Home

<-Perfect Sliders 2015->

This is a discussion on <-Perfect Sliders 2015-> within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #33
Rookie

Orion2012's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: <-Perfect Sliders 2015->

I'm kinda wondering why CPU Pick-off remaind default? I thought the slider influenced the frequency of pickoff attempts and I'm only seeing the CPU attempt a pick-off when I take an extra step. Thoughts?
Old 04-06-2015, 11:02 AM   #34
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Veteran seems too easy, too many strikes thrown by CPU, but All-Star I feel like my timing is just completely off.
Wondering what you are using.
All Star across the board.

Yeah, thats the issue with Veteran, it pounds the strike zone to make it easier to hit for the user, so is no help in trying to draw walks etc, it artificially kills them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
PsychoBulk can you explain what made you lower baserunning speed to 4? I have been doing CPU vs CPU testing and just from what I see there are lots of times that batters will beat out little dribblers and chops in front of home plate. The catcher and pitcher seem to have a very pronounced delayed reaction.
The reason ive gone to 4 is for that very reason, too many dribblers and choppers beat out than is likely on par with reality.

It also ties in with my OF Arm strength down to 4 and my reaction to 7, watch a replay on default reaction, there is way too much of a delay before your player reacts on defense, on 7 that unrealistic delay is all but eliminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
I'm kinda wondering why CPU Pick-off remaind default? I thought the slider influenced the frequency of pickoff attempts and I'm only seeing the CPU attempt a pick-off when I take an extra step. Thoughts?
Its always been that way, you are given a lead automatically, if you dont take another step the CPU will NEVER try and pick you off, been that way for years with this series.

Great feedback and questions guys, more welcome
Old 04-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #35
Rookie

Psycho. what camera angles are you using for hitting/pitching?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #36
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

Broadcast for pitching (so it gives me a different feel at every ballpark) and for hitting, a very slightly modified version of "Catcher", just bought back a little bit so i can see all the white lines of the batters box.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 10

3 games and a chunk of variety, all which I love. The thing is, im playing the game, not thinking about sliders... not thinking, oh that could be tweaked... im just playing and enjoying Baseball and that to me is a sign that these are on the right track if not already there
Old 04-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #38
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

Great to hear roolz old chap.

You documenting a chise this year again?

Was a great read last year.

My chise begins later tonight
Old 04-06-2015, 02:06 PM   #39
Rookie

Orion2012's Arena

Finished my first game with the sliders.

The outfielder reaction/speed seems much more realistic. Saw a few balls hit between in the gaps that would have been caught with default sliders either land just outta reach, or when they were caught it was at a full run and didn't give the outfielders a chance to set up and get the ball back in to prevent tagging up.

Pulse control seems alot more realistic as well, even with a small circle I still miss my spots occasionally.

Everything seems well balanced, loving the results Psychobulk.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
Finished my first game with the sliders.

The outfielder reaction/speed seems much more realistic. Saw a few balls hit between in the gaps that would have been caught with default sliders either land just outta reach, or when they were caught it was at a full run and didn't give the outfielders a chance to set up and get the ball back in to prevent tagging up.

Pulse control seems alot more realistic as well, even with a small circle I still miss my spots occasionally.

Everything seems well balanced, loving the results Psychobulk.

The corner outfielders are getting to base hits down the line way too fast imo. Not sure if that has to do with the higher fielder reaction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »