Home

Old 05-13-2024, 06:20 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Errors

Is this just this year? I switched to button accuracy awhile ago because I felt I didn’t have enough errors with regular button throw.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:04 PM   #18
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
Is this just this year? I switched to button accuracy awhile ago because I felt I didn’t have enough errors with regular button throw.
Yeah, it's new this year. Was getting more the first couple weeks too. I actually switched to buttons from button accuracy because it gave me more throwing errors. Iirc, I actually didn't even have throwing errors maxed out last year because there ended up being too many throws from 3B on double play attempts sailing into RF.

I did finally see an offline throw today, but it was the 1B throwing to 2B (didn't count as an error, since they still got the out at 1B). Kinda seems like a bug that's just preventing offline throws to 1B for me (whether that be errors or picks by the 1B). I still see offline throws in the OF and from the C occasionally. But never from 2B/3B/SS.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2024, 04:58 PM   #19
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1

Would it be too much to ask for a throw to home..be to home? Half the time they chuck way off line like they're aiming for the dugouts!
Old 05-14-2024, 10:11 PM   #20
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
Should I have fielding errors at 10 as well or only throwing ?
I leave fielding errors at 5. I had them at 8 this year for a good while and noticed no difference. In fact I think at 5 I had more fielding errors lol. IMO, it's completely random and has nothing to do with the actual fielding attribute. I think the fielding attribute determines errors in simulated games, but nothing for games played. The reaction attribute is the one that is noticeable in the game, especially for OF.

Years past as DJ said, raising IF fielding errors would only increase bobbled grounders but not errors. This year it doesn't seem to do that thankfully at least. But still doesn't actually do what it says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkarl76
Would it be too much to ask for a throw to home..be to home? Half the time they chuck way off line like they're aiming for the dugouts!
Always so annoying that this game has professional outfielders throwing way off line at least 90% of the time when throwing home.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-15-2024, 08:39 AM   #21
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
I leave fielding errors at 5. I had them at 8 this year for a good while and noticed no difference. In fact I think at 5 I had more fielding errors lol. IMO, it's completely random and has nothing to do with the actual fielding attribute. I think the fielding attribute determines errors in simulated games, but nothing for games played. The reaction attribute is the one that is noticeable in the game, especially for OF.

Years past as DJ said, raising IF fielding errors would only increase bobbled grounders but not errors. This year it doesn't seem to do that thankfully at least. But still doesn't actually do what it says.

Always so annoying that this game has professional outfielders throwing way off line at least 90% of the time when throwing home.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I disagree with this. I see way more misplays in the infield from defenders with lower fielding rating. If a great fielder dives for a ball they usually make the play. If an average fielder dives for a ball they usually can only knock it down. Same with throwing errors. I almost never see throwing errors from my SS (70+ accuracy). Yet I’ve seen a handful from my 3B (Under 60 arm accuracy).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2024, 02:35 PM   #22
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I disagree with this. I see way more misplays in the infield from defenders with lower fielding rating. If a great fielder dives for a ball they usually make the play. If an average fielder dives for a ball they usually can only knock it down. Same with throwing errors. I almost never see throwing errors from my SS (70+ accuracy). Yet I’ve seen a handful from my 3B (Under 60 arm accuracy).
I agree. I cranked IF Fielding Errors up to 10 a few games ago, and have definitely seen an uptick on errors. I'm still not really getting errors or picks on any IF throws to 1B (one exception being I got a bad throw animation after the fielder also mishandled the groundball).

It's still not ideal, but it's better than it had been. And I've still seen a couple nice dives with errors at 10.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2024, 10:27 PM   #23
Rookie

StonewallTexan's Arena

OVR: 0

So are we ready to call the lack of errors on throws to 1B a genuine bug?
Old 05-16-2024, 11:53 PM   #24
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

i'm yet to see an outfield error or dropped catch of any kind.

i raised outfield errors, and all i'm seeing is players taking bad routes, and diving for balls they have no hope of tracking down. so poor outfield play, but no actual errors.

anyone else?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »