Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 16 Timed/Classic Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 16 Timed/Classic Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2016, 01:51 PM   #801
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 16 Timed/Classic Simulation Sliders

I find it impossible to hit on All Star. Everything up in the zone is either popes up or I swing and miss. So damn frustrating.

May be that I use quick counts as well, but it's rare to get anything in the zone to hit on All Star and to be able to have very little success when you do get something to hit is maddening.

Unfortunately I'm finding Veteran with lowered human hit sliders too easy. ��

Last edited by dubplate; 05-22-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #802
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I find it impossible to hit on All Star. Everything up in the zone is either popes up or I swing and miss. So damn frustrating.
Contact up a click. Boom.

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 05-23-2016, 03:44 AM   #803
Pro

OVR: 0

Does anyone know what the average number of hits and the average number of strikeouts are per game in the majors? Thanks
Old 05-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #804
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
NICE! I'm starting both my Yankees and Mets franchises over with the solid hits change to 5 and I adjusted human control and consistency to 3 and I feel that I have found my sweet spot. I'm just trying to figure out pitch speed. Seems like with them at 5,7 I get around 10 hits per game with a couple of homers and with them at 6,8 I'm getting around 7. I really have to focus on 6,8 but do strikeout a bit more. Don't want to feel things are too easy, want to feel like I've earned my wins
I finally found my hitting sliders and it sounds like you and I were in the same boat. I upped pitch speed to 6 and 8, but also increased the contact slider to 6 with solid hits still at 5 and I'm getting that nice round hit number as well. With the pitch speed at 5 and 7, I was getting around on fastballs way too easily and not striking out.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #805
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
I finally found my hitting sliders and it sounds like you and I were in the same boat. I upped pitch speed to 6 and 8, but also increased the contact slider to 6 with solid hits still at 5 and I'm getting that nice round hit number as well. With the pitch speed at 5 and 7, I was getting around on fastballs way too easily and not striking out.
That's great advice. I started my Yankee franchise over with them at 5 and 7. Scored 5 runs in the 1st on 3 homers and another 2 runs in the 2nd off another homer. I quit the game. For whatever reason I hit too easy at 5 and 7. I was in the middle of a game when I read your post. I was up 1-0 after 4 innings against Keuchel and the Astros. I bumped up contact to 6. In the bottom of the 5th I go single, single, pop out, strikeout and then Teixeira hits a 3-run homer. But Keuchel thre a cookie down the middle. I'm going to start over with your suggestion. Thanks again for the tip!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #806
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Does anyone know what the average number of hits and the average number of strikeouts are per game in the majors? Thanks
Average K's 20% of your PA's (AB + BB + SH + SF + HBP). That will vary from game to game because not all games have the same number of PAs.

So check after each game or, better, like 20 games, then "take the temperature" and see what you got. Record each game's box score.

So K / (AB + BB + SH + SF + HBP) should be around 20% if you're aiming for average.

Average BABIP about .300 (it's .290-something but .300 is easier to deal with)

(H - HR) / (AB - HR - K) should be around .300.

HOWEVER:

The problem with using league average on an individual team is...not all teams are league average, nor are all players.

Better would be to look at how the players are doing vs their irl profile (use fangraphs). So if you have Brett Gardner, are your stats with Gardner similar to what irl Gardner does? Same with Tanaka or whomever. Also, it depends on YOU as well. If you're more disciplined than an irl hitter or team, you're going to do better with BB% in all likelihood, for example.

Also, keep in mind games have variability and baseball is a finicky and funky game. You might get to the same place as the irl stats (or close) but you won't likely take a consistent, even path. So if a game doesn't "hit the averages" or whichever benchmark(s) you want to use, it doesn't mean the sliders are bad (or even that you're not playing "right"). Stuff happens.

Last edited by KBLover; 05-23-2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:10 PM   #807
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
That's great advice. I started my Yankee franchise over with them at 5 and 7. Scored 5 runs in the 1st on 3 homers and another 2 runs in the 2nd off another homer. I quit the game. For whatever reason I hit too easy at 5 and 7. I was in the middle of a game when I read your post. I was up 1-0 after 4 innings against Keuchel and the Astros. I bumped up contact to 6. In the bottom of the 5th I go single, single, pop out, strikeout and then Teixeira hits a 3-run homer. But Keuchel thre a cookie down the middle. I'm going to start over with your suggestion. Thanks again for the tip!!
No problem! I'm just about at the perfect the pitching sliders. I ended up moving control and consistency down to 2. It might all be in my head but at 3 for both, I didn't feel quite as threatened. I make way more mistakes with them both at 2 and I pay for them, as well. The last slider I mess around with is CPU contact at 6 or 5. I started at HOF but realized that was too stressful. I refuse to restart another franchise, lol. I've played like 70 games and have restarted like 10 times. I'm 4-3 now as the Mets and I am going to commit for the long haul.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #808
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
For all you Yankee fans here is a walk off win in my current 2016 Yankees franchise!!!

Watch live video from Todem23 on www.twitch.tv
There is nothing better in sports gaming than hitting a walk off HR on the Show.
I hit one 2 nights ago in my Reds season with Adam Duvall and I went nuts when I did it. Pretty sure I woke up my neighbors as it was about 2 in the morning when I did it.

I was down 4-2 with 2 outs and 2 on and Duvall crushed a hanging curve for the 425 foot homer into the 2nd deck. I was exhausted after I hit it! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »