Home

MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year?

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #33
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year

I love how we're already judging something that's not even in the game. Or even planned, for that matter. Pretty sure these guys have no desire to go the arcade route so I'll reserve judgment when/if something like this is ever implemented.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #34
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Fair enough, and I appreciate the explanation. I normally might agree with the thought process, if it wasn't SCEA as a developer. Now I am not claiming they are perfect, and impervious to mistakes or criticism. What I do know is this - If SCEA decides to implement a new mode or game option, while everyone may not like it, it will at least get the proper attention it needs from the developer - and not that tacked on feeling. While I am a firm believer in the fact that everyone has a right to post their own opinion(s) on these forums, your original post just came across as a dig towards a company that has done extremely well by its customer base over the years -

Please take no offense to what I am saying - that's why I asked for an explanation, and I really did appreciate you taking the time to explain yourself.
No offense taken at all. Thanks for hearing me out. Wasn't really a DIG, more than it was concern. I love what SCEA does (I'll be buying all 3 versions to SHOW--see what I did there?--my love and support.

I may have had a Bill moment when he found out Beatrix was alive and about to be married. I....overreacted.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 03-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #35
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

I think the showtime button would be a cool feature. I would want it to be limited to players with a certain fielding rating or give us the option to toggle it on/off for certain players in the player editor. With having a high risk/high reward type animation tied to the button, I would personally use it in early innings or blowouts on certain plays, where the risk of an error might not be quite as critical. With myself being more of a sim/true to life type player, I wouldnt use it on every grounder or fielding opportunity, therefore preventing it from giving my game an arcade type feel.

Last edited by agentlaw13; 03-28-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #36
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

This article made one thing clear, don't listen to the players lol unless it were something like the lifestyle of an MLB player for RTTS story mode or something and you needed material
Old 03-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #37
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
It would be cool if this ended up being a ps4 exclusive feature by using the touchpad to attempt these plays.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:45 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

I truly don't understand the problem with having a Showtime button. If this was put into the gm I would want total control over when it happened, instead of it being ratings based. Just have it as an option you could toggle on/ off.

We should all know by now SCEA won't implement something like this until it is done correctly. Not jumping on anyone but complaining about something before it's even in the game or how it would work is jumping to conclusions. Just because this or that company didn't do it right doesn't mean it can't be done right!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:21 AM   #39
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I think the concern with this isn't that its not required, but more that some people may have trouble using it and would miss out on a really cool feature. They may want to use those animations, but aren't great at using the "button". I think having it triggered automatically based on how high a player's ratings are is the best way to handle this, but have the option to only have it triggered manually if you want that difficulty. Maybe just a difference between the default difficulty setting and HoF or Legend.
Got ya. I hear and understand that now. Definitely makes sense. Thank you for the clarification. I'm sure the dev's can find a way to make it work for everyone, especially since they are on this site reading feedback.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 03-29-2014, 01:51 AM   #40
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwonder
I truly don't understand the problem with having a Showtime button. If this was put into the gm I would want total control over when it happened, instead of it being ratings based. Just have it as an option you could toggle on/ off.

We should all know by now SCEA won't implement something like this until it is done correctly. Not jumping on anyone but complaining about something before it's even in the game or how it would work is jumping to conclusions. Just because this or that company didn't do it right doesn't mean it can't be done right!!!
No one is complaining, its the same type of discussion that happens when someone makes a thread with "I have a great idea for _______" or when a new feature is announced. People see something that could be in the game and then discuss ways it could work, or not, or if they just hate the idea or love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »