Home

Full Minors Roster with More Realistic Potentials

This is a discussion on Full Minors Roster with More Realistic Potentials within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Full Minors Roster with More Realistic Potentials

Does anyone know of a version of either Ridin’s full minors roster or a similar roster that has potentials edited to be more realistic so that there’s not way too many 90+ and 80+ overalls a few years into a franchise? I love how in depth Ridin’s roster is, but I just can’t get past the really high potentials and I was hoping someone with more time on their hands than me had put together a version with more conservative/realistic potentials
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2021, 08:53 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Full Minors Roster with More Realistic Potentials

This is the one you want (I think very much the same way as you do regarding potentials):

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...er-2021-a.html
Old 06-16-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blemons5
Does anyone know of a version of either Ridin’s full minors roster or a similar roster that has potentials edited to be more realistic so that there’s not way too many 90+ and 80+ overalls a few years into a franchise? I love how in depth Ridin’s roster is, but I just can’t get past the really high potentials and I was hoping someone with more time on their hands than me had put together a version with more conservative/realistic potentials
So they lowered the potentials on the first release. They ran into an issue where 3-4 years down the road, all of the top prospects were taken over by the cpu generated players that were drafted because their potentials were so high. So to combat this they did EXTENSIVE TESTING and concluded that to prevent all the prospects from being washed out, they had to higher the potentials.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:33 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
So they lowered the potentials on the first release. They ran into an issue where 3-4 years down the road, all of the top prospects were taken over by the cpu generated players that were drafted because their potentials were so high. So to combat this they did EXTENSIVE TESTING and concluded that to prevent all the prospects from being washed out, they had to higher the potentials.

Yea I don't really buy this. I've played with lower potential rosters in past years and gone 4-5 years into the future. The rosters typically hold up pretty well IMO.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:37 PM   #5
Banned

This is a different year, there is nothing for you to "buy" lol. And Ridin and crew surmised the same thing you did, and they lowered all the prospect ratings league wide. They changed it back in there second release a month later because of the effects it had on franchise. Why do you think they changed them back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
This is a different year, there is nothing for you to "buy" lol. And Ridin and crew surmised the same thing you did, and they lowered all the prospect ratings league wide. They changed it back in there second release a month later because of the effects it had on franchise. Why do you think they changed them back?

Probably because people complained about prospects being too low and they wanted the rosters to look better. I don't believe that Ridin' cares enough about the efficacy of his roster in Franchise, otherwise there wouldn't be so many egregious errors throughout the roster set.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViatorLion10
Probably because people complained about prospects being too low and they wanted the rosters to look better. I don't believe that Ridin' cares enough about the efficacy of his roster in Franchise, otherwise there wouldn't be so many egregious errors throughout the roster set.
Huh, you are obviously uninformed. The last thing Ridin is doing is changing the roster because people complain. He would be more likely to block you for complaining then to change his roster around. And what egregious errors are there , I will wait....
Old 06-16-2021, 02:24 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
So I don't know anything about the latest version of the FM roster with reduced potentials. I am glad it is something they decided to at least acknowledge and address after years of inflating them way too high. I put down 21 a few weeks ago because I am done with it for the time being so I have yet to run any simulations on it.

Historically these roster has been overrated and the potentials have been way too high. I am sure the potentials in the new roster have been muted but are likely still on the high side. Again can't confirm this but assuming based on history.

To the point with draft classes, what people fail to realize is that to keep a balanced franchise long term, you have to adopt draft class editing at the end of the season. I have been since MLB18 and cycloniac released his draft pick editing tool last year for 20 and again this year. Keeping those draft classes in check is vital for the long term health of a franchise.

I do not think that the FM roster is a bad roster. Any version. Clearly a lot of work is put it. But I do think it is more of just a base only versus a fully ready product for those that want a long term franchise.

In the end the player base needs to accept what the average player rating is and what is considered all star caliber and perennial mvp caliber. Until that happens, potentials on FM will always be too high.

The other issues with rosters like this is that everyone expects their teams 23rd prospect to be A potential when in real life that player will likely never pan out to be more than an average player which is just fine. The league is full of players that and that is great.

Against my better judgement I decided to respond here after I told myself I would stay out of this sub forum. I will likely change my mind in 5 minutes and delete this but maybe not.

I stand by my roster theroies even though most don't embrace them or think I am crazy and trash talk me on PSN because they can't see beyond tunnel vision of what rosters are instead of what they should be.
I agree but you're implying that the people complaining about editing some of Ridins high potentials are going to edit a full draft class. Personally I would rather current prospects, I know , be overrated and have them flood the league 5 years down the line than unknown cpu generated prospects.

And I once again in 21, they said they tested it and that too many of the prospects with lower rated potentials were never panning out. I think they mentioned like not one pitcher actually turned into an ace out of the top 100.

And looking at overalls is bad practice because the overall rating system and the way the game measures it is bad in itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »