Home

Every Game Needs a Stadium Creator

This is a discussion on Every Game Needs a Stadium Creator within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 03-01-2023, 12:36 AM   #9
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Every Game Needs a Stadium Creator

I really hope to get a PS5 this year cause I badly want to fool around with the stadium creator. Seeing some of hte stadiums people have created blows me away.

But that being said, I hope getting Comiskey Park this year signals that maybe in future we'll get more classic stadium. I badly want Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium. Some of the other stadiums I want are Tiger Stadium, Kingdome, Candlestick Park, Astrodome and Cleveland Municipal Stadium.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 03-01-2023, 07:12 AM   #10
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

OVR: 0

On one hand, Iíd love the ability to create arenas in the NHL seriesÖon the other hand, the features that make the old arenas so iconic - like the seats in the Montreal Forum or the walls in Maple Leaf Gardens - are pretty niche and hard to duplicate. Iíd at least settle for customizable ice surfaces or boards, but Iím not holding my breath.

A stadium creator in FIFA would be absolutely amazing and my mind is boggling with the possibilities
Old 03-02-2023, 09:54 AM   #11
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

FIFA!!!!!

For goodness sake. The generic stadiums have been the same since I started playing FIFA over a decade ago.

Especially since many clubs donít have actual stadiums and are given one of the (SAME few) generic stadiums. 😩😩😩😩
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2023, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

If they are all like NBA 2k, I agree. If they are like the Show 21 (didn't play 22) then I disagree. For me custom stadiums should be able to be realistic. Realistic team branding (which includes custom uploaded logos like NBA 2k has done for decades) and other realistic features. Sponsors on walls, yardage markers, etc. Not sure if 22 was any better but the custom stadiums in 21 where extremely generic.
Old 03-06-2023, 12:31 PM   #13
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
If they are all like NBA 2k, I agree. If they are like the Show 21 (didn't play 22) then I disagree. For me custom stadiums should be able to be realistic. Realistic team branding (which includes custom uploaded logos like NBA 2k has done for decades) and other realistic features. Sponsors on walls, yardage markers, etc. Not sure if 22 was any better but the custom stadiums in 21 where extremely generic.
You are definitely able to make realistic stadiums in the Show. I do agree that they need more branding options though.
Old 03-06-2023, 01:33 PM   #14
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
You are definitely able to make realistic stadiums in the Show. I do agree that they need more branding options though.
Does 22 allow any team branding in the stadium? Ads and yardage markers on the walls? Little things like that are what I mean by realistic. I haven't played 22, so maybe they fixed all that. Plan to pickup 23 through.

That's the one huge positive with NBA 2k. I can put any logo I want on the floor to easy recreate say the 1990's Market Square Arena for the Pacers.
Old 03-06-2023, 02:31 PM   #15
Pro

breakfastcat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
Does 22 allow any team branding in the stadium? Ads and yardage markers on the walls? Little things like that are what I mean by realistic. I haven't played 22, so maybe they fixed all that. Plan to pickup 23 through.

That's the one huge positive with NBA 2k. I can put any logo I want on the floor to easy recreate say the 1990's Market Square Arena for the Pacers.
No it's functionally the same as 21 but with more props and night games. I'm really hoping they've made improvements to things like team branding, wall markers and ads, editable foul territory, out-of-play bullpens, etc. But their silence on the mode for this marketing cycle doesn't seem promising.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2023, 06:28 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
No it's functionally the same as 21 but with more props and night games. I'm really hoping they've made improvements to things like team branding, wall markers and ads, editable foul territory, out-of-play bullpens, etc. But their silence on the mode for this marketing cycle doesn't seem promising.

Not to mention the DD stream appeared to show two new created ballparks (possibly templates) that were 99% the same as what 22 allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »