Home

The Game's Community Ratings Calculator

This is a discussion on The Game's Community Ratings Calculator within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

OVR: 11
The Game's Community Ratings Calculator

Latest version of the MLB the Show Ratings Calculator is now available for download!

First, a special thanks to patsen29, who helped really take this thing to the next level. So many of the changes and improvements couldn't have been done without his expertise.

Second, there was a ton of data to sift through. I did more quality control for this version than ever before but if you encounter problems, please post them here.

So what will you get with this ratings calculator?

- Statistically based ratings for almost every rating in the game for nearly every player
- Pitch edits with special thanks to MBMavs & WTNY
- Minor league ratings for nearly any minor league player in the game
- Estimated player potential based on scouting, age, and current ability
- Batting tendencies for MLB the Show 17

Contracts are also included, but the batch source for these are not the best. Some players are correct, while others are not. It's best to double check these and if you know of a better source for contracts that I can copy in bulk, it will really help.

Lastly, if you like this MLB the Show Ratings calculator, please give the thread 5 stars.

Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!jxgRWKQS!DdeC_1byf...h0XZObUL0L3IDs

Last edited by TheGame8544; 08-11-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: V5 Uploaded
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 11:15 PM   #2
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Game's Community Ratings Calculator

What's your plans for releasing the calculator to download? Gonna do a beta version or just a V1 or how are you going to do it? How soon will it be ever how you plan to do it? Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-03-2016, 11:38 PM   #3
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
What's your plans for releasing the calculator to download? Gonna do a beta version or just a V1 or how are you going to do it? How soon will it be ever how you plan to do it? Thanks!
It's basically done. I'm trying to find a good source to quickly copy and paste in names and numbers of minor league players, but the data is all there. It's working well, but I want to fine-tune some things to make it easier for those less familiar with how to work it.

One example. Some names will be different. You might have a player named Tommy but in the stats, he's called Thomas. Very quickly, if you know simple basics of find-replace in excel, you can quickly find and replace all instances of Thomas LastName and replace with Tommy LastName.

Stuff like that I'm trying to find, but I could easily release a V1 within the week.

Big thing I'm looking for is someone who likes the ratings structure I've used, which based on sims is pretty damn solid in my opinion, and who would like to update the roster with me. But the caveat is they've got to be willing to in the end defer to me on what formula we use for the rating. I'm VERY open to discussion, especially with the community but at the end of the day, this is a project I've sunk uncountable hours into.

But I'd love to work with someone. If anyone volunteers, I'll send a beta version of the calculator to play with to see how you like the ratings. There's a lot more I could go into, but that'd make this post be a lot longer than it needs to be.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:45 PM   #4
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

Couple other things about how I like to rate my players. I HATE focusing on just one season of play. At a bare minimum, I like to use 2 but preferably 3 seasons of work. This is what the column WEIGHTED is referencing. It's a formula taking into account career stats, but weighted in favor of 2015 and 2014 stats. I've watched a lot of baseball, and plenty of players have been one year wonders. They do crazy things at the plate or on the mound for one season, but it's never repeatable.

The rosters I'm working on are intended to be for franchise with an emphasis on past production mixed with potential career production. Some people love ZiPS, Streamers, or other projection based sites, but that just isn't how I like to do things. I find rarely are they very accurate, and I can get a pretty good idea on statistical production based purely off past performance with extra emphasis being given to recent seasons.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:53 PM   #5
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

You can just release a V1 of the calculator when you're ready. I'm sure you can find someone to help you a bit with the roster you're working on. There's a lot of helpful & knowledgeable members on these forums that do great work with this game.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #6
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Any chance you could post your excel ratings calculator? I would like to take a deeper look at it.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #7
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

This would be an incredible tool! Look forward to seeing what comes of this!

Old 05-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #8
MVP

TheGame8544's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Any chance you could post your excel ratings calculator? I would like to take a deeper look at it.
Yes, I'll be posting it within the week. I'd imagine Sunday by the latest. I'll give an ETA as I get closer to a release point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »