Home

Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2022, 04:37 PM   #1
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Sliders

Hello OS Show Nation!!!! Well this is a surprise....and my friends it is such a sweet one at that. It was well known I was passing on The Show for the second straight year (I might have picked it up late cycle to check out the presentation improvements etc) as we are hardcore and head deep into MLB 20 The Show (and we still are folks as we will continue Yankees Year 6 and our Classic Franchises on that game). My lovely wife and amazing son sprung a major surprise on me on 3/31/22 with a pre-ordered MVP Edition Steelcase which we were able to pick up at Gamestop late last night. I was stunned. And you now what....I am so happy they did. What a return to form for me personally. Let’s just skip the revisionist history on MLB 21 and say SDS totally redeemed themselves on the gameplay and presentation front in a huge way with this years offering. You really have to play it to believe it on the PS5 or XBOX X to understand just how much of a leep we really got with gameplay, Presentation and Audio. Just jaw dropping stuff if you are a long time fan of this series like myself.

So with that......we are back this cycle and we are developing a HOF slider set for this years game.

For all of those who have used my sliders in the past you know the drill. We play with a totally clean screen. No visual aides what so ever, utilizing the Classic pitching and Directional hitting interfaces.

When you dive into my approach at playing MLB The Show keep an open mind. Dare yourself to dream of playing every pitch of every inning so the magic of baseball can unfold for you over the course of this cycle. I can assure you if can make an effort to play at least 120-162 games you will get the full monty of what makes MLB The Show the greatest console sports game on the planet. The “little things” really shine and you will see things in game 100 that you never saw in the previous 99. Believe me, trust me and dive in. Endure a month long cold spell at the plate. Endure a month long shellacking of your pitching staff as you grasp at reasons of WTF is going on.....that will make that 15 game winning streak, that 10 game hitting streak, that monster run of scoring 50 runs in 6 games, that 3 HR game, hitting for the cycle, getting to the post season, WINNING THE WORLD SERIES that much sweeter.

Trust the settings, trust the dice rolls, and try to get better!

1. Sample size - Please play 25-35 games before jumping off a bridge because you can’t hit or pitch. Also be honest with yourself about your skill level and ability. Especially when it comes to hitting. The Show emulates hitting so well. And guess what? It is the hardest thing to do in all of sports. That is why we have guys playing football on Sundays (they cannot hit a 95 MPH fastball nor want any part of standing in the dish facing that kind of heat coming at their head). Adjust pitch speed down or up if you find it too difficult or too easy.

2. Buy into the clean screen approach and embrace this way of playing - Turn off those visual guides, cues and arrows. Do not use guess pitch. It all makes you a lousy player. Learn how to play baseball. Use your eye’s and instinct’s. Sit on pitches, have patience at the plate, learn what good pitch sequencing is all about when you are on the bump. This is not an entry level way of playing. Clean screen is hardcore simulation style baseball. Our timing and our IQ coupled with player ratings determines our ultimate success.

Version 2.00 5/07/22

Batting and Baserunning:

Hitting Difficulty: HOF

Hitting Interface Directional

Input Type - Buttons

Plate Coverage Indicator - Off

Camera Shift - Off

In-Play View Offense - Broadcast

Hitting View: Fisheye (Users Choice)

Ball Trail - Off

Button Interface: Classic

Guess Pitch: Off

Baserunner Interface: Default

Baserunning Decisions: Assist

Sliding Decisions: Assist

Runner Window: Off (Much more challenging and rewarding plus cleaner screen)

Pitching:

Pitching Difficulty: HOF

Pitching Interface: Classic

Pitching View: Broadcast

Pitching Ball Marker: Off ("On" for those that struggle with it off)

Pitch Confidence: On

Pitch Delay: Normal

API: Default

Fielding:

Throwing Interface: Buttons

Throwing Meter: Off

Throwing Difficulty: NA

Throwing Decision: Off

Throw Canceling: On

Fielding Decision: Auto

Defensive Shift: Manual

All Indicators - Off

Fielding View Offense: Broadcast

Fielding View Defense: Broadcast

General

Strike Zone: Off

Hot Zones: Off

Warm Up Relievers - Off

Balks: Off

Tutorial Tips - Off

Post Game Auto Save - Off

Umpire Balls and Strikes: Personalized

Umpire Close Plays: On

Check Swing Appeals: On

Injuries: On

Ejections: On

Scorebar Display - On

Pitch Select Display - Off

Swing/Pitch Info - Off

Vibration - Off

Game Log Order - Default

Presentation Options

Presentation Mode - Broadcast

Pre Pitch Cameras - Batting Only

Frequency - High Leverage

Batter Walkup - On

In-game Ticker - On

Closed Captioning - Off

Gameplay Sliders

Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity - user choice (I do not use it)

Human Contact - 7 (+1)

Human Power - 5

Human Timing - 5

Stride Difficulty - 5

Human Foul Frequency - 4

Human Solid Hits - 4

Human Starter Stamina - 8 (+1)

Human Reliever Stamina - 7 (+1)

Human Pitcher Control - 5

Human Pitcher Consistency - 5 (+1)

CPU Contact - 5 (-1)

CPU Power - 5

CPU Timing - 5

CPU Foul Frequency - 4

CPU Solid Hits - 3 (-3)

CPU Starter Stamina - 8 (+1)

CPU Reliever Stamina - 7 (+1)

CPU Pitcher Control - 5 (-1)

CPU Pitcher Consistency - 5

CPU Strike Frequency - 5

CPU Manager Hook - 5 (set up 12 man rotations for CPU and put no pitcher in the LRP slot. 13 man staff’s cause logic issues longterm for the CPU)

CPU Pickoffs - 5

Fastball Pitch Speed - 5

Off speed Pitch Speed - 5

Fielding Errors Infield - 6

Fielding Errors Outfield - 6

Throwing Errors Infield - 5 (-1)

Throwing Errors Outfield - 5

Fielder Run Speed - 4

Fielder Reaction - 4

Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 5 (+1)

Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 5

Baserunner Speed - 5

Baserunner Steal Ability - 6

Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5

Wind - 5

In Game Injuries - 8 (-2)

Simulated Injuries - 6

Trade Slider Spring Training - 7

Trade Slider 5 - April

Trade Slider 5 - May

Trade Slider 6 - June

Trade Slider 10 - July

Trade Slider 5 - August

Trade Slider 5 - September

Trade Slider 5 - October

Trade Slider 10 - November thru February

Armor’s True Classic Pitching Clean Screen Approach

For the ultimate in simulation and challenge here is the way I play The Show with classic pitching vs the CPU.

OK so here is the deal on turning off the R2/pitch types button showing on screen.

All you need to do to see your pitchers repertoire is press right on the d-pad and hit R1 and you will see in order his pitch selection (and you can access this screen to see his strike % throughout the game with his various pitches to see how he is dealing and this eliminates the crutch of the pitch confidence display explained later)

So you press d-pad left and then R1 and see this:

1.4FB

2.SL

3.SPL

4.CHG

That means:

4FB = X = 1 finger

SL = O = 2 fingers

SPL = Triangle = 3 fingers

CHG = Square = 4 fingers

4 Fingers and wiggle means his 5th pitch (R1)

Now you know his best to weakest.

Watch the catcher....if he has 2 fingers showing he wants you to throw a Slider. If he shows 4 fingers he wants a Change up.

I typically allow my catcher to call some of my pitches for me. But I will overrule him often when I want. If you want to see where he wants it pull back R2 and the location icon will flash. The catcher also will sometimes just pat his mitt and/or point inside or outside and I will just aim to that area of the zone (or out of it). Or again I will shake him off. Remember if your controller rumbles while your picking your location the marker (which you can't see) is out of the strike zone. A slight rumble is barely out of the zone..and strong rumble is way out of the zone. I no longer use the controller vibration but I wanted to give some guidance to those that still do.

I do start pitches out of the zone like sliders, cutters, splitters etc and they come back in based on the break and spin. It takes practice....but it is well worth the reward.

Now if your pitcher has 5 pitches 4 fingers and a wiggle will mean the pitch assigned to the R1 button.

Another cool thing is you no longer see a pitchers confidence in any particular pitch. Again simply press d-pad left and R1 once and you can see each pitch and the strike %. The more strikes you have thrown with a pitch the higher the confidence level will be in that pitch.

When you have played the game as long as I have....you know if your throwing a certain pitch for strikes a lot...they will have a lot more confidence in it. I am at a stage with this game where I don't need any visual aides or the controller vibration while pitching (or hitting for that matter). But if your not there yet turn the pitch type screen back.....play the game the way your comfortable playing it.

I will tell you though the layers of simulation by pitching this way is amazing and fun. Turning the ball marker off and no controller vibration also truly makes it challenging and realistic. Sometimes your pitches will not go where you want them.

Just like IRL!!!

Give this a shot. I have a feeling you will love it. It will take some getting used to...but after a dozen to a couple of dozen games you will be in the groove.

When pitching in classic, you have about a 1 second time period before you get the controller vibration (i.e. max-effort). The following are my observations...

Max effort pitches (holding the button down till the vibration) result in the following:

More velocity

Less control

A sharper break on breaking pitches

Pitches tend to rise more

Minimum effort pitches (tapping the button) results in the following:

Less velocity

Better control

"Loopier" breaking balls (especially curves/sliders

Pitches sink more (due to lower velo) - changeups will pretty constantly wind up in the dirt

In many cases, an "intermediate" duration is optimal. However, you can vary this from pitch to pitch (i.e. like a pitcher adding/subtracting from the speed of the pitch). This is a tremendous way to keep hitters off-balance to help to avoid them getting solid contact/timing.

This is just a basic overview...I'm sure there are more subtleties involved.

Armor’s Directional Hitting Approach

It is all situational for me. So many factors depending on the type of hitter, counts, situation, score etc etc.

First off as far as swing types and counts:

Normal Swing:

0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-1, 2-2, 3-2

Contact swing:

All Pitchers (if you play traditional no DH in NL or classic rosters)

0-2, 1-2,

2-2, 3-2

Situational - with weaker hitters to make contact and move runners or sacrifice fly.

Power Swing only with my very best power hitters when I typically have no one on with no outs or no one on with 2 outs.

0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 (green light) 3-1 counts.

Directional strategy:

I position the LS pre pitch and hold throughout the swing however as you know I do not use the visual aide showing the influence (don't need it).

Dead Pull Contact Hitters if the situation calls for a pull

LS at the 9 o'clock for RH 3 o'clock for left handers

Hitters counts only 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-1

Pull Power Hitters with normal swing

LS position

10/11 o'clock positions for RH hitters

1/2 o'clock for LH hitters

Hitters counts only 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-1

Opposite field strategy for RH hitters so I can hit behind the runner...early in counts and hitter counts (0-0, 1-0, 2-0 or 3-1) LS is at 3'clock for LH hitters at 9 o'clock

If I get into a pitchers count or neutral count (0-1, 0-2, 1-1, 2-2, 3-2) I do not use stick influence but I allow the ball to travel deep so I can either slap it the other way or fight it off.

When I simply want to induce a sac fly or ground ball....LS in 12 o'clock or 6 o'clock respectively in hitters counts only.

So I think you can see my approach. In hitters counts I can be far more selective with my pitches and use the LS influence. Basically depending on what I want to do I am looking for one pitch in one spot on 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-1 counts (I rarely green light on 3-0 unless I am up big or down big or have a gut feeling). When I am in pitchers counts or neutral accounts I am simply using my normal or contact swing with no stick influence as I am in battle mode and trying to work the count.

I hope that gives you a good idea of my approach at the dish.

Armor’s Ultimate 30 Team Control Manifesto

So folks I seem to always get a lot of questions around 30 team control, is it for me, how much control do you use, why do you use it etc. So I want to talk about the why, how and pretty much what I do personally with my 30 team control universe in my proper Franchise.

Why 30 team control? Well for me it comes down to these 3 key points

1) Lineup integrity and control - I want to make sure lineups are logical and maximizing every teams talent. This is subjective to the player as well. What I may think makes sense, you may do something differently. Always remember it is your universe and you can shape it any way you want. But I want to make sure every team is getting the best out of their lineup and present me with a challenge. The lineup Logic as not really touched again on 22.

2) Trade Czar - I love trading. But I hate dumb trades, like real doozy type trades that make no sense for the present or the future. And they do sometimes occur....of course it's totally my opinion to decide to step in if I need to. So if I see a trade that fit's my definition of "being bent over with no lube" I will simply reverse it. So to reverse a doozy of a deal simply trade the assets back to each respective team. The team that clearly got the strong side of the deal is the one you should propose the trade back to the team that was fleeced. I rarely reverse trades to be frank....it really needs to be just plain bad logic for that to happen. But you will see them at some point depending how many seasons you play.

3) 40 Man Roster Integrity - I make sure I stay on top of each teams 40 man roster in terms of "A" and "B" prospects. Why? I don't want legit "A" and "B" prospects who are developing nicely to be exposed to the "Rule 5" draft. So Before September I make sure (and of course before the regular season starts) I go through each teams 40 and check out their "top" prospects and make sure I get them on the 40 man roster (if they are not on it) to protect them from exposure to the Rule 5 draft if they are about to meet the service time that dictates them being exposed if not on the 40 man roster. Of course sometimes there is not enough room, because you do need a good mix of veterans at the AAA level to be on call for potential injuries. So this is a GM aspect I like to do. Plus it get's me familiar with every teams minor league system.

So I create one profile for my club with everything set to manual and then I have a profile called "CPU Franchise" which I assign to every team I do not want full control over.

Everything on this CPU Franchise profile is set to Auto except:

Lineups

40 Man Roster

I do not resign the other 29 teams free agents (I just do contract extensions as outlined later), I do not manage their injuries (I just stay on top of their lineups so if an injury occurs at the big league level and I do not agree with their call-up replacement or lineups with new player inserted I correct it to my liking). I also make sure they place guys on the proper IL time. Sometimes you will see a guy sitting on the 10 day with 3-4 month injury. I will move them to the 60 day.

Again, it is about options and the ability to step in when I want/need to. I do not get overwhelmed with doing player training or scouting for the other 29 teams.

I simply just manage those 3 things I mentioned above.

And of course another perk is if I want to switch teams in a franchise at anytime....I can.

So here is my daily method with 30 team control

Simulate all games on the schedule for the day except my game. That way all the scores show up on my ticker when I play my game.

Monthly I will check every team's stat's, see who is performing well etc and I may make some lineup adjustments to other teams to capitalize on players performing better than expected.

Again it is your universe. Have fun with it. And don't over think it

Trades for your team - So one thing I have in place is a house rule where I only trade with other teams for players that are strictly on the trading block until the month of July or earlier (when my storylines will take over as I check standings and teams goals, budget etc etc). Unless a team comes to me with an offer with a player/players not on their trading block, I limit myself to that rule. Some exceptions I will make is if I am trying to make a blockbuster multi star player deal and of course I do not fleece the CPU. What's the fun in that? Maybe it is for you and you can do whatever you want, but for me, I like to keep it grounded and more realistic. With that I do have storylines that will occur in the natural progression of my team and I may move a guy because of it. And again.....Trade deadline and Winter meetings I will look at the league and make logical deals and blockbuster trades as well and keep my league fresh and vibrant.

So I will dice roll if teams are able to pull off the trades or not.

Using Random.org we will generate a random number 1-100

0-50 - able to make the offer

0-33 offer accepted

MID-SEASON CONTRACT EXTENSIONS WITH 30 TEAM CONTROL

Before July 31st (End of the trade deadline and after all trades have been consummated by all teams) I go to each team and look at their top 3-5 players up for an extension that are not arbitration eligible and not a renewable contract.

I use a random number generator:

0-33 I extend them to the max green contract demands they have in years in dollars.

34-100 whatever happens…..happens.

I only do this mid season every year.

Works nicely.

Player Editing Within Your Franchise Universe

So Warmwind has a nice set of house rules that I employ in my off-seasons. Read below. I think it has great idea’s and will make your franchises far more dynamic!

I do edits, but based on rules.

1. I make position edits based on needs and profiles all the time. There are no consequences for doing this.

2. I'm allowed to trade 1 for 1 between a pitcher's durability and their stamina, but only during the off season. This can coincide with a position edit (RP to SP for example).

3. All players must be allowed to regress without edits if they are having a bad year.

4. For players under 34, I'm allowed to counteract regression, but only if they are having a typical good year based on their career averages.

5. For players under 36, I'm allowed to counteract half of the regression, but only if they are having a good year based on their career averages.

6. For players of any age, I'm allowed to counteract regression using a trade system, where points from one attribute are traded into another in order to keep it up. This can ONLY be used to counteract regression, cannot be used to boost an attribute higher then where it started the year at. Points taken from Durability are worth double, but it also costs double to keep Durability up.

Player Training Method

I had a discussion many years ago about the in’s and out’s of player training with an SDS Developer. And here is the best method as explained by him to employ inside your franchise.

1. Set the training you want for each position group so you can keep track easily month to month.

2. To get the optimal training results it should be a month at a time.

3. What I do is set up training at the start of Spring Training, And then again at the start of the regular season. And moving forward at the beginning of each month I change the training for each position group accordingly.

4. Obviously you can employ whatever you want in terms of mixing it up for different players etc etc. But for me I keep it simple and employ the same training for each position group as w note each month. So for example. For all Starting Pitchers I set up pitching coach for a month, for all Relievers I set up Bullpen Sessions and for all closers I set up Simulated Game....then the following month I will set up three different trainings for those three groups. I do the same for position players as well. For all my OF’s we have weight training for a month, then hitting coach, then defensive drills for a month etc etc etc.

Managing Draft Picks Around The League

I make sure I have a Draft Log for each team after the June Draft. I notate each player’s name and position. I then do the following:

1. Update and edit ages - We don’t want 23-25 year old rookies We will edit them back down to college graduates at age 21

2. Update equipment to authentic gear, fix odd faces and facial hair

Have fun with it guys!

The Injury Matrix

MLB The Show’s injury system does not have enough “result of the grind” injuries for position players and pitchers. So we came up with this random number dice roll system that you can implement. I think it is a great way to really add a nice layer of strategy to your 162 game franchise and post season if you make it that far. So here is how it works. And it really takes less than 2 minutes to do for a player or pitcher in question.

Position Players:

If you ever get the notification from your coaching staff that a player can use a day off and you decide to ignore that and play them you take the risk of a minor to major injury. Of course if the game itself doles out an injury to them in the actual game.....well....go with it. So here is how it works. It is based on your players durability rating and two random dice rolls using:

https://www.random.org

When using the above random number generator (which you will find on the right side) set it from 0-100

Here is the Injury Matrix for both Ridins Full Minors/SDS Live/Stock Roster:

Durability Rating/dice roll results

90+ = 0-10 results in injury

80-89 = 0-20 results in injury

70-79 = 0-25 results in injury

60-78 = 0-33 results in injury

45-59 = 0-45 results in injury

0-45 = 0-50 results in injury

Injury severity scale (you can assign whatever injury type you want based on length)

Dice roll/results

0-35 results in 7-10 day injury

36-50 results in 14-20 day injury

51-75 results in 20-45 day injury

76-86 results in 60 day plus injury

87-99 results in “out for the season”

Pitchers are a little tricky and require some effort on your part. Again this is entirely up to you. But this adds another layer of strategy and creates more storylines for your universe!

Starting Pitchers. When you start your game simply check your starting pitchers energy bar before you throw the first pitch. If the energy bar is less than full this could result in a fatigue like injury. So if you decide to use a starter with less than a full energy bar and he pitches 5 full innings or 80 pitches (whichever is higher and by that I mean if he goes 6 innings and 79 pitches you are good, but if he goes 7 innings and 80 pitches he goes into the injury Matrix below):

Pitcher Durability scale/result

80-100 :0-10 will result in miss next start

70-79 :0-15 will result in miss next start

60-69 :0-20 will result in miss next start

0-59 :0-35 will result in miss next start

For your bullpen. This will require you to eyeball this. And again it is up to you.

First off. A universal rule I use is if a guy is used 3 straight days they automatically go into the injury Matrix.

With your bullpen just use the same exact scale for starters and use it only if their energy bar is 70% or less. Their missed time will be 7-10 days if they get the dice roll not in their favor.

Coachmod’s card modifier system (adopted from his MLB 18 slider set)

OS member Coachmod came up with this really awesome card modifier system you can use before every game in your franchise. I am adopting it along with Dowies Wind Random Number modification. Please reference just the card results below and ignore his slider settings as this will work terrific with the slider set as well. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask in the thread. Please do note if you have a rain game adjust wind and throwing errors plus one (for both the CPU and HUM) in addition to any other modifiers you have after you draw your three cards for that game and also for your mod game wind RNG as well.

Dowies Wind Modifier System

A very simply random number check when you get to the 5th innings. Use random.org and generate a number between 1-10 and use the table below:

1-3 Move Wind Slider to 2

4-7 Stays at 5

8-10 Move to 10

If it is a rain game move wind slider and throwing errors for both HUM/CPU up +1. Then do a Wind check in the top of the 5th and if it is raining the modifier will be in addition to the rain mod of +1 (so if the number comes up 1 2 or 3 and it is a rain game your wind slider goes from 6 down to 3 keeping that +1 for the rain, if it was not a rain game the wind slider would go down to two for the same result).

30 Team Control Team Sponsorship Matrix

Mikeyo918’s 30 Team Control Sponsership Method and Approach

WILL ONLY WORK WITH 30 TEAM CONTROL

1. NYY - Earnings 12 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 25K/game, Active replay - 2.5K/hit, Walk up - 40K/win

2. LAD - Earnings 12.1 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 25k/game, Active replay - 2.5K/hit, Walk up - 40K/win

3. BOS - Earnings 7.5 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 2.5K/hit

4. CHC - Earnings 8.6 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 3.5K/strikeout

5. SFG - Earnings 7.8 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

6. NYM - Earnings 7.2 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 40K/win

7. STL - Earnings 8.7 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

8. LAA - Earnings 7.6 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 2.5K/hit

9. PHI - Earnings 7.4 MIL (all diamonds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 40K/win

10. HOU - Earnings 8.1 MIL (1 diamond/1 gold)

In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 15K/homerun

11. WAS - Earnings 6.8 MIL (1 diamond/1 gold)

In game ticker - 25K/game, Walk up - 2K/hit

12. ATL - Earnings 6.1 MIL (all golds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 2K/hit

13. TEX - Earnings 5.8 MIL (all golds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 2K/hit

14. CWS - Earnings 6.8 MIL (all golds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 15K/homerun

15. SEA- Earnings 5.5 MIL (all golds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 55K/save

16. TOR - Earnings 4.8 MIL (all golds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 15K/double play

17. SDP - Earnings 5.2 MIL (all golds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 3.5K/run

18. ARI - Earnings 5.6 MIL (all golds for sponsor)

In game ticker - 20K/game, Walk up - 20K/stolen base

19. BAL - Earnings 4.4 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 1.5K/hit

20. PIT - Earnings 3.7 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 20K/win

21. DET- Earnings 3.8 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 10K/homerun

22. COL - Earnings 4 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 2.5K/run

23. MIN - Earnings 5 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 10K/homerun

24. MIL - Earnings 4.5 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 1.5K/hit

25. CLE - Earnings 3.3 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 10K/double play

26. OAK - Earnings 3.5 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 15K/stolen base

27. CIN - Earnings 4.4 MIL (all silvers for sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game, Walk up - 1.5K/homerun

28. KC - Earnings 2.4 MIL (1 silver sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game

29. TB - Earnings 2.4 MIL (1 silver sponsor)

In game ticker -15K/game

30. MIA - Earnings 2.4 MIL (1 silver sponsor)

In game ticker - 15K/game

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-03-2022 at 03:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 04:38 PM   #2
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

2022 New York Yankees Official Franchise New Wire

Year 1 News Wire

Twin Towers Return And Try To Build Off Great 2021 Season To Lead Yankees To The Promised Land

As the Yankees return for the 2022 season a smile comes upon Giancarlo Stanton’s face when Aaron Judges name is mentioned. “That’s my shield”. Stanton is correct. Judge who hit’s second in the lineup ahead of Stanton who slot’s in 3rd in the lineup...is the ultimate protector in this lineup that is filled with power. However the focus for both these giants in pinstripes is staying healthy again and making hard contact even more often than they managed in 2021. Manager Aaron Boone is under some pressure as he enters into this new Yankees season. With long time Yankees GM Brian Cashman relieved of his duties.....there is a new sheriff in town. Michael Sword comes into 2022 as a wise, savy yet older school GM. His vision of this team has a slightly different spin then his predecessor. “I want to build some more team speed, more contact and plus defense”. Sword has his work cut out for him. Can he be patient with one time SS now 2B phenom Gleyber Torres? How long before he has seen enough of Joey Gallo striking out 5-6 times before he even makes contact will he be able to take? Will he keep Aason Hicks around to finish out is team friendly number of 10MM per year for the next 2 years? Is Luis Severino going to be given an extension? Many question abound and Boone is right in this thick of this Yankee Riddle.

“I have a great lineup here that Brian put together, but Hal felt the time was here for a change in the front office. I have an enormous amount of respect for Michael and his baseball acumen and also appreciate his fundamental differences from Brian in roster construction. I think he will be able to navigate this season and makes things happen or he may see we have this and can win with this group of guys”.

“I want to make one thing real clear....Brian Cashman is and was a great GM and I am coming in here to build on the Yankee legacy” Said Sword in his first Q&A with the NY press. “Resigning Aaron is our #1 priority. He is lifetime Yankee and we will make that clear to him at some point this season with a handsome extension.....he is not on the block, he will be here for life and we look forward to that”.

“Giancarlo is also a key piece of our puzzle and I want Aaron and Giancarlo to be that foundation of power forbears to come”.

There had been rumors of Stanton being shopped around but his contract is a huge stumbling block for a lot of teams.

“I can't imagine anyone else hitting behind me here in NY” said Judge. “We have grown close and we feel we are going to bring it home this season and create a new run of titles for the city”.

One thing is certain.....it seems everyone else is on the table. Sword is watching carefully at how Torres can rebound from a subpar 2021 and also is Joey Gallo a piece he can move for some depth if they are contending”.

The farm system has some fantastic prospects in SS’s Anthony Volpe and Oswald Peraza who are believed to be 2023 guys. And OF Jasson Dominguez also he looked upon as a 2023 guy. Then you have C Austin Wells and another SS in Trey Sweeny.....the pipeline is deep and will Sword move one or 2 of these pieces to solidify a World Series run now?

“I want to see if this roster as constructed can make that run we expect. I love our farm system depth and feel that can only enhance this teams future prospects”.

The Yankees open on the road in the Lone Star State playing 4 at Texas and then 3 at Houston.

Get ready......buckle up. Yankees Baseball is back!!!

The Birdman Returns To N.Y.

The road is tough for some players when they are drafted into the MLB. Greg Bird has had that tough road. Once a highly touted Yankees prospect, he was viewed as the future at 1B. And for good reason. His swing.....just about perfect. Smooth, fluid, natural and his glove was always never questioned.

Injuries have plagued Birds career and the Yankees had to finally move on. He had temporary stops in Colorado, Texas and then Toronto. He then requested to be released from his minor league contract from the loaded Blue Jays so he can have one last dance with the team that drafted him.

Greg is being given a second chance in the Bronx as GM Michael Sword sees something. “Greg looks fit, healthy and that swing has not lost a beat. I think he can potentially make his way up to the 26 man at some point this season and help this team win”.

It will be an interesting road yet again for The Birdman. Let’s hope we get to cheer him again.

Year 1 April Recap

Yankees Have a Rough Start, Lose 3 Key Pitchers to Injury

New York Yankees Depth Chart - 2022
  • Catcher
  • Jose Trevino
  • Kyle Higashioka
  • First Base
  • Anthony Rizzo
  • Greg Bird
  • Second Base
  • Gleyber Torres
  • Marwin Gonzalez
  • Third Base
  • DJ LeMahieu
  • Josh Donaldson
  • Shortstop
  • Isiah Kiner-Falefa
  • Gleyber Torres
  • Marwin Gonzalez
  • Left Field
  • Ginacarlo Stanton
  • Aaron Hicks
  • Center Field
  • Joey Gallo
  • Aaron Hicks
  • Right Field
  • Aaron Judge
  • Aaron Hicks
  • Starting Pitcher
  • Deivi Garcia
  • Jordan Montgomery
  • Jameson Taillon
  • Nestor Cortes Jr
  • Luis Gil
  • Relief Pitcher
  • Chad Green
  • Lucas Luetge
  • Zack Britton
  • Clay Holmes
  • Clarke Schmidt
  • Closer
  • Ardolis Chapman
  • Jonathan Loaisiga
  • Designated Hitter
  • Greg Bird
  • Josh Donaldson
  • Disabled List
  • Gerrit Cole
  • Luis Severino
  • Domingo German
  • Ben Rortvedt
  • Michael King
  • Oswaldo Cabrera

The Yankees finished the month of April at 13-15 sitting 3.5 games out of first place. It was a a month of lot’s of maybe’s with 5 losses decided by 2 runs or less. The bats have been uneven, pitching uneven.....just everything quite uneven. However a month does not make a season. But what is troubling is the loss of two top of the rotation starters in Gerrit Cole (1-2 months broken hand) and Luis Severino (1-2 months strained Labrum). Domingo German is only a week away from coming back so that will be a welcomed return. But right now.....losing Cole is a big issue. The hope is he will be back in 30 days vs 60 days. The Yankees plan on trying to solider through May without him and have no intentions of making any moves.....yet.

Let’s take a look at the all the scores and series results thus far.

Yankees at Rangers

Game 1 - Yankees 6 Rangers 5
Game 2 - Yankees 2 Rangers 1
Game 3 - Rangers 7 Yankees 2
Game 4 - Rangers 5 Yankees 1

Yankees at Astros

Game 1 - Yankees 7 Astros 3
Game 2 - Yankees 2 Astros 1
Game 3 - Astros 4 Yankees 0

Yankees vs Red Sox

Game 1 - Red Sox 13 Yankees 11
Game 2 - Yankees 2 Red Sox 1
Game 3 - Red Sox 7 Yankees 4

Yankees vs Blue Jays

Game 1 - Yankees 8 Blue Jays 4
Game 2 - Blue Jays 7 Yankees 0
Game 3 - Blue Jays 1 Yankees 0
Game 4 - Blue Jays 12 Yankees 4

Yankees at Orioles

Game 1 - Orioles 4 Yankees 3
Game 2 - Orioles 4 Yankees 1
Game 3 - Yankees 11 Orioles 2

Yankees at Tigers

Game 1 - Tigers 3 Yankees 1
Game 2 - Tigers 2 Yankees 1
Game 3 - Yankees 4 Tigers 1

Yankees vs Guardians

Game 1 - Yankees 2 Guardians 0
Game 2 - Guardians 8 Yankees 5
Game 3 - Guardians 6 Yankees 3

Yankees vs Orioles

Game 1 - Yankees 11 Orioles 4
Game 2 - Orioles 11 Yankees 1
Game 3 - Yankees 7 Orioles 6

Yankees at Royals

Game 1 - Royals 2 Yankees 0
Game 2 - Yankees 4 Royals 3
Game 3 - Yankees 8 Royals 6

MLB Standings - Updated: Apr 30, 2022
AL EASTWLGBRSRA
Orioles1611117105
Blue Jays16120.5118106
Red Sox15131.511395
Rays13143.010082
Yankees13153.5106124
AL CENTRALWLGBRSRA
White Sox1611128106
Royals15121.09693
Tigers15131.5108111
Guardians14142.5111101
Twins8198.091144
AL WESTWLGBRSRA
Mariners1611146106
Angels15131.5127109
Athletics13153.5111154
Rangers12164.5121128
Astros9187.0102126
AL WILD CARD RACEWLGBRSRA
Blue Jays1612118106
Royals15129693
Angels15130.5127109
Red Sox15130.511395
Tigers15130.5108111
Guardians14141.5111101
Rays13142.010082
Yankees13152.5106124
NL EASTWLGBRSRA
Braves1810112103
Nationals16122.0125110
Mets15122.510290
Marlins14133.5113116
Phillies14133.510593
NL CENTRALWLGBRSRA
Cubs151210499
Brewers14141.5117108
Reds11164.0105135
Cardinals9186.0104114
Pirates9196.586143
NL WESTWLGBRSRA
Dodgers189135103
Padres17111.5141105
Giants13145.015116
Rockies13145.0105102
Diamondbacks10188.592119
NL WILD CARD RACEWLGBRSRA
Padres1711141105
Nationals1612125110
Mets15120.510290
Marlins14131.5113116
Phillies14131.510593
Brewers14142.0117108
Giants13142.5105116

Yankees Year 1 Month of April Player Statistics

2022 New York Yankees Stats - Hitting
NAMEABRH2B3BHRRBIBBSOSBCSBAOBPSLG
Aaron Judge1112132701020123600.288.358.622
Anthony Rizzo94121930315112200.202.306.330
Gleyber Torres90820414871800.222.278.422
Giancarlo Stanton88112230511142200.250.353.455
Joey Gallo881518401018134400.205.304.591
D.J. LeMahieu72821101131400.292.320.347
Josh Donaldson69611101282400.159.256.217
Isiah Kiner-Falefa6729200431510.134.169.333
Jose Trevino66211300142100.167.214.212
Aaron Hicks54713304731920.241.328.519
Greg Bird539171041221400.321.345.566
Marwin Gonzalez3718011301000.216.216.351
Kyle Higashioka3203100111200.094.143.125
2022 New York Yankees Stats - Pitching
NAMEGPGSWLSVQSHLDIPHERHRBBSOWHIPERA
Gerrit Cole665004042.1341264430.902.55
Jameson Taillon651403031.1381643221.314.60
Luis Gil552201027.0311775191.335.67
Jordan Montgomery841401022.235174371.686.75
Luis Severino441200020.0221243161.255.40
Domingo German440101016.025941101.635.06
Chad Green901000115.010102130.800.60
Jonathan Loaisiga901000414.28301110.611.84
Clay Holmes1100100314.1191349101.958.16
Zack Britton1200000313.110413110.982.70
Miguel Castro900000110.1921481.261.74
Ardolis Chapman90008009.13112130.540.96
Lucas Luetge70100006.2632020.904.05
Clarke Schmidt30100006.21251051.806.75
Michael King20000003.1621021.805.40
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-29-2022 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 05:14 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword’s MLB The Show 22 Classic/Directional/Clean Screen Simulation Slide

Streaming the beta set live.

Yankees at Rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-01-2022, 05:52 PM   #4
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Going to test these out after work and will let you know the results.

I think I will use timing hitting instead of directional, though.

Old 04-01-2022, 06:24 PM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Timing == directional just fyi.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 06:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Soooo happy to see this thread on here this year!

Old 04-01-2022, 06:38 PM   #7
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
There are two separate setting for that this year. Is there a difference though?

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-01-2022, 06:38 PM   #8
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21

I’m pretty sure they have two separate settings for timing and directional this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »