Home

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster Project

This is a discussion on 2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster Project within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 04-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #1
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster Project

With OSFM V1 being released yesterday, that officially marks the beginning of the OSFM Hybrid roster project! First off, before I continue into the project details, I'd like to take the time to thank Ridin and the rest of the OSFM crew for their dedication to providing a roster base each and every year for the Hybrid roster set. The OSFM project was the reason I came to these forums years and years ago, and I admire their dedication to putting out the project year in and year out. Check out their roster thread here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...lable-now.html

Now, onto the Hybrid roster. You may be asking yourself, "What does the Hybrid roster bring to the table? What does it include? What separates itself from all other roster projects?" The best way I can put it is this: you won't find a more accurate roster for MLB: The Show. We have a solid group of guys that put in countless hours of work every year to make this project a reality. Listed below is what you can expect from the OSFM Hybrid roster project this year...

Roster name: 2018 OSFM Hybrid v1
Username: SteveMrshll2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Hey all, the long wait is over! Our team is proud to announce the release of the 2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster! First off, please take time to show some love to the members of our team for their contributions in this enormous project:

TheGame8544
pasten29
RedKing22
redsoxfan31
flyer1985
rovert22044

These guys were a tremendous help and my, oh my, that calc is something special (TheGame8544/pasten29).

So, here's the deal with Version 1:
-Entire rerate of every organization, from top to bottom
-Pitch edits and hitting tendencies
-Full 40 man rosters (***60 day DL guys are on...more on this below***)
-All injured players are in A ball
-Default contract values with correct years
-MLB jersey #'s updated via mlbnumbersig as they update

-Transactions are current as of 5/25/18 at noon (includes Hanley DFA)
-MLB 25 man roster is current as of 5/25/18

Some miscellaneous notes:
-Free agents were not touched (with the exception of Zych, Rosenthal, Hanley, Ichiro). Reason being, the CPU never signs these guys and they fade away into retirement in franchise mode. However, I wanted to edit these handful of guys because most users will probably sign these guys.
-Since this roster is 40 man, lineups/rotations are not true to life. They will be jumbled up upon starting franchise.
-We decided to spend our time elsewhere and not waste resources going through FA's and lineups that really have minimal impact on most franchises.

***As I stated above, all 60 day DL guys are on the 40 man roster in this file. I have attached a file for all you franchise guys who want to manually DL these guys. I have noted players who need added to the 40 man roster upon manually DL'ing these players.***

Future versions will be more transaction oriented, with some equipment edits/faces/quality control/ratings updates as we see fit. Not much will change otherwise. I, for one, don't want to be restarting my franchise with each new update. It'll probably be some time before we release a version 2, most likely after the trade deadline, but no ETA.

There you have it fellas! Happy franchising! And again, please take some time to thank the fellas I listed above that helped me in this project. Huge kuddos for all they did.

As always, we value your feedback, so don't hesitate to chime in with any concerns you may have and we'll check it out. We want to make this roster as perfect as Mike Trout!

V2 and beyond will include:

- Updated transactions
- Equipment edits
- Re-rates where needed
- Hitting tendencies
- More improvements all around

If you've enjoyed our previous iterations of our roster project, please give it a thumbs up and 5 stars on the thread. It helps with visibility for the roster and brings more people to our thread.

Stay tuned for more information, and let's play ball!

Last edited by rovert22044; 05-25-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #2
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster Project

Awesome to hear. I think OSFM 1.3 is out and it has fixed errors such as duplicates. There's another re-rate/hybrid roster in the works. I'm interested in seeing how your different approaches translate.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
Banned

Thank god! I had not seen a forum yet and was starting to worry. OSFM roster is the bomb but I could not play franchise with out your full re-rates. Thank you to everyone involeved as always
Old 04-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
Rookie

What pitch edits will you be using? Also, what speed ratings?
Old 04-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

It’ll also be great if you guys can add some Accurate looking caps, such as BigPappaWilly’s Jose Abreu, Motown’s Dominic Smith, Motown’s Todd Frazier and other Accurate caps w the hybrid ratings to replace some of Sony’s models that don’t have face scans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #6
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon brunal
It’ll also be great if you guys can add some Accurate looking caps, such as BigPappaWilly’s Jose Abreu, Motown’s Dominic Smith, Motown’s Todd Frazier and other Accurate caps w the hybrid ratings to replace some of Sony’s models that don’t have face scans.
I disagreed, we'll lose commentary for those guys then.

I dont want SCEA guys imported over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #7
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Glad to see you guys back! Definitely the most enjoyable roster I've used in franchise mode the last few years!

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 04-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew823
What pitch edits will you be using? Also, what speed ratings?
We're looking at doing pitch edits in house. The stats are out there, and so are the rationales, so it's mostly tying things together at scale.

For speed, the goal is to use statcast spring speed. It should be simple enough to map to speed scores, given SDS is already using it.

That said, this only works for major leaguers, so we're looking at ways to fill the gaps for minor leaguers. So everything needs a fallback, because we don't have the luxury of having all we need for 3000 players.

But it should be a good improvement over last year, and we're always listening for comments, suggestions, and feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »