Home

MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year?

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hes been around the plate alot... sometimes that can be a good thing sometimes that can make u a little predictable out there...lol .... one more time...security..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #26
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year

If it's a button you have the option of not using it. It's really not that hard considering it won't be something you absolutely have to use in order to play the game. I could see it maybe being annoying for online players but that's about it. This could really end up being a very cool feature though.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #27
Rookie

The "ShowTime Button" was already in a baseball game, remember MLB 99 for PS One. It was called the incredible play button. It was a good Try but it was already invented.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
If it's a button you have the option of not using it. It's really not that hard considering it won't be something you absolutely have to use in order to play the game. I could see it maybe being annoying for online players but that's about it. This could really end up being a very cool feature though.
The "ShowTime Button" was already in a baseball game, remember MLB 99 for PS One. It was called the incredible play button.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #29
Rookie

Ghoste's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year

Making Nolan Arenado make a bare-handed pickup and throw... oh yeah!

-ghoste
Old 03-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #30
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I think the concern with this isn't that its not required, but more that some people may have trouble using it and would miss out on a really cool feature. They may want to use those animations, but aren't great at using the "button". I think having it triggered automatically based on how high a player's ratings are is the best way to handle this, but have the option to only have it triggered manually if you want that difficulty. Maybe just a difference between the default difficulty setting and HoF or Legend.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #31
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
You said it - now can you explain it?
Alright, I shall.

It simply feels...like a gimmick. What in the you-know-what does this game need with such a button? Now, I'm not ever one to complain -- because I play this game for the enjoyment (not looking for flaws like folks on most gaming message boards), and damn near ignore this franchise's flaws (I guess it's the baseball being first in me...) -- but it feels like a baseball version of the heat seeker/ball hawk button. Feels kind of forced.

A 'showtime' button? What are we playing? Madden 08 (I think that's what it was) and its highlight stick? I know all the info is so far from being out, so I could be overreacting. That said, until further notice, this seems off for THIS sport for me. I'll trust Ramone and 'nem to get something like this right, but as of right now...ehh.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars

Last edited by ThaShark28_316; 03-28-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #32
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark28_316
Alright, I shall.

It simply feels...like a gimmick. What in the you-know-what does this game need with such a button? Now, I'm not ever one to complain -- because I play this game for the enjoyment (not looking for flaws like folks on most gaming message boards), and damn near ignore this franchise's flaws (I guess it's the baseball being first in me...) -- but it feels like a baseball version of the heat seeker/ball hawk button. Feels kind of forced.

A 'showtime' button? What are we playing? MLB Slugfest? I know all the info is so far from being out, so I could be overreacting. That said, until further notice, this seems off for THIS sport for me. I'll trust Ramone and 'nem to get something like this right, but as of right now...ehh.
Fair enough, and I appreciate the explanation. I normally might agree with the thought process, if it wasn't SCEA as a developer. Now I am not claiming they are perfect, and impervious to mistakes or criticism. What I do know is this - If SCEA decides to implement a new mode or game option, while everyone may not like it, it will at least get the proper attention it needs from the developer - and not that tacked on feeling. While I am a firm believer in the fact that everyone has a right to post their own opinion(s) on these forums, your original post just came across as a dig towards a company that has done extremely well by its customer base over the years -

Please take no offense to what I am saying - that's why I asked for an explanation, and I really did appreciate you taking the time to explain yourself.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-28-2014 at 09:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »