Home

Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
Sounds awesome! I’m not a fan of 30 team control as it sounds very time consuming.

I am however very interested in your play style. I’ve never gone with a clean screen but I will give it a try this year. With the early release I’m planning to play through spring training games using your options with dynamic difficulty.

Just one question. Pitching without a ball marker how can you tell how much break are on the curveballs and sliders? Do you use pitchers ratings as a guideline to movement on breaking balls?

Thanks for sharing all your hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

My suggestion is when you first start going clean screen use the ball marker. This will allow you to get a good feel of each pitchers breaks. Once you turn it off you will know depending on if they are a RHP or LHP how there various pitches breaks. on either a RHB or a LHB.

Also I always throw my relief pitchers warm up pitches. Two reasons.

1. See how their stuff is moving that day.
2. Build pitch confidence (yes when you throw strikes in warm ups it builds the confidence in the respective pitches).

If I have a pitcher with 4 different pitches I throw two of each in warm ups. 3 different pitches 2-2-2 and then dealers choice on the last two. Just 2 pitches....4 and 4.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-11-2020, 10:51 AM   #10
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Armor & Swords MLB The Show 20 Classic/Directional Clean Screen Simulation Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I get that setting it up is relatively easy, but isn’t it a pain to babysit the CPU.

I really just want to play my games and take care of my franchise. I’d be willing to let the CPU take care of itself and live with the consequences.

I'm always torn on this as well.. If you control all 30 teams, you can set all the in's and outs to auto, while leaving certain things on manual.

But I always end up getting overwhelmed and go with single team control and live with it.

Only time that drives me nuts is when i cant make a trade for a guy the Mets actually get etc.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-11-2020, 10:55 AM   #11
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I'm always torn on this as well.. If you control all 30 teams, you can set all the in's and outs to auto, while leaving certain things on manual.

But I always end up getting overwhelmed and go with single team control and live with it.

Only time that drives me nuts is when i cant make a trade for a guy the Mets actually get etc.
The only thing I have on manual is lineups. The rest is set to auto. Very easy. I simply hate the lineup and pitching rotation/bullpen management/injury management of the CPU.

It is so easy to make sure their lineups are sound and realistic. Too many times they have platoons that should not be happening. Plus I play deep...in year 4 for two franchises right now and have loved the storylines and trades stories I have been able to create.

It is personal preference. But at the very least lineups for me; is a must to control.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2020, 12:42 PM   #12
Rookie

I've played The Show since its inception and was always a meter/zone player until last year when I adopted the classic/directional approach. I loved the Classic pitching but struggled a bit in my affinity for Directional hitting. And I'm curious this year how the "perfect-perfect" hits will translate to directional. Obviously the timing is up to the user but the contact is a dice-roll. With zone hitting I love when I guess right on a location (which doesn't happen much) and time everything up perfectly, see the pitch well and crush it. It is frustrating at times with Directional when you see a pitch well but pop it up or roll over on it. I know, I know that's baseball. But I'm still torn on which approach to use. Thoughts on that and the "perfect-perfect" swings? They mentioned about 2% of swings are perfect-perfect. I wonder how that will translate to Directional?
Old 03-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #13
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarEagle1212
I've played The Show since its inception and was always a meter/zone player until last year when I adopted the classic/directional approach. I loved the Classic pitching but struggled a bit in my affinity for Directional hitting. And I'm curious this year how the "perfect-perfect" hits will translate to directional. Obviously the timing is up to the user but the contact is a dice-roll. With zone hitting I love when I guess right on a location (which doesn't happen much) and time everything up perfectly, see the pitch well and crush it. It is frustrating at times with Directional when you see a pitch well but pop it up or roll over on it. I know, I know that's baseball. But I'm still torn on which approach to use. Thoughts on that and the "perfect-perfect" swings? They mentioned about 2% of swings are perfect-perfect. I wonder how that will translate to Directional?

We will soon find out. Tomorrow at midnight!!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #14
Pro

VincesVictims's Arena

Show nation it's almost time. I'm so damn excited. The show just got done down loading on my ps4 and I cant wait. 27 and a half hours.

I'm ready for year 1 of my new Braves franchise. As soon as Armor gets the sliders fine tuned I'm off and running. Tomorrow might be the longest day ever. This game has my 42 year old *** felling like a kid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-12-2020, 12:55 AM   #15
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

Armor welcome back...We appreciate all your work over the years. Super excited to get in this game and play! MLB The Show 20 looks like the real deal. Just wanted to say thank you! Grumpykore

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2020, 02:59 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 6

Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »