Home

Quick counts or 0-0 counts?

This is a discussion on Quick counts or 0-0 counts? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #1
Rookie

markwatson12's Arena

OVR: 0
Quick counts or 0-0 counts?

Which do you prefer?
Quick count and why?
0-0 count and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2019, 06:54 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Quick counts or 0-0 counts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwatson12
Which do you prefer?
Quick count and why?
0-0 count and why?
Simple answer:

Out of all the different experiences in MLB The Show (and I do play them all), I enjoy the full game of baseball experience the most. Plus I find working the count (both as a pitcher and batter) to be the most vital part of both real life baseball and baseball video games. Ultimately contact off the bat (or lack of it) is what decides the outcome of baseball games, but the cat and mouse between the pitcher and batter it what sets all of that up. Without it I feel like the entire foundation of the game is missing.

I totally get the argument of why people enjoy quick counts though (most of it related to the length of time it takes to play an entire game.). Time isn't really a factor for me when I sit down to play a baseball game, though - when I'm playing seriously in franchise I have all the presentation elements on and games can take as long as an hour and a half - I just make sure I have more time than that to dedicate to playing. I spend twice as long as that watching real baseball anyway, so it's not really a big deal to me.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #3
Rookie

markwatson12's Arena

Do you notice a difference in hitting between the 2? I notice I hit better with 0-0 than I do with quick counts. But like you said I’m one of those that likes the quicker game. I’m really struggling this year finding the right setting to help my hitting and pitching. I do 0-0 and I score 10+ runs and pitch pretty good. I do quick counts and I don’t hit well maybe score a few runs and give up 10+ pitching. So I play franchise mode and I’m last in hitting and pitching. I’ve never been this bad at this game. I play all star for both and zone hitting and meter pitching.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:12 PM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I like using quick counts on games outside of franchise when I just want to play a random game to fill sometime. Getting into a rhythm/groove while pitching and batting is one of my favorite things and also essential for me actually being effective. I found with quick counts I struggle because of the lack of context of how we got to that point in the count.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Its really hard (IMO) to switch back and forth but still, I do it any way. I like that on generated counts I can basically go up there first pitch hacking. The one thing I do hate is if I use QC, I cant just do it for hitting. When pitching, I'd much rather personally throw every pitch.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 12:13 AM   #6
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Its really hard (IMO) to switch back and forth but still, I do it any way. I like that on generated counts I can basically go up there first pitch hacking. The one thing I do hate is if I use QC, I cant just do it for hitting. When pitching, I'd much rather personally throw every pitch.
I go back and forth too. I wish I could turn it on/off and a per hitter basis sometimes.

I've always loved quick counts, not just in a time efficient way, but also in a sim sense in which it really helps even out my K and BB numbers on both sides.

What settings do you use?

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-17-2019, 12:14 AM   #7
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
I go back and forth too. I wish I could turn it on/off and a per hitter basis sometimes.

I've always loved quick counts, not just in a time efficient way, but also in a sim sense in which it really helps even out my K and BB numbers on both sides.

What settings do you use?

It's not easy finding a set up that works good with QC. But I feel like I've learned an awful lot about it I've the years

Old 07-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #8
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Played a few games with 0-0 instead of quick counts. I just bat in my Mets franchise. I feel like I get better pitches go hit 0-0, BUT after a few at bats I lose patience and never dig deep into counts. Quick counts gives me that variety of different counts to hit out of. Honestly, would love to see some 0-0 at bats tossed into quick count mode. Especially in situations you may want to bunt or just big at bat moments during certain spots in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »