Home

Has it finally happened

This is a discussion on Has it finally happened within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-13-2024, 01:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Has it finally happened

I hate to be that guy, but do we really need yet another thread to talk about the same dissatisfaction with franchise and other parts of the game?
Old 03-13-2024, 01:33 PM   #18
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I think that in a way they will be a victim of their own success. I am in no way saying that this will effect the sales numbers in the slightest though. What I mean by this is that for players like myself who only, or mainly, play franchise we are the ones most likely to skip a year or two. As the gameplay improves or kinks are ironed out, without actually substantive changes to the mode there really is no major reason to switch to a new version and have to start over.

It's obvious that we are in the minority and I am fine with that. Times and tastes change. I am still on a PS4 Pro so I have even less reason to "upgrade" as most. If/When I manage to get a PS5 I will most like upgrade for the Stadium Creator but that is really about it. I am in the Camp more aligned with Countryboy, though he is a collector and will buy the game regardless. with Y2Y saves I had 15 year franchise in the works and I never enjoyed the game more than I did during the releases of '14 to '20.

I was sitting out this year but I am intrigued by the new presentations. I do play a lot of MILB games so that alone has my interests. With some new names added I am hoping mine will be back in. Then add a layer of polish to everything and it might be a pickup for me.

But in the end Yes I think some of us are getting closer and closer to the skip a year or two crowd than we would be if year to year saves were still a thing.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-13-2024, 01:38 PM   #19
All Star

The upgrades are 200 new animations and 3 inning mode. I don't sim and therefore 3 inning mode is worthless for me so the decision is whether 200 new animations are worth starting over with my franchise which is currently in late July 2024. Another factor is in manage mode - the only mode I play - bugs get introduces and never fixed. Bug reports are ignored.

Do I throw out my franchise to get new animations and see whether bugs that should have been patched in 2023 have been fixed - or will more bugs be added?

I'll stay with 2023.
Old 03-13-2024, 01:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

The only real reason I want to get the newer version is to have the commentary and player likeness for the new international players. Especially as a Padres fan. Also enjoy the smaller details. The stuff they add that doesn't get the headlines, extra animations, celebrations, small improvements to gameplay mechanics. The stuff that gets added to the little things thread every year essentially lol. Feels silly to pay for these minor upgrades. But I know myself too well, already reaching for my wallet.
Old 03-13-2024, 01:49 PM   #21
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
The only real reason I want to get the newer version is to have the commentary and player likeness for the new international players. Especially as a Padres fan. Also enjoy the smaller details. The stuff they add that doesn't get the headlines, extra animations, celebrations, small improvements to gameplay mechanics. The stuff that gets added to the little things thread every year essentially lol. Feels silly to pay for these minor upgrades. But I know myself too well, already reaching for my wallet.
It's not even remotely silly. If you enjoy it the new stuff like I do, buy it and have fun for another 12 months of solid baseball gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2024, 01:56 PM   #22
Rookie

MikeAK79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
If MLB the Show had NBA 2K's franchise customization with a start today feature I'd never stop playing.
The ability to change award winners, overide CPU/CPU trades, add an international signing period for good measure and I'd die a happy man.
I feel the same way. MyNBA is an incredible design. The NBA for me is probably my least liked big NA sports league but even I get pulled into their mode. Everything about it just makes sense and it feels like a mode built by developers who actually play their own game. I would be like a kid on Xmas eve if SDS were to announce some type of overhaul to their Franchise mode that included even a fraction of what is offered in 2k's.
Old 03-13-2024, 01:57 PM   #23
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
It's not even remotely silly. If you enjoy it the new stuff like I do, buy it and have fun for another 12 months of solid baseball gaming.
I never knew putting out $59.99-$89.99 was so dramatic for some. Not being smart, I just don’t get it.
Old 03-13-2024, 04:16 PM   #24
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAK79
I feel the same way. MyNBA is an incredible design. The NBA for me is probably my least liked big NA sports league but even I get pulled into their mode. Everything about it just makes sense and it feels like a mode built by developers who actually play their own game. I would be like a kid on Xmas eve if SDS were to announce some type of overhaul to their Franchise mode that included even a fraction of what is offered in 2k's.
3 years ago I didn't even watch, or consider watching the NBA. I randomly decided to pick up NBA 2K22 and got really into it and now the NBA is probably my 2nd favorite sport to watch after MLB. I'm thinking it's partially due to how immersive the MyNBA mode is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »