Home

FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

FENWAYMAC 2018 LEGEND SLIDERS

my latest modification in parenthesis

AVAILABLE IN VAULT: FenwayMac 2018 Legend

I will also be posting cumulative and individual game results here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0T0/edit#gid=0. feel free to check them out and ask any questions.

https://dynasties.operationsports.co...id=1&sport=mlb (if you would like to generate a box score to share. Shared boxscores help improve sliders.

SETTINGS (I really feel you need to determine what works best for you in regards to general settings, but this is what I use)

BATTING & BASERUNNING
Hitting Difficulty - Legend
Hitting Interface -*Zone
- Input Type - Buttons
- Analog Type - Flick
- Plate Coverge Indicator - On
- PCI Appearance - Wedge
Hitting View – The Show 15
In-Play View Offense - Medium
Ball Trail – Daytime Only
Guess Pitch - Off
Baserunning Decisions - Assist

PITCHING
Pitching Difficulty - Legend
Pitching Interface - Meter
Pitch Feedback - On
Pitching View – Broadcast
Pitching Ball Marker – Classic On
Pitch Confidence - On

FIELDING
Throwing Interface - Buttons
Throwing Meter - On
Throwing Difficulty - Legend
Fielding Decision - Assist
Throwing Decision - Off
In-Play View - Medium
Throw Cancelling - Off
One Button Dive/Jump - Off

GENERAL
Strike Zone - On
Hot Zones – Pitching Preview
Warm Up Relievers - On
Dynamic Difficulty Updates - Progress
Tutorial Tips - Off

SLIDERS
Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity - 5
Human Contact - 6
Human Power - 5
Human Timing -5 (4...your preference)
Human Foul Frequency - 3 (4)

Human Solid Hits - 5
Human Starter Stamina - 6
Human Reliever Stamina -3
Human Pitch Control - 1
Human Pitcher Consistency - 4
CPU Contact - 3 (2)
CPU Power - 7
CPU Timing - 1
CPU Foul Frequency - 6 (7)
CPU Solid Hits - 3
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 2
CPU Pitcher Control - 5
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 4
CPU Strike Frequency - 5
CPU Manager Hook - 7
CPU Pickoffs - 5
Fastball Pitch Speed - 5
Offspeed Pitch Speed - 5 (6)
Fielding Errors Infield - 7
Fielding Errors Outfield - 7
Throwing Errors Infield - 7
Throwing Errors Outfield - 7
Fielder Run Speed – 2
Fielder Reaction - 2
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 5
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 4
Baserunner Speed - 4
Baserunner Steal Ability - 5
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5
Wind - 5
Injury Frequency - 6
Trade Frequency - 5

Enjoy! I really do appreciate feedback, both good or critical. I enjoy figuring out how all of the sliders work together, so all thoughts are helpful.

Last edited by FenwayMac; 08-21-2018 at 12:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

Re: FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

I’m downloader #1...

Will report back shortly 😉

-GW-
Old 06-04-2018, 11:58 PM   #3
Pro

I never thought that I would make a legend set, or even be playing at legend level, but I think that once you start with legend you really start to enjoy the additional level of attention that you need to pay to hitting, pitching,fielding, bullpen management...EVERYTHING. It is really hard to go back to a lower level once you get a taste of it.

Unfortunately, I am not a legendary player! As a matter of fact I probably suffered one of my worst hitting slumps while testing this set. But I kept with it and kept thorough stats on runs scored, runs allowed, hit types and percentages, scoring types and percentages, k's, walks, BABIP, first pitch %, overall pitch %, foul balls, whiff (I really suck at whiff)... I feel really confident in my slider choices based on the numbers.

These are a bit strange, but they work (at least the way I play). Here are the reasoning behind some of the more extreme changes.

HUM

I think most have come to the conclusion that Human hitting on default is really good this year. I definitely agree, with just a few minor changes, mostly to pitching. Here a some of these changes and why:

Contact: 6 - I am a borderline Legend player and I feel that the little extra tick in contact helps expand the PCI just a tad so I don't have to be absolutely perfect each time. it can be pretty aggravating to be just off for games on end. But in addition to a boost to hits, I feel that the increased edges to the PCI size add to additional hit-type variety. Plus if you really center it up, you are rewarded with the extra base or homer.

Solid Hits: 5 - lots of people seem to tweak this, but I feel that there is just too much sensitivity to high/low aim that was leading to too many choppers (especially up the line) and fly balls. Solid hits at default seem to create the variety everybody seeks, including bloopers.

Pitch Control and Pitch Consistency- 1 and 4 - seems to put me off balance just enough to always be on the edge of a pitch on the black, or either side depending on my release point. I needed a bit more consistency because the CPU is just ridiculous when you go ANYWHERE over the plate, plus wild pitches were killing me at a lower level.

CPU

The computer hitting is the main reason why I created another slider set. I think it is great that computer is challenging, but some of these rallies are a little ridiculous. Do not mistake, the computer is still LETHAL, do not feel bad for it, because the moment you let down your guard and throw an ill-advised pitch, you will pay. The have been fiddled with a ridiculous amount to find the right level that you feel that you (mostly) control your fate. It takes good pitching strategy and proper bullpen management,but I always felt in control.

Contact - 3 Believe me, the computer will still hit, even at 3. expect anywhere between 6-15 hits a game.

Power - 7 - It's important to give the CPU the clout to keep you from laying it over the plate. This is important for the appropriate balance of extra base hits as well. How extra those base hits are depends on you.

Timing-1 If you vary your pitches and velocity, you should get 6-13 k's a game, and a whiff of 20-28%

CPU Foul Frequency - 6 - admittedly, these are still a bit of a mystery to me, as the numbers always fall between 10-20% no matter which setting. These are more to increase full-counts and pitch counts.

Pitch Consistency - 4 It's nice for the CPU to make a mistake occasionally, but the main take-away here is that, with a higher setting, the CPU confidence goes up too quickly, and is very difficult to lower back down again.

Strike Frequency - 5 - I found 4 led to way too many pitches on the black, 5 makes clearer strikes and balls.

The rest have already been discussed on most every other slider board, so nothing really to add, but ask questions if you have them!

I thought it would also be good to explain HOW I play with these sliders to get the numbers in line:

1). always work the count like walks are the greatest thing you could ever obtain in the game. If you at least go in with this mindset, you will draw more walks, as well as get pitches that require very little PCI movement to get to.

2) I start with the PCI slightly up, almost framing the pitcher's release. I make sure there is at least a bit of tension to the stick (not dead-center). Move the stick around a bit prior to each pit to lock in just how little you really need to move the stick.

3)Pitching - AVOID the middle if you can, but if you do have to pitch in, at least vary your location, pitch type, and velocity. I have recently discovered the value of changing the pitch speed in tangling up the hitters as well as less wild pitches down low when you lay off the throttle a bit. Mix it up to survive.

4)ALWAYS have a couple pitchers in the bullpen ready to go if there are signs of trouble. Once the CPU makes up it's mind to attack, you really have to work to change it's mind.

5. Do pitchouts at first if the runners take that extra step. It will help keep them more at bay the rest of the at bat.

6. Mound visits to break up momentum.

7. ALWAYS throw to the cutoff man when ball is out deep ASAP or the computer will take the extra bag. It knows when you made the mistake and it will make you pay.

If I think of more I will add. Thank's for indulging my hobby!

Last edited by FenwayMac; 06-05-2018 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Added tip 7
Old 06-05-2018, 12:53 AM   #4
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

PIT (AI) @ SF (ME)

PI: 5 12 0
SF: 1 3 0

Nova (W)
8.2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 10 K

Stratton (L)
6.0 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 8 K

* had been experimenting with inflated pitch speeds (7) before this game & my timing was crazy off early on, Nova’s change-up had me falling all over myself...

-GW-
Old 06-05-2018, 01:04 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
PIT (AI) @ SF (ME)

PI: 5 12 0
SF: 1 3 0

Nova (W)
8.2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 10 K

Stratton (L)
6.0 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 8 K

* had been experimenting with inflated pitch speeds (7) before this game & my timing was crazy off early on, Nova’s change-up had me falling all over myself...

-GW-
Yeah, offspeed kills. I could not hack 7 speed on Legend, but everybody is comfortable at different speeds for sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
Pro

Three solid games to kick off my Pirates season. A pitching duel, a (received) blowout, and a strategy-filled nail-biter.

I am kicking around the idea of modifying post #1 to show my season stats as they progress. Not individual batters but the percentages stats. For one this will take less time than my milestone posts but for two it will keep me accountable for the data and KEEP ME FROM STARTING OVER! I’ll try to get this up and running tonight with the data so far.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #7
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Three solid games to kick off my Pirates season. A pitching duel, a (received) blowout, and a strategy-filled nail-biter.

I am kicking around the idea of modifying post #1 to show my season stats as they progress. Not individual batters but the percentages stats. For one this will take less time than my milestone posts but for two it will keep me accountable for the data and KEEP ME FROM STARTING OVER! I’ll try to get this up and running tonight with the data so far.
I think thats a great idea. I look forward to seeing it. You could even do a google spreadsheet and make it public and link to it. Would be faster than typing stats into posts. I can do it so fast now.

I also keep score myself, for my main franchise, on my device. Its awesome and wayyy faster than typing it out after the game. (And much more accurate, as the CPU frequently scores plays and hit types wrong) Plus i get to have all stats and percentages sortable on my phone for the last several years. It also puts it in a spreadheet form for me. Win win.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I think thats a great idea. I look forward to seeing it. You could even do a google spreadsheet and make it public and link to it. Would be faster than typing stats into posts. I can do it so fast now.

I also keep score myself, for my main franchise, on my device. Its awesome and wayyy faster than typing it out after the game. (And much more accurate, as the CPU frequently scores plays and hit types wrong) Plus i get to have all stats and percentages sortable on my phone for the last several years. It also puts it in a spreadheet form for me. Win win.
I like the idea on sharing a google link in post #1. Plus it gives me a chance to fiddle around with spreadsheets, another hobby. Thanks for the tip!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »