scale is mathematically modified to yield higher offensive numbers so you'll notice lower pitcher ratings. Some defensive ratings will also be lower as fielding was not nearly as good back then, particularly with respect to errors.

Let me know if you have questions.

Last edited by JTommy67; 04-11-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:08 AM   #18
French Fried Taters, mhmm

puppies_on_acid's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
My utility will most likely not run on Open Office because it requires macros.

Not sure if you'll be able to open this file, but I went ahead and ran 1930 for you. If you can't open it, let me know and I'll change the format to something you can deal with.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q9...8c4x6/1930.rar

Any franchise not in existence is filled with generated players, and all teams are filled out to about 100 players from MLB on down to single-A. Future MLB players can be found as minor leaguers.

Generated players have a "G" in the DH column. Their ratings will be somewhat lower than actual historical players.

Use it as you may. The ratings scale is mathematically modified to yield higher offensive numbers so you'll notice lower pitcher ratings. Some defensive ratings will also be lower as fielding was not nearly as good back then, particularly with respect to errors.

Let me know if you have questions.
This is perfect, thank you. This actually opens up just fine in Google Sheets. I may also use these generated players for the other teams and to possibly fill out teams that didn't have full 40 man rosters.

I'm actually aware of the fielding issues back then. It seems fielding has come a long way in the last 80+ years... haha.

Again, thank you for this. This will make a perfect baseline for ratings. What I have done in the past with rosters I make is input all the initial ratings, then simulate a season several times and then make adjustments accordingly.

Now if I could just convince Dr. Sublime to do all the faces for me....
Old 04-11-2015, 04:24 PM   #19

puppies_on_acid's Arena

Just finished playing a game between the Red Sox and Braves with my wife. It was a low scoring, low strikeout, low base on balls game with some questionable fielding all around. Perfect for 2 of the bottom teams in the league in 1930!

I am ashamed to say that my wife beat me with the Braves behind a complete game victory for Burleigh Grimes. The final score was 3-2.

Now back to work...
Old 04-14-2015, 02:07 AM   #20

puppies_on_acid's Arena

Still working at this as fast as I can. I have decided I'm going to fill out full 90 man rosters on all the teams. That way this can be used in franchise play.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:11 AM   #21

puppies_on_acid's Arena

Currently working my way through the White Sox. I'm currently in the process of moving so progress is going to be a little slower than usual for the next week or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »