Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #321
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Just an announcement for people who may not have seen this thread, but for the Hybrid V2 with equipment edits and some light misc edits, go to Post 1 here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lable-now.html

Aside from equipment edits for guys who've played in the bigs this year, a short list of error fixes from V1 includes:

-Throwing handedness for Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Logan Morrison was corrected. Josh Wall (FA) has throwing and batting handedness corrected.

-Joel Peralta and Travis Jankowski were properly re-rated.

-Kyle Higashioka's career stats have been eliminated.

-Some minor edits to positions...Nelson Cruz to primary RF, Jung-ho Kang to primary 3B etc. Some utility players (e.g. Brock Holt) still do not have full positional eligibility and there are no plans to fix this.

-Pitch edits updated for a few dozen pitchers (mostly front end starters and rookies such as Jameson Taillon).

-A few improved CAPS (Motown's Anderson Espinoza for example) and missing Edwin Diaz (SEA) were added.

What this V2 roster does NOT include:

-2016 Draft picks

-Updated transactions

-Anything else not mentioned above

Unless you are an equipment nut, I wouldn't necessarily recommend re-starting an existing franchise for this. But it's there for the people who have a bad case of the re-starts/bad case of the wait-for-the-next-shiny-thing syndrome, for people who haven't started their franchise yet, or haven't got very far, and for those who want updated equipment.

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 06-12-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #322
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I think so. The only thing I would correct about this statement is that we didn't really aim to create any separation; it was there in the data and we just let it come out.

No concerns.

I'd suggest researching this topic on the internet. Frankly, a discussion of what projections are and how they are arrived at is way beyond the scope of this roster thread. There's a lot of good information out there on FanGraphs and other websites. There is also a comparison of different projection systems at the Hardball Times with some further information. This is definitely reading for people who aren't very familiar with projections or see it as some sort of voodoo magic.
Cool. Thanks for the feedback and for the hard work on the roster!

I like the data-driven approach and can tell that a ridiculous amount of detail that went into producing the full 90 man roster for each team.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #323
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Just an announcement for people who may not have seen this thread, but for the Hybrid V2 with equipment edits and some light misc edits, go to Post 1 here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lable-now.html

Aside from equipment edits for guys who've played in the bigs this year, a short list of error fixes from V1 includes:

-Throwing handedness for Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Logan Morrison was corrected. Josh Wall (FA) has throwing and batting handedness corrected.

-Joel Peralta and Travis Jankowski were properly re-rated.

-Kyle Higashioka's career stats have been eliminated.

-Some minor edits to positions...Nelson Cruz to primary RF, Jung-ho Kang to primary 3B etc. Some utility players (e.g. Brock Holt) still do not have full positional eligibility and there are no plans to fix this.

-Pitch edits updated for a few dozen pitchers (mostly front end starters and rookies such as Jameson Taillon).

-A few improved CAPS (Motown's Anderson Espinoza for example) and missing Edwin Diaz (SEA) were added.

What this V2 roster does NOT include:

-2016 Draft picks

-Updated transactions

-Anything else not mentioned above

Unless you are an equipment nut, I wouldn't necessarily recommend re-starting an existing franchise for this. But it's there for the people who have a bad case of the re-starts/bad case of the wait-for-the-next-shiny-thing syndrome, for people who haven't started their franchise yet, or haven't got very far, and for those who want updated equipment.
Have you roster guys asked for this V2 to be stickied now instead of V1? Remove V1 from sticky & replace with V2 sticky? What you'll think of that idea? Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 10-06-2016, 12:11 AM   #324
MVP

OVR: 3

What does 30 team control mean, as mentioned on the first page?

Does that mean at the team select screen, I have to select all 30 teams? Or can I pick 1 team, and just turn CPU roster control on

I dont want anything to do with owning the computer teams, I just want to be able to set accurate lineups, etc.

Please help
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

Last edited by Culture Rot; 10-06-2016 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:22 AM   #325
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
What does 30 team control mean, as mentioned on the first page?

Does that mean at the team select screen, I have to select all 30 teams? Or can I pick 1 team, and just turn CPU roster control on

Please help
There is a stickied thread in the main forum that you can/should take a look at:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-control.html
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »