Home

BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

This is a discussion on BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #449
Rookie

CornHoller's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

I will try these. Looking for a little more realistic/balanced fielding sliders. Seems to me every time I lower fielding speed/baserunning speed the effect is tremendous. The Rays all look like Jose Molina and my opponents are not effected. Throw in arm strength weakening and I see guys that have never hit triples before hitting triples.

Anyway, not complaining just stating some of my personal observations.

Thanks to all of you who share the changes you deploy!
Old 03-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #450
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BYU 14's "Old Guy" quick count sliders for The Show 17

Gonna work on getting an "Old Guy" set up in the next day or so. But, like others have mentioned I have been pleasantly surprised at how good this version plays out of the box. Right now I am playing All-Star across the board with tweaks in line with a couple of other sets and getting good results.

I have always been HOF pitching and Veteran/Veteran+ batting, but HOF pitching using last years sliders as a base saw my getting shelled, while the veteran hitting sliders were just way too easy. This was leading to softball scores, so right now I am hitting on All-Star with no tweaks except foul frequency and CPU pitcher control and consistency for hitting. For Pitching I dropped my control and consistency and increased CPU contact. So far so good. As mentioned I will start a thread for '18 in the next day or so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »