Home

OS94 (MLB 16) Topic

This is a discussion on OS94 (MLB 16) Topic within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2016, 04:29 PM   #25
Rookie

DaFranchise97's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS94 (MLB 16) Topic

Speaking of faces, Phil, I actually copied some of the faces on MLB 15 from the 1996 25-man roster. Here is the list.

Roger Clemens
Mo Vaughn (This was actually from a all time roster so I modified it)
Frank Thomas
Kirby Puckett
Bo Jackson (From the 1987 90-man roster)
Ken Griffey Jr.
Jose Canseco
Jeff Bagwell
Curt Schilling
Sammy Sosa
Barry Bonds

Faces I didn't copied but did the ratings from your roster (Rookies/Minor-Leaguers)

Nomar Garciaparra
Derek Jeter
Mariano Rivera
Carlos Delgado
Manny Ramirez
Jason Giambi
David Ortiz
Alex Rodriguez

I just ported it from MLB 15 to MLB 16 and I import it to your OS Generic Basic Roster. If you are interested, I can upload it to the vault.
Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2016, 11:55 PM   #26
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermars666
I already have a Luis Rivas from my 2008 set that I never finished from MLB '15. I'll import him over and post him to the vault today. PSN is KingJeremy666.
Actually the Luis Rivas I have has service time. The face looks damn good for MLB 16 though. I will make a new CAP for him as a rookie. And get on the others sometime this weekend.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFranchise97
Speaking of faces, Phil, I actually copied some of the faces on MLB 15 from the 1996 25-man roster. Here is the list.

Roger Clemens
Mo Vaughn (This was actually from a all time roster so I modified it)
Frank Thomas
Kirby Puckett
Bo Jackson (From the 1987 90-man roster)
Ken Griffey Jr.
Jose Canseco
Jeff Bagwell
Curt Schilling
Sammy Sosa
Barry Bonds

Faces I didn't copied but did the ratings from your roster (Rookies/Minor-Leaguers)

Nomar Garciaparra
Derek Jeter
Mariano Rivera
Carlos Delgado
Manny Ramirez
Jason Giambi
David Ortiz
Alex Rodriguez

I just ported it from MLB 15 to MLB 16 and I import it to your OS Generic Basic Roster. If you are interested, I can upload it to the vault.
Thanks.
If they have realistic service time (Not 100% accurate, I just need it to be in the ballpark) I can use those for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermars666
Actually the Luis Rivas I have has service time. The face looks damn good for MLB 16 though. I will make a new CAP for him as a rookie. And get on the others sometime this weekend.
Thanks man!

So update!

I told you previously, all free agents are in and they have their birthplace, all closers are in and have their birthplaces also...

And now all catchers are in and have their birthplaces. Not only that, but I've added 8 new catchers while I was porting them over and that means that every team (except Arizona and Tampa) have ALL the catchers they will have in this mod. Remember where I was in my work in progress file: Every team except the NL West teams have all their fielders!

Nice touch by Sony: Regions are placed in geographical order (West, Central, East, with International afterwards) and the State in each region defaults to the ones that produces the most ball players. (California, Texas, Florida, Dominican Republic, in order.) I appreciate that, less work.

Starting first basemen!

Also asking a question: Would this work to manipulate player options without affecting service time?

1: In Franchise, send players that need to lose an option to the minors so that it costs one.
2: Export all the players afterwards.
3: Import all the players back in a roster file.
4: Do it again. And again if needed, depending on how many options you need gone.

I'm nowhere near the point where I have so little to do that I want to do this, just putting it out there. But I experienced doing the research for it and it's simple really, you just count the number of times before 1994 that the guy was called up but also spent more than 20 games in the minors. It happened once to Moises Alou so he'd have 2 options left. It happened 3 times to Juan Bell so he has no options left.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 04-16-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:18 PM   #28
Rookie

DaFranchise97's Arena

[quote=Phil Parent;2048121020]If they have realistic service time (Not 100% accurate, I just need it to be in the ballpark) I can use those for sure!

Yes, the faces that were edited still have service time. I uploaded it to the vault, titled 94 faces. PSN is londondixon1.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:14 AM   #29
Rookie

So, I think Sony put eyewear on EACH AND EVERY player in my mod...
Old 04-17-2016, 09:11 PM   #30
Just started!

Phil, do you have a Patreon?

I played your stuff for EWR, for FPR and now for The Show, I'd like to give back for all the years of fun.

I think all the content creators should have Patreons but you never mentionned it.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #31
Rookie

Awww, thanks for that man but I can't take the money.

Donate to Sun Youth they are my favourite charity!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2016, 09:50 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 3

I am in the process of putting together a sound pack for this mod.

A soundtrack

Tv themes

And a few walk ups maybe
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »