Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2022, 04:26 PM   #801
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisAC12
So on 30 team control to get the CPU to change their lineups freely, I would have to have that set to Auto on that profile in the franchise correct?

If I have manual on for lineups/ rotations for the 29 teams I’m not using for my actual franchise team, the CPU will not take guys out for performance or fatigue?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Fatigue yes......before a game if a guy is fatigued they will replace him and give him the day off for that specific game.

Performance.....no. The lineups will remain static until you change them.

Every two weeks I go thru each team and check performance.....literally takes me 10-20 minutes tops to make any performance related changes.

30 team control is a must IMO.....the logic unfortunately is simply horrid. And IMO has gone backwards since 20 not forwards.

But 30 team control cures all of that. And it allows you to also be a true Czar and really dig into your universe and have some fun.

Everyone should simply play the way they want.....but having 30 team control to at least right some terrible non sensical stuff is a must.

Heck you can set 40 man’s to auto too and not worry about that. The only thing you can have on manual is lineups just so you can make sure they have integrity.

I can’t play any other way.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2022, 04:27 PM   #802
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDiMaj
Hello,

I’m a new member here although I’ve lurked in all honesty since around the MVP Baseball 2005 days fwiw…hope everybody is having a great Sunday

Regarding your 30 team control manifesto:

Could you or somebody walk me through either by pm (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to receive pm’s yet) or post on this thread HOW to set up 2 profiles for one franchise mode - meaning the steps in proper order please?

I simply lack the basic knowledge for multiple profile setup, or really just understanding how, period - this would be for the PS5

I don’t know how to create nor apply both profiles to franchise mode and I’m completely intrigued by the possibilities!

If somebody could please take the time to walk me through it?

Thank you in advance to The Show community for your time!

Once the Yankee/Royals game is over I will be hoping on my PS5 and answer this question for you step by step.

It is really easy.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-01-2022, 04:36 PM   #803
Rookie

dragster646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Once the Yankee/Royals game is over I will be hoping on my PS5 and answer this question for you step by step.

It is really easy.
You sold me on 30 team control. Thankfully my game glitched and I had to restart (having some graphics issues on Switch..imagine that) so the Bellinger/Devers trade was deleted, but I don't want anything like that happening again lol.

Will you be doing the step by step on here or via Twitch?
Old 05-01-2022, 04:39 PM   #804
Rookie

Quote:
Fatigue yes......before a game if a guy is fatigued they will replace him and give him the day off for that specific game.

Performance.....no. The lineups will remain static until you change them.

Every two weeks I go thru each team and check performance.....literally takes me 10-20 minutes tops to make any performance related changes.

30 team control is a must IMO.....the logic unfortunately is simply horrid. And IMO has gone backwards since 20 not forwards.

But 30 team control cures all of that. And it allows you to also be a true Czar and really dig into your universe and have some fun.

Everyone should simply play the way they want.....but having 30 team control to at least right some terrible non sensical stuff is a must.

Heck you can set 40 man’s to auto too and not worry about that. The only thing you can have on manual is lineups just so you can make sure they have integrity.

I can’t play any other way.

Thank you very much. So they will take players out purely out of necessity (fatigue or injury). Otherwise if I feel a young 2b on a bad team should get some playtime, I’ll have to put him in myself.

Thank you Armor.

Old 05-01-2022, 06:19 PM   #805
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
Huge trade with the Padres.

Gallo has been dealt along with Jordan Montgomery for:

Blake Snell
Mackenzie Gore
Matthew Liberatore

Gallo is hitting .222 HR 14 RBI 25
Montgomery has been rough but is still a 79 B potential LHP

Snell has been getting hit 2-3 with a 5.60 era.

Gallo is young and the Padres just added a huge power bat and defensive stud in LF to an already potent lineup.

The Yankees were not resigning Gallo and just added a veteran LHP starting arm with one more year on his deal.

And added two young LHP prospects.

The deal was pretty even and it remains to be seen if the two young arms every pan out.

A Bryan Reynolds trade coming up, or are you just rolling with Judge, Stanton, and Hicks, the rest of the season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #806
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
A Bryan Reynolds trade coming up, or are you just rolling with Judge, Stanton, and Hicks, the rest of the season?

Gonna roll with the twin towers and Hicks.

We got Dominguez waiting in the wings for 2023!

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-01-2022, 07:05 PM   #807
Rookie

Quote:

It is really easy.
Sir,

Thank You so much - this the first time I’ve ever given defensive control to the ai - pre loading throws can keep animations and transitions very smooth however, there’s really no comparison

For example, an outfielders ability to read the ball of the bat, his path or route, and his aggressiveness or indecision really all come into play on his reaction rating and that is accurately reflected in turning over fielding to the computer…

There’s just so much in this game…at the turn of the Millennium, there was High Heat for PC that was ported to the PS2 - the graphics were horrible but the AI was phenomenal…by 2005, MVP Baseball had evolved and really had become the Gold Standard - in particular, both the AI and the impact of sliders were a revelation and, I imagine the product of lessons learned from MVP 2004 when sliders really couldn’t achieve the desired results and the was both brilliant yet severely lacking…

The Show is phenomenal! I’m honestly new to the franchise - I bought it as the first generation release for the PS3 back in 2008 but the combination of lack of time and Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on Xbox Live was, unfortunately, like Crack…

Anyway, coming back and seeing the effort put into this product by the community is just amazing! The passion that I see you all have for the game the sport, and just wanting a great experience is a lot of fun and has been over the years, to read about here.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:16 PM   #808
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDiMaj
Sir,

Thank You so much - this the first time I’ve ever given defensive control to the ai - pre loading throws can keep animations and transitions very smooth however, there’s really no comparison

For example, an outfielders ability to read the ball of the bat, his path or route, and his aggressiveness or indecision really all come into play on his reaction rating and that is accurately reflected in turning over fielding to the computer…

There’s just so much in this game…at the turn of the Millennium, there was High Heat for PC that was ported to the PS2 - the graphics were horrible but the AI was phenomenal…by 2005, MVP Baseball had evolved and really had become the Gold Standard - in particular, both the AI and the impact of sliders were a revelation and, I imagine the product of lessons learned from MVP 2004 when sliders really couldn’t achieve the desired results and the was both brilliant yet severely lacking…

The Show is phenomenal! I’m honestly new to the franchise - I bought it as the first generation release for the PS3 back in 2008 but the combination of lack of time and Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare on Xbox Live was, unfortunately, like Crack…

Anyway, coming back and seeing the effort put into this product by the community is just amazing! The passion that I see you all have for the game the sport, and just wanting a great experience is a lot of fun and has been over the years, to read about here.

Awesome post!

We will post step by step instructions soon….just not in front of the console yet.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »